14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 5:14 AM by cMc_Dominator RSS

Why is ClanWars #6 starting Wed, Jan 29th? Why?????

the wrestler

I hope I am wrong on this, but according to Beachhead Studio's Twitter feed, they have announced a Wed Jan 29th start,

This is, imho, beyond stupid. Do the people at Beachhead even talk to the people at Infinity Ward? Let's see. We have a DLC drop scheduled for January 28th, which is going to be a huge draw for existing players. You paid you extra money, so you are going to want to play the new maps. But then a day later, Beachhead, in their infinite wisdom, decides to start their ClanWar a day later at  3pmET on Wednesday.

Why is this dumb?

One. We have already had TWO Clan Wars this month. One that started New Years Day (which was equally dumb), and then one that started Jan 15th. A simple look at the calender would have shown Beachhead that they didn't need to do the CW this week, there are FIVE weeks on the calender this month. Do the Beachhead people even look at calenders? They could have still maintained their two CW's a month schedule by putting CW's #6 and #7 in February, where they belong. Feb 5th and Feb 19th. Done. Nice and simple and still maintained their pace and schedule. What's the hurry?

Two. By putting a contest the day after a DLC, you are creating a HUGE conflict of interest. It's tough enough to get people to play these ridiculously long, grinding Clan Wars, asking people to play 5 to 10 hours a day for five days. But now we are going to have to rally clan mates to do so, right after a DLC drop. Right after these very same clan-mates just dropped $15 for a product from IW, that they will feel compelled to use. If you pay for something, you are going to want to use it.

I can see this a mile away.

ClanLeader - "hey, clan member joeblow, we need your help playing ClanWars, come on, help out!!!!

Joeblow - "Bro, I just paid $15 for these maps, i want to play the maps now"

....take that by probably almost all the people in one's clan. That is going to be the typical response. And you know what? I don't blame them. Pay $15 for some overpriced maps, damn right people are going to want to play them now, rather than wait a week. And before someone lectures me about how one can do CW's and also do the DLC, ...no. That won't work. Typical DLC content drops don't have the ability to access all ten game modes, when you need to do them (like how CW's work). So the two won't mix very well at all. Furthermore....in a game (clan wars) where speed is crucial to winning, you don't want to be messing on new maps. Not to mention, what if some clan members don't  have the DLC or even have it downloaded yet? This is just epic stupidity.

[Removed by Moderator]

Seriously, someone at Activision should fire these people.

• Re: Why is ClanWars #6 starting Wed, Jan 29th? Why?????
    Sledgehammer23248

i agree.  and you and i are not the only 2.  they need to start releasing info in bulk because you can't do it on a message in twitter.  i can't believe they did it this week also.  i usually take the monday and tuesday off from playing so that i rest up before the long hours of playing during a clan war, but now i want to play the new maps.

cybizzorg

Will the new maps not be incorporated into the playlists for clan wars?  And since it's really only XBOX suffering..  still not the majority of people... ya know?

the wrestler

Most DLC drops work this way. They will sometimes work the new maps right into the general rotation. And they also have a dedicated playlist for the DCL maps. Like a playlist that has TDM and 'Objective' games. You can't really control what objective games come up.

Either way makes it difficult for Xbox clans. Some people will have the DLC downloaded. Some won't. Some people won't have paid for it, and some will. It can and will split up groups, making things difficult. And seeing how there is only like 24 hours to get this figured out, that makes it even more silly. Again, just wait a week. Give people time to sort through the DLC maps.

maccabi

so tuesday play new maps.

wed onwards play new maps in whatever game mode you are playing for in clan wars..

where is the issue exactly?

if you want to make a case for a clan war so soon after a dlc drop is going to split clans up on xbl to those with and without dlc  then you have a point

Foxhound-Pro

Removed some content from your post. Profanity and lewd discussion will not be tolerated. Present your opinions without it.

Please review our Community Etiquette & Guidelines.

Chief Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

the wrestler

Do you know what is also offensive Mr Moderator Foxhound

Beachhead scheduling a clan war on SUPER BOWL WEEKEND.

yeah, in addition to everything else I said up there, those people at Beachhead not even having enough common sense to realize that this weekend is THE biggest party/get together weekend of the year.(at least in the US)

Come on, who does this?

Foxhound-Pro

the wrestler wrote:

yeah, in addition to everything else I said up there, those people at Beachhead not even having enough common sense to realize that this weekend is THE biggest party/get together weekend of the year.(at least in the US)

Come on, who does this?

I understand frustration, but your behavior is currently unacceptable. Please be mature while posting.

BurnsTheMail

So 3% of the clan war (4 hours / 120 hours, in case you are struggling with the math) is overlapping with the super bowl and you get this upset?  Sad.

Please see my post below and take option 3.

maccabi

the wrestler wrote:

Come on, who does this?

Some who isn't as short sighted as to think only Americans play in clan wars maybe?

its super bowl weekend? cool absolutely no interest in it at all. but im pretty sure even with my limited understanding of the superbowl (its a yearly event to show off adverts that cost a fortune right?) is it is one day and actually only a few hours of said day.. clan wars is 5 days

cMc_Dominator

but i don't care about superbowl, why should i suffer? i also don't play on xbox, why should i suffer for that too, i'm fine with having a clan wars this weekend as i'm sure a lot of people are.

LifeSong1

I understand your argument regarding the DLC launching the day before. As long as the maps are integrated, I don't see this as a huge issue though it will definitely affect some clans and some groups but for the most part will have a minor impact IMO.

As for the 2 per month deal, they have never setup a regular schedule.  At this point they are doing every other week starting on Wed and going to Monday. That's exactly what they did. You asked if they looked at a calendar? The answer is yes...they did exactly what they had been doing. They never said 2 per month yet they never said every 2 weeks. This is because they haven't set a set schedule yet.  It can vary with every war just like the rules for almost every war have been different too.

BurnsTheMail

I see three solutions for you:

1.) Play clan wars and don't buy the maps if you can't handle too much excitement in one week.

2.) Buy the maps and don't participate in clan wars if you can't handle too much excitement for one week.

3.) STFU and stop complaining.

I vote for 3.

Izjar11

Seriously, someone at Activision should fire these people.

Though you post seems to bring up some decent points, to ask for this is beyond normalcy and you should rewrite what you say.