1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 72 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 6:24 PM by Hotpants22 Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    deamonomic

some would disagree with that XD tho I do try to be open it often doesnt seem that way lol I often come across as pompous and arrogant without really meaning to

Back in black ops 2 I was on the forums and I kept seeing some outrageous claims about how the condition of the connections were. So I looked into what I could, I checked out many youtube videos claiming to have caught the issue in their gameplay and heres what I have noticed. In reality, the connection has not truly gotten any worse. Thats not to say some people dont have it bad, but most are misinterpreting what happened. That and Kill cams and theater mode are not accurate, but so many players dont realize that they are simply wrong, they watch a kill cam and see a dude killing them with one bullet and assume lag or other issue. Its the same with the hate on snipers and accusations of having mods, most can be traced back to the kill cam leading them to believe thats whats going on when its not.

I took down dozens of youtube videos that said there was an issue, but when I took the time to look (several hours per video atleast) It was no where near what they were claiming had happened, there was some lag but not the monster they claimed to be eating children in the night.

This is not to say anyone is making things up, but there are a number of things going on in the game that alot of players dont realize is affecting their judgment of how bad the lag issue really is. As an example, one player posted a video claiming it showed everything he had claimed, He said that in his first gunfight he landed 18 out of 25 shots. But when you actually take a closer look, he was only on target for 4 hits the rest were either near misses or completely no where near the target. But for some reason he had seen differently. This is a rather common occurrence, especially when dealing with near misses, players land 1 or 2 shots instead of the 4-5 the thought they did.

On the whole, its not that bad connection wise. The players who feel it the most are the ones with a 3 bar connection despite all the wild and unproven theories to the contrary.

Here is my giant thread on the subject for black ops 2 Black Ops 2 and The Illusion of Lag (rewritten again and new video 5/30/13)

• 61. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    Adeeez100

Okey dokey, to be honest all that technical razz a ma tazz ain't gona cut it with me to be honest. It seems as though the only time some people will truly realize the full extent of said issues, is when a dev, or even better, a full team of devs divulge such information.

I appreciate the fact that we "not just me and you, but gamers in general", will have different opinions on certain aspects of gaming, and for me at least that is a good thing, keeps things fresh and interesting.

Anyway's, you are bloomin kiddin yourself  "just kiddin", my attempt at humour, if you think something was amiss.

"Theatre", who knows?, might find out soon?.

• 62. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    deamonomic

Adeeez100 wrote:

Okey dokey, to be honest all that technical razz a ma tazz ain't gona cut it with me to be honest. It seems as though the only time some people will truly realize the full extent of said issues, is when a dev, or even better, a full team of devs divulge such information.

I appreciate the fact that we "not just me and you, but gamers in general", will have different opinions on certain aspects of gaming, and for me at least that is a good thing, keeps things fresh and interesting.

Anyway's, you are bloomin kiddin yourself  "just kiddin", my attempt at humour, if you think something was amiss.

"Theatre", who knows?, might find out soon?.

Ghosts theater will be just as inaccurate as the past ones have been. The developers have stated before that they know that Kill cams and theater dont truly represent what actually happened.

• 63. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    Adeeez100

Please don't take me as a gamer that thinks "kill cams", are a true representation, of anything really, and i also realize theatre does not truly interpret the game as an accurate copy.

• 64. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    deamonomic

Adeeez100 wrote:

Please don't take me as a gamer that thinks "kill cams", are a true representation, of anything really, and i also realize theatre does not truly interpret the game as an accurate copy.

k lol XD the game series since black ops 1 has received alot of unnecessary hate because of it.

• 65. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    nicedrewishfela

There is no Theater Mode in Ghosts.

• 66. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    Adeeez100

Exactly, but i also knew he was attempting to bait me, "kind of disappointed".

• 67. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    deamonomic

nicedrewishfela wrote:

There is no Theater Mode in Ghosts.

really? this is the first I have heard that. I guess its not needed since the next gens have a system lke that already in place

• 68. Re: Why so much hate for CoD: Ghosts?
    Adeeez100

Ok, if i'm honest i have heard snippits of info regarding that, would it be possible to get your knowledge regarding that?, if possible, cheers.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next