1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 89 Replies Latest reply: Dec 4, 2013 3:29 PM by starbuckfrack Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Would Having Longer To Work On A Release Make The Game Better?
    starbuckfrack

I never said they didnt drop the ball. They have dropped the ball. Welcome to reality. About a year and a half ago Sony majorly dropped the ball but look. Their PS4 still outsold the ONE.

I just disagree with the fact that regardless if it was new code or old code the game STILL will have been hacked. As far as any of us know the "new hacks" could have been worse.

Also your assumption regardless is still off base because you havent seen any of their code or worked with them on the project.

You are just like me. An outsider looking in. Doesnt matter if we were programmers for 10 years we still have no idea whats going on on the inside.

This isnt the first major mistake that IW made . Yet what are we still doing ? Blaming the developer because we made the choice to reach in our wallet to buy the game. At least the smart ones decided to hold off on buying the game, or hold off on buying the Xbox ONE, etc.

They keep releasing the same old game with the same old code. But ME ? I blame myself . You blame the developers for you making a choice to buy another game with the same old code.

All games and software can be hacked its a fact of life. You want to blame someone try blaming the ones doing the hacking. The devs did not decide to make code that can be hacked, because there is no such thing EVER of hack free code. Blame the people actually going out of their way doing the hacking. That is the only ones you can stop.

• 41. Re: Would Having Longer To Work On A Release Make The Game Better?
    starbuckfrack

Lets put it this way.

If a wine company is out there selling wine to all its distributors. And lets say you have a daughter that fakes her ID and gets drunk off that wine at 15 years old.

Who are you going to get mad at ? The people that make the wine or your daughter ?

• 42. Re: Would Having Longer To Work On A Release Make The Game Better?
    nicedrewishfela

That being said...

If that wine company had people slipping Anti-freeze into their bottles and making people sick... don't you think they should look into that and take any steps necessary to prevent and stop it from happening?

All games/software can be hacked. But I do think it is on the Devs to nip it in the bud as soon as possible and to come down with the harshest punishments possible on the violators.

• 43. Re: Would Having Longer To Work On A Release Make The Game Better?
    rankismet

SitRepPro wrote:

rankismet wrote:

Gremlin04 wrote:

Why have Infinity Ward carried on using the same engine and coding since COD4? When, what has become Respawn Entertainment, quit, got fired, left did they not create a different engine/coding. Why didn't Activision allow them time to develop a newer better improved COD since MW2? Would this not have helped against the HACKERS? Would this not have been a big change that everyone wants?

Remember people this would not have cured lag and not everyone would be pleased with the results, but wouldn't a clean slate be good? Is Infinity Ward/Tryarch just under huge pressure by Activision and the public to produce quick easy rehashed games?

What would you all have liked Infinity Ward to have done differently over these last 2 releases (MW3/GHOSTS). Would one release have been better so they had more time to develop a more rounded solid game?

Just a random thought I had, as Titan Fall is out soon and Respawn have been developing it for quite some time.

Wow... a lot of hyperbole and rose colored glasses in one post.

• Ghosts is not using the "same" engine as COD4.
    • Perhaps you don't remember MW2 being hacked (I know I do).

More dev time doesn't always equal perfection just as less dev time doesn't equal disaster.

More time might just make us wait longer for a an imperfect game...

... in fact, it would.

It's still severely modified from the old Quake 3 Arena engine (id Tech).  There is no set definition on what defines a game engine so you can use marketing techniques to please gamers with a "brand new" game engine by enumerating the game engine with a new release so gamers think it's brand new and shiny.  Battlefield is a case in point with Frostbite.  They have updated the game engien but felt the need to update its version number.  They have had game engine changes in the past though, when they used the Refractor game engine.  There is no way that DICE would have made a brand new game engine (i.e. from the ground up from scratch) in a two year life span whilst working on another game to create.  That's why it's taking years for the new Unreal Engine to come out (approaching five, if not six) and you will see most games get a license to use other people's because of how costly and timely they take to create.  I'm sure you have noticed how frequently games have used Unreal Engine 3 when loading a game up.

Yep. Totally agree.

Brand new? Nope.

Modified? Yep.

Same as COD 4? No way.

Only thing I would add is Ghosts even runs different engines on current versus next gen. They've added some tools to next gen that current gen cannot handle.

• 44. Re: Would Having Longer To Work On A Release Make The Game Better?
    starbuckfrack

This reply was not posted to nicedrewish . I misread who posted the above poster and THOUGHT I was posting to the OP when I wasnt , but still think the points in this post matter.

well you have (BIG estimate ) at least ten percent of the gamers who got in that modded lobby. So should ALL the players who played in that game be banned ? Microsoft bans all players who particpate in modded lobbies using those infections.

I have yet in 5 years of playing COD and playing the same gametypes as other have still YET to have fallen into a modded lobby. So in my veiw every single person that fell in a modded lobby should be banned . But that isnt a topic that should be posted on this forum as it breeds hostility. Again we are on the outside looking in.

so far they havent done any banning yet so how can you tell if they arent doing anything. Besides that isnt the point of your topic. The point of your topic is should they have waited to release the game , and THAT point was already disproven not to work.

So now that leaves the subject where you mention coding.....

As far as nipping it in the bud thats true they should. But in a real world scenario that isnt going to happen. The procedure to patch a game takes up to 5 weeks. see reply below.

Even though the webpage is old it still has to go thru the same LONG procedure. This isnt something that can be fixed with a hotfix.

So how do you know if they havent already made a patch and are waiting for MS to approve it ? Again you are on the outside looking in.

EDITED They dont have developers purposefully "slipping antifreeze" into the game code. The code is just there waiting for someone to abuse it.

So should they just never release another video game out there because hackers abuse the code ?

• 45. Re: Would Having Longer To Work On A Release Make The Game Better?
    SitRepPro

The core game play is probably the same as in COD4 but if you change the core game play is it still the same game?  I do see people using COD as a punching bag for releasing rehashes of COD4 but very, very few series do divert hugely.  I've seen Civilization V as an example but I've never played it.  It's funny being on the receiving end of criticism on buying rehashes of COD myself from FIFA fanboys though.  At least I can still play the older COD titles online.  They are forced to buy a new game due to its 2 year online lifespan, same with all other EA sport titles.

• 47. Re: Would Having Longer To Work On A Release Make The Game Better?
    nicedrewishfela

No, Not developers, was referring to nefarious types doing so.

• 48. Re: Would Having Longer To Work On A Release Make The Game Better?
    starbuckfrack

I changed some of my post above cause I noticed it was you at the last minute . But the nipping in the bud issue was why I still kept most of it. I wrongly assume the OP was replying to me so changed that portion of my post . Sorry all

As far as we know a few days ago they could have said "screw the Xbox 360 no more games on it and no more money spent on it." You know the back of the box stuff. Then we have to consider it a write off.

I honestly think they are working on it just has to have it spread out more because "the boss just bought a new vacuum and its broke already"

• 49. Re: Would Having Longer To Work On A Release Make The Game Better?
    rankismet

SitRepPro wrote:

The core game play is probably the same as in COD4 but if you change the core game play is it still the same game?  I do see people using COD as a punching bag for releasing rehashes of COD4 but very, very few series do divert hugely.  I've seen Civilization V as an example but I've never played it.  It's funny being on the receiving end of criticism on buying rehashes of COD myself from FIFA fanboys though.  At least I can still play the older COD titles online. They are forced to buy a new game due to its 2 year online lifespan, same with all other EA sport titles.

Yeah... the downside of the dedicated servers so many are clamoring for.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next