12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2013 10:53 AM by mwfan55 RSS

Random points in clan wars?

linkdog

I was facing a clan and we were ahead with 111CP vs. their 99. They didn't seem to play at all the last day, however they went up to 103 points then up to 107 CP! They didn't capture anything and only held one node, domination. They only had the 50points needed to capture it as well. Have you had any experience with getting a few points for no apparent reason?

• Re: Random points in clan wars?
    ProlificMF

on the app it says that they have added in the feature of earning capture points for holding onto nodes. im still not sure how it works, weither you gets points after a certain amount of time with a captured node or what.

MuzLe

I think you receive points every 12 hours for the nodes that you are currently holding. So that is where the extra points came from!

OUHATEME

iif you hold a node for 24 hours it awarded 4 cp for holding it.

codblackice

Is there a link or statement you can provide backing this up? I'm sure we all would like to use it as a reference.

OUHATEME wrote:

-Ice

iLlCrUnK

Here, it was in the ghosts news...

Call of Duty® Clan Wars – Oahu

maccabi

codblackice wrote:

Is there a link or statement you can provide backing this up? I'm sure we all would like to use it as a reference.

OUHATEME wrote:

-Ice

tis true - source beachhead announced cp for holding nodes but didnt say how much. observations we made backs up the 4 cp per 24 hrs as we got the ame

codblackice

maccabi wrote:

codblackice wrote:

OUHATEME wrote:

-Ice

tis true - source beachhead announced cp for holding nodes but didnt say how much. observations we made backs up the 4 cp per 24 hrs as we got the ame

My point is it's an observation. Nothing in that news feed specifically mentioned you'll receive 4 cp for every node held for 24 hours. What if that changes? Then you'll have a post that says, "I was suppose to get 4 cp but didn't".

I've always find it best to "get it in writing" verses coming to my own conclusion. Now if they do come out and say, "yes, it will be 4 cp for every node held for 24 hours" i'm fine with that.

-Ice

TL_Bare_B_V2

codblackice wrote:

maccabi wrote:

codblackice wrote:

OUHATEME wrote:

-Ice

My point is it's an observation. Nothing in that news feed specifically mentioned you'll receive 4 cp for every node held for 24 hours. What if that changes? Then you'll have a post that says, "I was suppose to get 4 cp but didn't".

I've always find it best to "get it in writing" verses coming to my own conclusion. Now if they do come out and say, "yes, it will be 4 cp for every node held for 24 hours" i'm fine with that.

-Ice

But Beachhead won't tell us how scoring works, they want us to work it out for ourselves

nightwalker2114

So do you think it's smarter to hold on to the node or lose it and gain it back?

iLlCrUnK

More points, better chance of winning the clan war.  So I recommend:

first day, your clan should blitz and rush the nodes  (as many as you can, one after the other) win them first if possible.  Don't waste time on longer nodes...ie, 100 or 50 wins (unless you can have multiple parties to divide and conquer at the same time).  Then balance between stopping other clans from taking over the node, or just let them take it and once you are down to zero, blitz it right back and take it before they do (do this with game modes you are comfortable with).  Everytime you retake a node you score (but the points decrease everytime is switches possession).

mwfan55

nightwalker2114 wrote:

So do you think it's smarter to hold on to the node or lose it and gain it back?

1- the first territory you cap must be the one with the highest capture points.

- capture points are determined by the percentage of xp awarded for that territory. It is half of what the percentage is. 

- example: S&D was 40% which means if you cap it you will gain 20 capture points.

2- you have a second team go for the easy modes such as Cranked. If possible a 3rd team on Hunted, KC, or HCTDM.

3- when the second and third team finish capping. They all hit the first Territory S&D and help the first team out.

4- you then move on to your next territory

5- do not waste time protecting anything. You want it to be capped ( better yet dropped down to zero ) Then cap it back. By doing that you are dropping the point value down for each territory. Every time it is capped the value drops down by 1.

6- you have to make a descsion based on how active other clans are in your division concerning #5. If not much activity recap as soon as it drops to zero. If activity then cap something that hasn't been capped. Stay away from TDM and DOM.

7- you only get 4 cap points every 24 hours for holding a teritory. Not worth it. You will get more for capping a new one or recapping specially in the beginning.

Beachhead will explain the whole point system for the next clan war and the 24 hour bonus will be documented as well.