27 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2014 3:58 PM by iHattoriHanzo0 RSS

Ghost Dynamic Maps: An opinion

Izjar11

COD

One of the more interesting aspects of Ghost are the introduction to MP dynamic elements within the maps, which range from small to large. For example: opening doors, closing doors to the evil KEM strike on strikezone.

The better ones to me are:

Octane: Gas station roof and exploding walls top of diner. Middle crate with care package.

Freight: Multiple doors that can be opened and closed

Warhawks: Field order (special streaks) mortar strike (which is a very good streak)

Stormfront: The storm that slowly appears, just cool on the PS4.

The not so stellar ones are:

Whiteout: Satellite that does very little (perhaps having it crash in different areas would have made it more interesting.

Sovereign: Halon Gas

Siege: Moving train in the middle

Personally I like the idea of interacting with maps, and its about time they added them. I presume in the near future we will see more of this, and possibly (fingers crossed) changing weather or changing day / night, evening/morning views.

• Re: Ghost Dynamic Maps: A opinion
    nicedrewishfela

I can tell you this, since you are a friend... "An Opinion"

Love the Dynamic Maps and hope that it continues to evolve in future titles.

• Re: Ghost Dynamic Maps: An opinion
    ghamorra

When I first heard about "dynamic maps" I thought they would finally make maps that are change. There would be something different each time you played; a building might be explore-able, a vehicle might be there, a wall could be crumbled. Stuff like that.

Instead they went with odd things that really hold minor impact on the game or are just extremely annoying. I like what they did on Freight with the doors and ladder. That's more what I'm looking for. But the earthquakes on Tremor (which you didn't add) are pretty annoying and the the satellite on Whiteout seems pointless. I think they were worried about making them too effective. 

trialstardragon

I wanted full dynamic maps, such as in weather(rain/wind/snow/lighting(more than what stormfront has)), and light/shadow(day/night)changes. Walls that crumbled blocking off entire routes, Holes in walls opening creating new routes. Bridge blown away blocking off one route. Or a bridge that could be lowered to open a new route.. and not just that silly tree on prison break or the gate on stonehaven.

Changes that when triggered or automatically happened radically changed how the map played from then until end of match.

Izjar11

ghamorra wrote:

When I first heard about "dynamic maps" I thought they would finally make maps that are change. There would be something different each time you played; a building might be explore-able, a vehicle might be there, a wall could be crumbled. Stuff like that.

Instead they went with odd things that really hold minor impact on the game or are just extremely annoying. I like what they did on Freight with the doors and ladder. That's more what I'm looking for. But the earthquakes on Tremor (which you didn't add) are pretty annoying and the the satellite on Whiteout seems pointless. I think they were worried about making them too effective.

Yea to add too much complex things to this game would have been an error, these current dynamic elements are (mostly) visual and curious.

Personally, I like the tremors

Get it tremors

iHattoriHanzo0

I like them a bunch. Good stuff.

The Whiteout satellite crash also gives your team a level one satcom for the remainder of the game. And if the enemy goes gets close to it, their hud gets interference.

trialstardragon

Hey now I have used that moving train to flank the enemy and wipe out half their team before. And used it as a distraction to get out of the train station because they watched it move and not the caves.

the one I feel is the dumbest is prison break with the logs.. since not a lot of players go that direction most of the time.

Izjar11

trialstardragon wrote:

Hey now I have used that moving train to flank the enemy and wipe out half their team before. And used it as a distraction to get out of the train station because they watched it move and not the caves.

the one I feel is the dumbest is prison break with the logs.. since not a lot of players go that direction most of the time.

hahaha half the team were mesmerized by the train moving?

stumpsigpi

Variable weather  would be awesome similar to a few examples of some of the EA sports titles. A map set in a given location getting rain then it is raining. 12am there and the game is played at night.

OfficerKlutz

Would be cool if you could have more options to creating different routes and blocking them. Like having any explosive and blowing apart a certain place to flank an enemy or by turning on a sewer pipe for example to slow or stop enemies from rushing a certain route. Would also be nice if they didnt have the breach parts so players would have to find out for themselves, but still keep the ghost mask icon to give hints.

Gerbera

I get the feeling CoD is taking dynamics slowly because, similar to Streaks, they don't want players to become too reliant on them and/or certain ones being exploited all the time.

Izjar11

Gerbera wrote:

I get the feeling CoD is taking dynamics slowly because, similar to Streaks, they don't want players to become too reliant on them and/or certain ones being exploited all the time.

yea exactly, this is a first so they didnt want to throw the entire boat into the game. Good point.

TheDarkOne123

I to wish they would take dynamic maps to the next level. I wish they had weather and rain, and unscripted destruction like Red Faction had. I could only imagine how mad people would get if an entire building fell on them. Or if they are running on the second floor just to have the floor fall beneath them and they fall to their death.

trialstardragon

Problem is if they did many would cry and rage over it saying was not fair. Cheap death, no skill.. ruins the game..not CoD anymore too much like BF.. blah blah blah.. whine whine whine.

Just a simple change of lighting would change the game in so much that many players would cry over it, since their shadowed camping spot was now brightly lit and easy to see.

And in more dynamic events like loud weather and sand or rain or snow that reduces vision and sound and even more people would cry about that as they do right now about not being able to turn down the music.

Imagine a map that started early morning, and then goes to bright afternoon.. shadows changed positions.. camping spaces changed(now the camper is easy to see and dies(rages and dashboards).. then a storm rolls in.. either snow or and or heavy rain, reducing vision to half range or less(snipers rage because are now useless)(by the way ME3 MP has such things as storms on some maps), then the campers building or corner blows up or falls on them killing them right before a streak.. people would rage so hard and threaten IW/3arc that they better remove it or they are suing them for ruining the game for them.

TheDarkOne123

That's the community in a nutshell unfortunately they complain if the slightest thing hinders them. Amplify is a fine example once Dead Silence got buffed everyone started crying. I think it would be way better with full fledged unscripted destruction and weather/day night cycles. They couldn't say the destruction is like Battlefield cause the destruction happens the same way every time. Unscripted would be more dynamic and cause people to be more careful in a building missing some of it's support beams. If it was like this Tremors would be the most dangerous map in the game.

rlbl

Personally I was a little disappointed

Dynamic maps - great idea

IMO - they are not dynamic enough. But then given the size of the maps and the way the game plays, more may have been impossible.

A definite step in the right direction in principal though.

"Hey there is a sniper in that building! No problem, take out the building... oh wait, no I can't"

Izjar11

rlbl wrote:

Personally I was a little disappointed

Dynamic maps - great idea

IMO - they are not dynamic enough. But then given the size of the maps and the way the game plays, more may have been impossible.

A definite step in the right direction in principal though.

"Hey there is a sniper in that building! No problem, take out the building... oh wait, no I can't"

Right, hopefully something similar to BF4 will happen, where a (tower, room, frail building) could be brought down.

PUR4IDO

None of these maps are dynamic. They have dynamic elements to them but are not dynamic. The layout of the map doesn't change. Strikezone becomes a totally different map after a KEM strike, that's not even a dynamic element. An example of a dynamic map would be completely destroying the guard tower in prison break. That's a dynamic map, once that happens, the tower is no longer usable.

The Sat crash in Whiteout, gives you an unlimited sat-com, nulls the enemy map.

What is the purpose of the moving train in Siege? Nothing. It doesn't change the landscape of the map.

Pretty sure real dynamic maps will never be part of COD( engine is old ). These stupid added elements are just dumb. The once glorious MOAB/Nuke has been turned into a joke. Teabag somebody and you also can have a KEM.