22 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 2:40 PM by boybad RSS

What is your best Origins strategies (gathering infos from experts)

Fmrkooo

I know couple of strategies like semtex, crazy place and others. I just want to know if there's another CO-OP strategies

• Re: What is your best Origins strategies (gathering infos from experts)
    boybad

ORIGINS fast team strategy

Drone Strategy in the Crazy Place is probably the fastest to 70+ as you dont need to rely on ammo but the strategy requires a lot of skill running around.

Gen2 Camping strategy is by far the fastest to 50+, after that you will run in to ammo issues. Once you set up lock yourself in between two doors, you can not leave here, well until you out of ammo which should be after 50 or high 40s with 4 players, usually takes 2hrs to 40.

morv151190

Hey mate, me and my friend tried the maxis drone like you said, we still  set up the staffs and completed the EE etc. We used the staffs till round 60 before using the maxis drone for the first time, I was pretty impressed because it took about 50 zombies out and didn't take long to power back up, however in the 70's it does get slightly weaker killing just over a full horde and after 80 it kills around 5 zombies. I think you are right about it making the earlier round quicker and being very helpful in the mid-high rounds but for those who aim for 80+, I think that using the staffs and looping behind the tank station becomes the best option and  it is better to set  the staffs up as early as possible.

boybad

but for those who aim for 80+

Not many lol respect for those who legit, i dont have that much time or patience and 70 in a team game is where i draw the line, love to hear new smart and clever strategies. Gen 2 and tank never goes down well in a team game, more like a solo strat but do explain...

morv151190

I already explained the strategy on another thread, the one that you called a poor strategy. Basically after camping till round 60+ at jugg (70 depending on how lucky we get with max ammo's), we looped the zombies up on the tank road behind the Generator 2 Tank station.

It is a solo strategy that works just as well with 2 players. To loop the zombies up both players start on the camping spot just in front of big spawn point  near the fence, all the zombies will spawn on the tank road so as soon as the zombies start spawning one player runs inside the tankstation and if timed right no zombies will follow him , if they do it is usually 2 or 3 at the most.

At the same time the other player makes a run towards the switch on the wall (obviously the tank can't be here for this strategy), by the time this player reaches the tank switch all the zombies should have formed a line behind him so he can safely run back around the zombies clockwise to loop them up and then back towards the spot where both players started. The player inside the Tank station must run back outside to the camping spot after the zombies are looped before the other player gets back there with the zombies, one of the players then shoots a 3 burst shot with the ice staff  just in front of the spawn point where they are stood killing the full horde and any zombies that spawn there. Both players must stay stood on that spot until the Ice shot ends, the run is then repeated. Rounds in the 70's last around 10 minute and about 15 minutes in the 80's.

The wind staff can also be used but the zombies must be grouped up tight so that you can shoot a 3 burst shot directly at the  zombies instantly killing the full horde and  zombies that spawn there after. The difference with using this staff is that you must start the run as soon as the shot kills the horde otherwise you will be downed nearly instantly by the zombies that are spawning.

My friend used the Ice staff and I used the wind staff taking it in turns to shoot the zombies to conserve ammo. Even in the 70's the Ice staff had more than half the ammo left over at the end of a round and the Ice staff just under half. It wasn't until the early 80's when we started running into ammo problems because we would typically be left with just enough ammo at the end of a round to kill around 5 hordes of zombies to see if they drop a max ammo. On round 81 we had no max ammo so we looped the zombies together and hit all the dig spots and used the tank to see if we could get a max ammo, we didn't so we used our first ammo out of the reward box.

We made it passed the next few rounds with no ammo worries because we got max ammo's from the normal zombies and one from the ancient zombies that power down the generators. On round 84 we just camped there until our ammo was gone and then got our last max ammo from the reward box, we then looped the zombies again until round 85. On round 85 we ended the game via the EE cutscene because it was 10 am and I had work at half 3 so I needed some sleep lol.

Sorry for the essay but, I aint good at explaining things in short sentences.

morv151190

I forgot to mention that every time the ancient zombies appear to power down the generators, if you already have full ammo you can complete a full round in the 70's in about 4 minutes and then part of the next round by just camping in that spot. By the time you use all the ammo they will be powering down the last 2 generators so you just gotta let them power those down so they drop the max ammo.

boybad

we still  set up the staffs and completed the EE etc. We used the staffs till round 60 before using the maxis drone for the first time

Using maxi outside of crazy place kills this strategy, completely useless, the whole point is to avoid wasting time on EE and train well run around the crazy place while drone does the work, they die as soon as they spawn, you dont have time to build a train until maxi brakes... how exactly did you finish the EE and applied this strategy?

morv151190

We didn't use your strategy in the crazy place because we would have started the cutscene lol. We just looped the zombies where we were training and made an attempt at counting how many zombies the maxis drone killed, It was certainly too crazy behind the Tank station to safely use the Maxis drone there as a strategy but we managed to survive it and count the zombies it killed once in the late 60's then again in the 70's and then in the 80's.

We didn't set out in the game to use your strategy, during the game I remembered the thread in which you told me that the Maxis drone could kill a lot of zombies in the higher rounds so because we couldn't try it in the Crazy place, we tried it where we were training  as the spawns are relatively close to each other. Im pretty sure your strategy is very sound  and fast but by testing to the effectiveness of the maxis drone after round 80, we realized that it wouldn't be practical to use it to speed up our game because we would have to  upgrade the staffs anyway before round 80 to beat our record in the future. .

boybad

We didn't set out in the game to use your strategy

You can not use drone strategy outside the Crazy Place, it is simply too slow and impossible to keep the drone still, in one place. In the Crazy Place without EE complete or should i say without touching the staff crystals, a player needs to run in the middle releasing the drone, so the drone is always in the middle of the room, they spawn very fast here and drone is very good at killing them no matter the round, in a team game others will have to camp or ditch zombies so they spawn faster for the player running the drone in the Crazy Place.

we realized that it wouldn't be practical to use it to speed up our game because we would have to  upgrade the staffs anyway before round 80 to beat our record in the future. .

You can not use this strategy if you build the staffs.

morv151190

I know you can't use your drone strategy with the staff built and EE complete, I said we didn't use the strategy. I was just pointing out that we tested the killing capability of the Maxis Drone and that It was too weak in the 80's killing only 5 zombies out of a horde, it does less damage and It doesn't matter where on the map you use the Maxis Drone it still does the same damage to the zombies. Even the Crazy place it will become too slow, almost the same pace as the Jetgun strategy on Tranzit so it wouldn't save us time in the long run.

The staffs would have had to have been built at some point in the 70's for us to use the drone strategy and Im pretty sure that it would be impossible or very difficult and time consuming to upgrade the staffs in this stage of the game. No strategy past 80 is going to give us fast rounds but at least with the staffs we were killing 30-40 zombies about every 30 seconds with each shot and we did not encounter too many problems with ammo. We did not have to take our last max ammo out of the reward box when we did, we could have gone further if we'd have had more time but we hit our target of 85 and we were happy to leave it there for now.

boybad

I was just pointing out that we tested the killing capability of the Maxis Drone and that It was too weak in the 80's killing only 5 zombies out of a horde

The same will happen if you test in in round 20, the test should be done in the crazy place without staffs.

I dont know how to explain this but the drone follows you so running around the map is not an option to apply drone strategy.

morv151190

I know we can't build the staffs if we use your strategy, I meant that if we used your strategy in the beginning of the game then we would then have to build the staffs and upgrade the staffs later in the game once the Drone gets weaker but as I said in one of the other comments, it just would not be practical building and attempting to upgrade them in the 70's because it would take far longer upgrading the staffs on those rounds as you wouldn't be able to kill zombies quick enough in order to upgrade them.

boybad

it just would not be practical building and attempting to upgrade them in the 70's

Which part of you can not use staffs for this strategy dont you understand? ever! not in 70's not in 80's not in 100's.

Running trains around the map is a weak and poor strategy compared to trap strategies, on any map.

THE END

morv151190

Like I said two or three times now I know you can't use the staffs for your strategy, where in any post have I said that you can? I was stating that because the drone doesn't kill the zombies as effectively after round 80 making the strategy become too slow, the only way to kill zombies effectively at that point in the game is to train using the staffs which would not be built due to the drone strategy, it would be very hard and time consuming or perhaps impossible to build them that late into the game so you would have to grind on with the drone strategy killing around 5 zombies per drone or train and kill the zombies using a robots foot as a trap.

When did I say we ran across the map?The crazy place may be the easiest place to keep the zombies in a circle but it aint the only place where the Maxis drone can kill zombies.If you get a group of zombies tight together anywhere on the map before releasing the Maxis drone it will kill that whole group of zombies just as good as in the crazy place but of course once that group dies you would have to run away from the spawning zombies. The fact is the group of zombies we had together when we tried it on 80 didn't die which shows the Maxis drone does not cause infinite damage to the zombies unlike other traps on different maps.Fair enough you don't believe me as I haven't provided any proof but I am sure if you ever get that high on Origins you will find out for yourself.

I wouldn't usually argue against using a trap strategy to get to 100+, I got to 85 MOTD and 80 Buried using traps on 2 player, I would have used the crazy place strategy myself to avoid ammo issues in Origins but after we found out the drone became in ineffective. The world record unless I am mistaken sits at round 123 by Bigben0232 using the staffs and Bestzo got 122 using the same strategy as we did but in solo, these rounds would have been beaten easily by now using your strategy if the maxis drone was effective on any round like you think it is.

jaysta5792

Explain to me why you can't build the staffs in order to use the maxis drone in the crazy place? Is it because of the time you have to waste on the ee? Otherwise, I don't see the restriction.

Jugg3naut510

Run around the map like a ******* idiot and blast Zombies

Psychobilly_X

Exactly what he said!!! I'd be lost if I listened to half of what most of them said on here already! But the only thing I seen worth mentioning is using the Robot to smash some. Get the MP40 and spray them to build points which after you have all your perks and everything open is useless. But if you just want to build on points do exactly what him and I said simple as! Yes it's time consuming but hey if you're wanting high rounds time shouldn't be a problem!!!