10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2013 7:41 AM by LifeSong1 RSS

Call of Duty App for xbox?

PeekaBooM

Will there be an app release for the xbox 360? I find it distressing that its only on ios, windows, ipad bla bla bla it's not fair, not everyone can afford that ****. Not even a website for it and why? none of my clan members have the overpriced resources to get the app. I would just like to know IF and WHEN this issue will be solved... I mean come on whos stupid idea was this? do you think were all rich with fancy pants technology? NO. not in this day & age im afraid.

• Re: Call of Duty App for xbox?
    reaperwarchild

Preach on Brotha .

Cheese_Please

100% agree if your going to ditch the website at least make an app on the system

shadowdragon1429

Call of Duty ELITE had many problems but at least it gave people an actual website to see what is going on with their clan. I have to give my login information to a friend in order to do anything with my clan on Ghost since no one in the clan has a phone that works with the app. I didn't realize it was so hard to make a website that everyone can use.

LifeSong1

100% agree. No word on any other development such as Console apps or a website but I hope they do one or the other (a website covers both with less development so I hope they go that route).

Regarding a Website and Elite - See #6 and #6a - http://community.callofduty.com/message/414852149

I started another thread as well that lists a variety of things we need as clan leaders and the first one is a website: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200795471

PeekaBooM

You would expect them to answer these questions in the forums but sadly they cant see through the money signs in there eyes, I would never give someone with the app my info for it because who can you trust? It's just yet another inconvenience that nobody gets an answer for. I believe it's just a marketing scheme so people go out and buy an iphone, windows or whatever, their companys probably worth 100's of millions and there still money hungry...hopefully the fool that arranged this monkey ass idea loses his job. The app even has so many faults with it...then again there online servers are just as bad, if only treyarch tought them a thing or two about decent dedicated servers.... rant over.

JohnnySidwell

i really think they should make this app, i dont have an iphone or anything but i also want to use the features of the app on my xbox

Mess1ahBrowny

I dont have a phone either.so please make an app for xbox please

LifeSong1

I know some of you would prefer an app on the consoles vs a website, but a website meets almost 100% of the users where a console app only meets the console players and they would also have to make a PC app that isn't just compatible with Win 8.1.   3 (potentially 5 if next gen app development is different) platforms as opposed to one website. I think if they are going to do any of these it needs to be a website as that is where they will reach almost all of their members.

daniel09

i hope they do an xbox 360 app like elite too because i dont have andriods or iphone or even a laptop soo would make it easier for a lot of people if there was apps on all the consoles

LifeSong1

I'd rather they develop a website and leave it at that and the mobile apps.  They already have Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Windows apps to develop. Adding in a Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PC, and a website seems like too much for Beachhead to handle. I think a website will meet 99% of the people out there as everyone can easily get access to a browser.  No need to write all these different apps on every possible device (let's not forget about the Blackberry users out there) but instead focus on one of the mediums that will meet the most people and that is a website.