16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2014 6:12 AM by ctfw529 RSS

CAUTION PLAYERS!

morris_family

Seems we are getting a fast one pulled over our eyes, ladies and gentlemen. And here's why:

When the wolf skin debuted I hadn't gotten my PS4, but was under the impression DLC would transfer from the PS3 to the PS4 and vice versa. I  was lead to believe this when I had researched a bit because my Simon "Ghost" Riley mask and Insignia Pack was available to download via the PlayStation 4's library, which I eventually had gotten them to "push" through for me to use it. Anyways, here is a screen shot of the webpage I had used to show how the DLC was to be transferable:

As you can see located at the bottom under PlayStation, it states that DLC purchased on PlayStation 3

will transfer to the PlayStation 4 and DLC purchased on the PlayStation 4 will transfer to the PlayStation 3. This has since been changed, thus making to where we must pay for DLC per console unless you are a Season Pass holder and had upgraded from the PS3 to the PS4 then the only thing transferable is the maps. As stated by this picture:

And as you can see, content only transfers from the previous generation to the current generation (PS3->PS4), and content will not transfer backwards blah, blah, blah...... But the last part of that is "Customization items do not transfer...". This has me concerned because I am aware of people that was under the impression that DLC would transfer and had bought Onslaught thinking they'd get it on the PlayStation 4. Sadly they have since changed the rules allowing them to charge twice for the same item. So I urge caution when buying your items, because the rules just may be twisted again to give Activision the upper hand even more so.

So Activision when will you make Call of Duty A "Pay-to-Play" or whatever,, so you guys can charge us for everything? True, I can go play something else, but like many of the others dedicated to the Call of Duty line, we are faithful and this is how you repay us.... Thank you.

• Re: CAUTION PLAYERS!
    morris_family

Those of you stopping by to read this... What are your thoughts? Do you think DLC should be transferable or do you like the way they "flipped the script" on us? Give us your thoughts in the comments below...

ctfw529

i'm quite bothered by it. it has the potential to set a very bad precedent for the future. what's to stop them from pulling preorder bonuses? or stop them from not including everything in hardened editions, or changing what we paid for *after* the fact. this is exactly whats happened here. bait & switch...

we're not the only ones talking about it either - Season Pass and Individual Map pack transfer changes.....Please clarify Atvi

problem is, is there's not enough people talking about it...

rankismet
    • Micro-transactions (wolf skin, soldier skins, etc) have always not been transferable between consoles.
    • They changed the way DLC map packs (season pass and individual map packs) transfer.
    • The "they" is Sony and not ATVI/IW.

Please try re-reading it.

morris_family

Where you say "...Please try re-reading it.", I think you might be wrong in my opinion. As it states DLC, not maps or micro DLC would transfer. Thus it's safe to assume that it's all DLC not specific to which.

rankismet

You know what they say about assume...

I tried... you ignored... I'm done.

Have fun being mad.

ctfw529

morris_family wrote:

Where you say "...Please try re-reading it.", I think you might be wrong in my opinion. As it states DLC, not maps or micro DLC would transfer. Thus it's safe to assume that it's all DLC not specific to which.

don't bother replying to this one anymore. they are running around to these threads and trying to diffuse the issue. they also do not understand the potential this has for future "screwings" by these companies.

also, the "try re-reading it" part shows that this poster has no idea whats happened here and obviously thinks that the new support page is the one that's been there all along. ignorance is bliss, i guess...

rankismet

ctfw529 wrote:

morris_family wrote:

don't bother replying to this one anymore. they are running around to these threads and trying to diffuse the issue. they also do not understand the potential this has for future "screwings" by these companies.

also, the "try re-reading it" part shows that this poster has no idea whats happened here and obviously thinks that the new support page is the one that's been there all along. ignorance is bliss, i guess...

No... the "try re-reading it" is because the OP mistakenly...

... wrongly...

... incorrectly...

... complete ignorantly...

... can't read in plain English...

... that what changed was the manner in which map DLC... the things covered by the season pass... is transferable with PS3 and PS4. Micro-transactions (like the space kitty camo) have always... that means hasn't changed ever... been isolated to the console on which they were purchased.

The fact the OP... and perhaps you... can't understand the distinction between DLC and micro transactions is completely not my freakin' problem. And blaming ATVI/IW for the change in how DLC (the map DLC... because that is the DLC which changed) is handled is not the correct party... that is Sony.

What is transferrable and what is not is clear as day.... and because of that... it's clear as day the policy for the SP changed.

Folks can be as enraged as they want.... I would be for the change.

But be enraged with a little freakin' knowledge and at the right people.

You're welcome.

ctfw529

rankismet wrote:

ctfw529 wrote:

morris_family wrote:

No... the "try re-reading it" is because the OP mistakenly...

... wrongly...

... incorrectly...

... complete ignorantly...

... can't read in plain English...

... that what changed was the manner in which map DLC... the things covered by the season pass... is transferable with PS3 and PS4. Micro-transactions (like the space kitty camo) have always... that means hasn't changed ever... been isolated to the console on which they were purchased.

The fact the OP... and perhaps you... can't understand the distinction between DLC and micro transactions is completely not my freakin' problem. And blaming ATVI/IW for the change in how DLC (the map DLC... because that is the DLC which changed) is handled is not the correct party... that is Sony.

What is transferrable and what is not is clear as day.... and because of that... it's clear as day the policy for the SP changed.

Folks can be as enraged as they want.... I would be for the change.

But be enraged with a little freakin' knowledge and at the right people.

You're welcome.

you can keep saying "you're welcome" and "I'm done" and whatever else you'd like till you're blue in the face.

what you're not understanding is we *know* it changed, that's the f-ing problem! companies CANNOT change the parameters of a deal *after* it's done. we did NOT get what we were told we were going to get when we made the purchase. it's against consumer protection laws. again, did you even bother to look at the other thread to see the support pages before and after they changed it?

as far as microtransactions, yes, they normally do not transfer, but this one was different, *activision* again said that, at least, the Riley skin would transfer on playstation, but now it doesn't.

Q: Will the Call of Duty: Ghosts Festive Personalization Pack and Wolf Skin Micro Items carry over from PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4?

A: Yes, the Call of Duty: Ghosts Festive Personalization Pack and Wolf Skin Micro Items will carry over from PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4.

from - Call of Duty®: Ghosts Micro Items FAQ - again, another contradicting statement *from* activision...so, again, you're completely wrong, they originally said that the riley microtransaction would transfer, now they say it does not...

again, you keep saying sony is the culprit here, yet you've given absolutely nothing to show that is the case.

i don't know why this is so hard for you to understand...again, sony doesn't even enter the picture here, activision made statements, in multiple places *before* the release of onslaught and now *after* the sale, have changed their terms.

one last thing, why won't you answer any questions? you keep replying like you want to be involved in this discussion, yet you won't answer any questions, and you, apparently, won't look at any info being presented to you, all from activisions own statements.

ctfw529

rankismet wrote:

• Micro-transactions (wolf skin, soldier skins, etc) have always not been transferable between consoles.
      • They changed the way DLC map packs (season pass and individual map packs) transfer.
      • The "they" is Sony and not ATVI/IW.

Please try re-reading it.

try re-reading what? the support page which now shows different information from the one they posted before the DLC release?

you keep replying to posts like you know something, but then not say anything at all. both the OP of this thread and myself in the other thread are being replied to, by you, but you're not saying a damn thing of substance. did you even bother reading the other thread i linked for you? do you even have any cognitive thinking skills?

do you even know what the full story is here? honestly, you must, either work for one of these companies, are a serious cod fanboy, or just a supertroll...which is it?

you keep going on about this is a sony issue. where is that info coming from? where have they made any statements about anything in this issue? who are the ones that made all of the statements about the transferability? was it sony or activision? a little hint, it was activision, not sony...

btw, i'm guessing supertroll based on the troll posts you've made to both myself and this poster. your replies have added absolutely nothing to the conversation.

oh well, you can keep doing whatever it is you're doing. some of us will keep working towards getting what we paid for. one day, maybe you'll grow up and understand what something like this actually means for *all* of us...

rankismet

ctfw529 wrote:

try re-reading what? the support page which now shows different information from the one they posted before the DLC release?

Indeed... they changed the policy regarding map packs. And the "they" is Sony.

ctfw529 wrote:

you keep replying to posts like you know something, but then not say anything at all. both the OP of this thread and myself in the other thread are being replied to, by you, but you're not saying a damn thing of substance. did you even bother reading the other thread i linked for you? do you even have any cognitive thinking skills?

I've said exactly what I meant to say and quite clearly. Map DLC... the season pass... transfer policy for Sony consoles changed. It was PS3->PS4 and/or PS4->PS3. It changed to PS3->PS4 only. And was done by Sony. How much more substantive do you want?

ctfw529 wrote:

do you even know what the full story is here? honestly, you must, either work for one of these companies, are a serious cod fanboy, or just a supertroll...which is it?

you keep going on about this is a sony issue. where is that info coming from? where have they made any statements about anything in this issue? who are the ones that made all of the statements about the transferability? was it sony or activision? a little hint, it was activision, not sony...

btw, i'm guessing supertroll based on the troll posts you've made to both myself and this poster. your replies have added absolutely nothing to the conversation.

oh well, you can keep doing whatever it is you're doing. some of us will keep working towards getting what we paid for. one day, maybe you'll grow up and understand what something like this actually means for *all* of us...

I pay attention to things... sadly (but not surprising)... the link where this information was has since been removed. Look for a link mid wall 'o text labeled "here" but the context of it can be found :

One of Swords: Last-minute COD Ghosts FAQ | Community

Unlike others, I tend to inform myself before I make a major purchase decision... and that is why I can understand people being upset about this change. But be upset at the right people... for the right reason... with the real facts.

That's what grown ups do.

You're welcome.

ctfw529

rankismet wrote:

ctfw529 wrote:

Indeed... they changed the policy regarding map packs. And the "they" is Sony.

ctfw529 wrote:

I've said exactly what I meant to say and quite clearly. Map DLC... the season pass... transfer policy for Sony consoles changed. It was PS3->PS4 and/or PS4->PS3. It changed to PS3->PS4 only. And was done by Sony. How much more substantive do you want?

ctfw529 wrote:

I pay attention to things... sadly (but not surprising)... the link where this information was has since been removed. Look for a link mid wall 'o text labeled "here" but the context of it can be found :

One of Swords: Last-minute COD Ghosts FAQ | Community

Unlike others, I tend to inform myself before I make a major purchase decision... and that is why I can understand people being upset about this change. But be upset at the right people... for the right reason... with the real facts.

That's what grown ups do.

You're welcome.

ok, where to begin...

so, firstly, nowhere in that "blog" article does it indicate anything about sony making this change. so, again, where are you assuming that from? oh, that's right, you're only assuming...

secondly, you're going to try to give me evidence of something that's not even from the official channels? you're going to try to give me evidence from a blog post that doesn't even have concrete information, even getting information from "customers at walmart" - "I am told by a customer that Walmart will mail you the codes if you order via their website" and also doesn't even know the answer to this whole issue? this is what he says about the transfer issue - "I do not expect that to work", he *doesn't expect that to work*? so, what is it? will it or won't it?

furthermore, the most recent update to that *blog* is from November 3rd??? seriously? and you think this is a somewhat more credible source than activisions own *official* support pages? you're insane.

i know who this person is and what that blog is all about. it's not run by activision, it's only associated with them. i don't know about you, but i usually take my information from the official sources, namely activision in this case.

so, again, i'm working with the facts that activision put out on their own support pages. i'm not going with some random internet posters knowledge, nor am i going with some wannabe community liaison that can't even offer up concrete information...

as a "grown-up", you should know better than to take a 3rd parties information over the 1st party...you're welcome.   :-)

go ahead and reply if you want, but, just so you know, i'm done debating this with you as you offer nothing to this entire conversation.

RunAndGun1

It specifically says:

"Individual map packs purchased individually do not transfer."

That means, those who JUST bought Onslaught DLC by itself, cannot transfer it to their new console. It's very clear in that respect. But, they (Sony or Actv) would be foolish to let this stand.

morris_family

I has good news and bad news. Seems Activision is saying that Sony is to blame as this most recent post suggests. Here: https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist/posts/10152265877159906 This is my personnal feed and post to Activision Assist, feel free to way in there too. So, bad news someone's right. Good news, we actually have a direction to go after now to get this reversed.

ctfw529

this is what i posted in another thread, but please follow it and see if the stand-alone DLC shows up as "playable on..." for 1 or both consoles, please.

ok, so i got the transfer to work from my ps4 to my ps3. here's how.

- go to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ and sign into your account. click on your name, go to "download list"

this is what you're looking for:

Capture.JPG

- tell it to "download to ..." whichever console you want it on.

- after download, go into "download list" on the console and "install season pass"

- go into store, search for ghosts, hit add-ons, hit download and it should start downloading from there.

i know this works for the season pass. i do not know if it'll work for any other DLC.

morris_family

They have changed the rules. Siting Sony is the reason DLC (except Season Pass) will not transfer. Am I upset? Yes. Just look at the photo...

ctfw529

oh, i know they did. i'm on your side, remember?  :-)

i just don't know what to do about it at this point. i got mine to work using the method above. it wasn't supposed to work, but it did. it worked the way it originally said it would, not the way the changed it to.

did you try my suggestion above? logging into SEN.com and seeing what your list says?