21 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2014 2:02 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

Season Pass and Individual Map pack transfer changes.....Please clarify Atvi

FalconR6

Ok - so there has been a lot of confusion, especially for Playstation users on the ability to transfer content, specifically Map Packs/Season Pass.

Well - it seems that the rules, or should I say released information, has changed.

On the 8th of Feb I answered a Support question. I copied info from an article entitled : Call Of Duty: Ghosts DLC compatibility made available in the Acti Knowledge bank..

Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Compatibility

Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC map packs are available in two ways:
  1. With the Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass, each DLC pack is pre-purchased and will be available to download on the day each pack is released.
  2. Each DLC map pack can be purchased individually though the in-game store, or through the Xbox Store or the PlayStation Store.
If you plan on playing the DLC map packs on more than one console generation (i.e. both Xbox 360 and Xbox One), please refer to the following guide:

Xbox
DLC transferring between Xbox 360 and Xbox One depends on whether or not you purchased the DLC with a Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass.

If you have a Season Pass:
  • DLC purchased on Xbox 360 will transfer to Xbox One.
  • DLC purchased on Xbox One will not transfer to Xbox 360.

If you do not have a Season Pass:

• DLC purchased on Xbox 360 will not transfer to Xbox One.
  • DLC purchased on Xbox One will not transfer to Xbox 360.

PlayStation The Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass has no effect on DLC transferring between PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
  • DLC purchased on PlayStation 3 will transfer to PlayStation 4.
  • DLC purchased on PlayStation 4 will transfer to PlayStation 3.

................................................................................ ...........................................................

And now for the change:

Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Compatibility

Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC map packs are available in two ways:

1. With the Call of Duty: Ghosts Season Pass, each DLC pack is pre-purchased and will be available to download on the day each pack is released.
  2. Each DLC map pack can be purchased individually though the in-game store, or through the Xbox Store or the PlayStation Store.

If you plan on playing the DLC map packs on more than one console generation (i.e. both Xbox 360 and Xbox One), please refer to the following guide:

• Content only transfers from the previous generation to current generation (Xbox 360 → Xbox One, PS3 → PS4). Content will not transfer backwards.
  • The only content that will transfer are map packs acquired though a Season Pass purchase. Individual map packs purchased individually do not transfer.
  • Customization Items do not transfer, including:
    • Personalization Packs
    • Legend Packs
    • Special Characters
    • Extra Slots Packs
    • The Wolf

................................................................................ .........

This "change of heart" has nothing to do with dates. Quite simply - it has changed.

According to the above when it comes to Playstation:

• Content now will only transfer from old to new generations.
  • Individual Map Packs no longer are transferable.

As for xbox - everything is as it was.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------

Dear Activision / Playstaion --> I think a lot of your customers would like an explanation. What is the actual truth of transferring DLC on the Playstation. The big advantage Playstation had going for it when it came to Ghosts was the ability to transfer both ways PS3<-->PS4, and the ability to transfer individual map packs.

As someone who helps out in support I have given the information you provided to a number of customers, and as such they have made purchases based on that information. I could easily list a multitude of threads where the above issue has become a sore point, I trust you can find them.

teanah  candyslexia  Gypsy816

• Re: Season Pass and Individual Map pack transfer changes.....Please clarify Atvi
    maccabi

This reminds me of the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

"But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."

"But the plans were on display ..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

• Re: Season Pass and Individual Map pack transfer changes.....Please clarify Atvi
      FalconR6

I'm lolling at that excert

Except I would not be lolling if I was a PS user. Especially those who have had dramas transferring materials over the past few montyhs. Neither would I be happy had I bought material, heck even the PS console, based on the original licensing agreement.

My feeling is that this is a Playstation balls-up,,, and would not be surprised if Atvi are unhappy about the situation. Transfers rules,designed by PS, were having trouble being implemented, and as such they have changed / reneged on original agreement.

maccabi

FalconR6 wrote:

I'm lolling at that excert

Except I would not be lolling if I was a PS user. Especially those who have had dramas transferring materials over the past few montyhs. Neither would I be happy had I bought material, heck even the PS console, based on the original licensing agreement.

My feeling is that this is a Playstation balls-up,,, and would not be surprised if Atvi are unhappy about the situation. Transfers rules,designed by PS, were having trouble being implemented, and as such they have changed / reneged on original agreement.

I would assume its a platform issue , butthe change in policy should've been better highlighted to people I forsee a lot of annoyed ps users soon.

ctfw529

nice post! thanks for putting that post together Falcon. i also made a post at us.playstation.com as well. i used your post to show what the 2 support pages looked like before they changed them.

i've also made a post on activisions support twitter asking about the change as well. i'm curious to see what they say. looks like they're just referring people right to that page.

either way, it's not right. i understand that things change, even sometimes *after* the fact, but the fact that it's ben a few weeks and people have been trying to find out how to get this on both consoles *after* purchase, *after* activision said it could be done, is just flat-out crossing the line, as far as i'm concerned.

FalconR6

You're welcome and thank-you. This is what the forum is about, at the very least we can keep ourselves informed.

At the moment the silencing is deafening surrounding this issue. I have also reached out via twitter for explanations.

Pr1Vat3kill3r

Whatever you want, send me a pm to push them give us what we paid for. I started a new thead on the same topic before I saw your thread. This is UNNACCEPTABLE! I have been contacting them for a month, they always accepted my concern and promised to fix it, and now they just forwarded me to the new support page!!! I'll never buy the activision rubbish again....

FalconR6

I feel for you bro. You obviously bought the PS3 Season Pass to upgrade to PS4 --> believing this was the way to do it.

Does not affect me per-se because I'm an xboxer, but having tried to help many forumers over the past few months I know the dramas. Feel free to link your thread to this one, visa versa.

Honestly, you bought content based on information provided by Acivision/Playstation. Someone owes you a redeem code for transfer..

starbuckfrack

Even though this is a great thread and hope the issue gets solved...

The person you responded to did not buy the Season Pass and just wants one DLC map pack transferred over .

FalconR6

Problem is Starbuck is the original transfer rules for PS was that individual map packs would transfer. Since Ghosts began CS has been backing up the original "DLC Compatibility" Doc by confirming this to be the case.

PS users you could be pissed off:

Those who bought the SP on PS4 --> and their transfer to PS3 has not worked.

Those who bought individual map packs for either console believing it would transer

PS4 users who bought the console due to believing that Sony DLC transfer was less restrictive (this would have been a contributing factor for some)

Note:  CS and the "Compatiability" Doc have changed the message of the rules. But this must be to cover themselves, as the original transfer agreement still can work, For how many --> all I know is that since DLC came out PS have been having the most trouble transferring in the Support Section..

ctfw529

so, this is where my twitter convo has ended up - Twitter / ATVIAssist: @ctfw529 Were currently working ...

basically, they're just pushing it off again.

also, found this from IW themselves, from a post on this site -

"Additionally, for fans looking forward to the Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Pack, please note the following with regard to transferring DLC from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. If you are a Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass holder, then your Onslaught DLC Pack will carry over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. However, if you are not a Call of Duty Ghosts DLC Season Pass holder and purchase the Onslaught DLC Pack individually, it will not carry over from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. Currently, Microsoft only supports DLC transfer between Xbox 360 and Xbox One if you are a Season Pass holder. However, the Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Pack will carry over from PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4 whether you purchase it individually or get it as part of the Call of Duty: Ghosts DLC Season Pass.

Thanks for all the support and continued feedback, and we'll see you online!" - Upcoming Improvements to Call of Duty: Ghosts

here's the problem, the sentence at the end, in italics, says that it'll transfer regardless of bought through season pass or individually.

so, that's now 3 different statements from them...

1. the original support page, saying that it was transferable across both

2. this statement above made on March 10th

3. now the new support page statements, which says that it's now *not* transferable downwards, and only if you have the season pass

really seems like no one knows what was supposed to be done. i don't even know what to do at this point. i'm about to start forwarding all of this stuff to all of the tech and gaming sites...

nuttin2say

I don't know. It won't take too much more to tip this COD season into the "Worse than" bucket. Worse than the MW2 season.

snap out of it

Snap out of it!!!

Pr1Vat3kill3r

As I mentioned to another thread this si the official answer from Sony after many email exchanges:

Dear customer,

Conserning your case, it has already been escalated to the proper department and the answer by Sony is that the DLC is available for both platforms (PS3 and PS4) but it is not cross-buy content. If you wish to own it in both platforms, it is required to purchase it for both consoles. We appologise for your inconvenience but there is nothing else we can do about it.

Best Regards,

SONY SUPPORT TEAM

SUPPORT: http://www.sony-europe.com/support/

Sony Belgium, bijkantoor van Sony Europe Limited.

Da Vincilaan 7-D1 - B-1935 Zaventem - Belgium

Totally unacceptable. I think we should forward it to every gaming site and forum we know as it is our only hope they dont drop us down. Guys this is very serious, If we do nothing about it it will be like we accept any similar behaviour from companiew in the future. This has to stop now before its too late!!!

FalconR6

Support teams are only going to give you stock answers. They cant speculate on "whys" and "changes".

Let's give Playstation and Atvi a couple of days to address the issue. I think they realised the system they had implemented was not working. I honestly do not think it is a cash grab. Having helped around in the support section, many PS users have been having trouble for months.

I do understand your frustration though.

ctfw529

while i do 100% agree with you, there's no way that they don't know about this issue from the few of us that are calling them out on it, in various ways. lets give them a few more days to see if they rectify the situation on their own first.

that being said, i do intend on getting this information out to as many gaming/tech sites as i can *if* they don't do anything about it. i am going to give them some more time first though. i do know/understand that this isn't something 1 person can make the decision on, it'll have to be passed around within their companies a bit before they fully decide to rectify it or leave it alone.

DrSucmypp

I have been giving acti and sony hell. This is excuse my language BS! I'm purchased the content on my ps3 after reading on their website that it would transfer. This is ridiculous I'm a paying customer and a PS plus member to Sony.  Seriously so we just get side swiped? No I will not accept this at all I will make them hear me until justice is served.

ctfw529

DrSucmypp wrote:

I have been giving acti and sony hell. This is excuse my language BS! I'm purchased the content on my ps3 after reading on their website that it would transfer. This is ridiculous I'm a paying customer and a PS plus member to Sony.  Seriously so we just get side swiped? No I will not accept this at all I will make them hear me until justice is served.

what is NOT transferring for you? look at my post directly below and go onto the SEN online store and see how your purchases show up. what do they say as far as "playable on..."? does it say just ps3, or does it also show ps4 as well?

ctfw529

ok, so i got the transfer to work from my ps4 to my ps3. here's how.

- go to https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ and sign into your account. click on your name, go to "download list"

this is what you're looking for:

Capture.JPG

- tell it to "download to ..." whichever console you want it on.

- after download, go into "download list" on the console and "install season pass"

- go into store, search for ghosts, hit add-ons, hit download and it should start downloading from there.

i know this works for the season pass. i do not know if it'll work for any other DLC.

Fraz1075

But can I transfer my Call of Duty Ghosts Season Pass from my old Xbox Live account to my new account?