17 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2013 2:56 PM by starbuckfrack RSS

Invisible People

ItsTrue13

Why are so many people using invisible hacks is hacking that easy? Yesterday was the first day I played ghosts more than 20 minutes a day(trying to get the red camo for the honey badger).After I got the camo I started playing SnD and like 3 games somebody was invisible.One game the person who was invisible was helping the other team by giving away our teams postion and not defusing the bomb when he was last alive.

Anybody eles have games with invisible people ?

• Re: Invisible People
    alliklgo

S&R was full of groups of cheaters last night, really annoying.  I have the games recorded but all the posts & Youtube videos that display these actions receive a request from Activision?  to take them down and then links removed. 

Activision says to use In-Game Complaints but do they really go after them?

Avoiding the player through the feedback system is overlooked because 'Matchmaking' will just group you against them again.  I kept getting the same groups last night... they do ruin Clan Wars / the game.

Ollie_Dawg

Have come across quite a few people in Search with all perks and invisible. I used the in-game reporting but hopefully they can patch it soon - makes the game unplayable.

Colin_Oscapee

I was already getting sick of COD games being so overrun by hackers and cheats but decided to give it one last go with Ghosts. I've never seen a game so unbelievably unplayable due to the amount of hackers, especially so soon after release. Last night I was in a game where 2 players were invisible and had all perks unlocked. I am done with the COD franchise unless they do something about the hackers. Complaining about them in game is pointless because no action is taken. To make things worse, now that next gen consoles are out the 360 version is pretty much valueless for trade in so it looks like £40 I may as well have  set on fire because I won't be playing this game again!

appledaniel

They wont do a thing!!  and im with you, im out!  and i hope everyone wakes up and gets tired of this crap and leaves also!,  seriously how many times do honest legit gamers need to be crapped on before we wake up and stop this.  This is a complete joke,

r33k

yes, hardcore dom on seige. guy only using a knife. whole lobby reported him. this feels like w@w all over again

MissHighV0ltage

I expected Black Ops: 2 to become overrun with hackers and modders just like all the C.O.D's before it. Not the brand new £40+ Season pass Ghosts!!

appledaniel

yes i ran into it alot!,  its happening alot cause of clan wars, whenever there is a highly competitive mode or contest, this happens! It not acceptable!!!  i lost clan wars cause of this! it was all over hc search and rescue last night.  im done trying to win, only to lose to hackers and cheaters, and if i see it in game more, then im taking this game back.  im very tired of being a honest legit gamer and getting  crapped on.  NOWAY am i giving my time to a game that doesnt give a crap about honest gamers or dealing with cheaters.  im so done with cod and the pathetic cheating community that plays it. bye

ejc5110

Hate how we are expected to respect forum rules but people who violate the game rules with hacks are not allowed to be named and shamed

deamonomic

everyone needs to just use the report system in game. And for those mistakenly thinking that nothing is being done I have questions for you.

one: how do you fix these issues? unless you know how, you cannot say how difficult or how long it will take to fix these issues.

two: How many reports of cheaters do you think they have to deal with per day? tens? hundreds? thousands? hundred thousands? millions? tens of millions? How long do you suppose it takes to sift through all those reports and to verify them? How many false reports do they have to go through before finding real ones?

I keep seeing people saying that they are doing nothing and thats complete bull. they dont want cheaters around anymore then we do. But the thing is that they are overwhelmed with reports. and they have to be sure before taking action because if they didnt, half the people currently complaining would have already been banned due to a false report.

Now ask anyone on my friends list and they will tell you I do not tolerate cheating or glitching or exploiting from any of them whether it be extinction or MP. Cheating is pathetic and pointless, if you win with a cheat, you didnt win anything, the cheat did. I hate cheaters with a passion, but at the same time, I understand that dealing with this situation is not as simple as some think. Finding a fix for this problem that does not create new problems in its wake is not exactly an easy task, it will take time. Oh but they have already released a few patches.. so what? should they stop fixing anything at all until they find a viable way to stop these hacks? or should they continue to fix what they can when they can?

Patience and understanding is something the gaming community has lost.

r33k

counterpoint:

it is shared knowledge on internet forums and sometimes on youtube, how to hack this and previous COD titles. this is why there is a prevalence of people doing it. if one where smart enough, all they had to know is what is being changed and counter it. not withstanding, would be someone countering that fix. but its something.

deamonomic

r33k wrote:

counterpoint:

it is shared knowledge on internet forums and sometimes on youtube, how to hack this and previous COD titles. this is why there is a prevalence of people doing it. if one where smart enough, all they had to know is what is being changed and counter it. not withstanding, would be someone countering that fix. but its something.

and can you make your counterfix without creating new problems? are you sure your not making things worse? Like I said, it takes time to find the appropriate fix

r33k

im not advocating that its easy. im simply saying that the hack is common knowledge. therefor the road is clearly marked. there is no troubleshooting needed to identify what areas are of concern. its not some unknown. its just code. old code thats been around forever. trust me, i work in a support environment, i see break/fix all the time. every day. i know how fast problems can be identified and fixed. much faster than activision. by far.

starbuckfrack

Sorry but game coding is not that simple. One minor change in the game code can have disastrous effects. You cant just wipe it with a cloth and be done with it.

Every time a game is hacked the forums are full of people crying "hackers are everywhere". Well you got many ways to combat it. One way is to wait and just not play. There are MANY other games out there. XBL has been out there for at least 9 years, I am sure you own at least one other game.

Say there is a large amount of robberies in your area. It takes TIME to catch those doing it. But in the mean time what is the best thing for YOU to do ? Take precautions and not go out, change your habits, lock yourself in your room, whatever. Then let the people who take care of these problems take care of it.

Sure you have a right to go outside, just like you have a right to play this game. But if you dont take precautions to protect yourself then dont complain you just got robbed.

You also have to consider that NOW the Xbox 360 has become the red headed step child, so dont expect miracles.

And BTW Microsoft still has to approve the fix before they can release it. So they cant just go and "fix it". Some game fixes can take up to 5 weeks before released.

starbuckfrack

Here is a link to how the process is usually done....

COD: Black Ops - Patching Process

r33k

you last sentence sums it up.

because with the proper man power, anything can be done. everything else is an excuse. i cant imagine what my customers would think if my company didn't roll out a hotfix for a fundamentally flawed issue in our software(enterprise disaster recovery product from a major vendor). we would be dropped very fast.

but it is not the case in this arena for various other reasons im sure.

so we will see the slow demise of the COD franchise because people will find it unacceptable that the product they by is not properly thought out. this just makes the company look like a joke when it cannot properly learn from past mistakes and create new software that has revisions to remove old issues. instead it is just a mask on a tired old face.

starbuckfrack

I changed my post. But SOMEWHERE on this forum, yesterday I think, I made a really good post that honestly sums it up.

Look here down at "well you look at it this way"

The specified item was not found.

WE are to blame. If WE didnt buy their product then we wouldnt have to worry about hackers.

IW failed miserably about 4 years ago yet here we are still buying their product.

starbuckfrack

Oh and customers buy fundamentally flawed products everyday. And they still keep buying them.

Give you an example. The perfect binder that Fedex bought from this manufacturer breaks down at least once a week. More like every other day. 15 years later they still are leasing the same machine, it still breaks down .

give you another example. The PSN servers and customers credit cards got hacked. PSN was down for a month and Sony didnt tell customers that their credit card accounts had been accessed for almost a month after that. Yet the PS4 still outsold the ONE.