1 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next 139 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2013 11:12 PM by RunAndGun1 Go to original post RSS
  • 130. Re: My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design
    abelthywicked

RunAndGun1 (to scotland-rules) 6 hours ago

I disagree that any of the maps on W@W were too big. What I saw on the large maps were too many players on each team playing as snipers. And what do snipers do? Camp. That's the play style of snipers. Nothing wrong with it. But when half your team are snipers, the match will be really slow on a large map. It's not the map that's the problem, it's the players. I couldnt believe how many people played as snipers on BO2. Considering that 90% of the maps on BO2 were tiny, when I would see people spawn as snipers I was baffled. Of course, map design plays a big part as well. But, you can't deny the affect of half a team playing as snipers has on a match.

Camp? lol no snipers SNIPE! its the verb you moron, they don't camp, sitting in a building with a lmg or shotgun in a corner is camping, Snipers snipe, that's the freaking VERB, A sniper in real life doesnt go around trying to quickscope or constantly move around, no they sit in one spot, take and accurate measure of the distance, and wind speed, time their shot, and try to get that perfect shot that instant kills you, They are not meant to be moving around period.

Furthermore people who like to snipe and who are good at sniping will sniper on any map, its definitively harder but not impossible, and by making all of the maps small or medium sized the developers are encouraging a run and gun play style, and any obvious sniper nest, most snipers don't even like to use because they have like 4 entrances, and no cover from the occasional grenade,

Lastly your point of large maps meaning the entire team being snipers?! lol MW2 wasteland, huge obvious sniper map, yet after 1 or 2 good snipers take out the enemy teams snipers it usually comes down to barely 1/3 of either team is sniping, and using a m21 ebr like how most people sprayed with it is not sniping.

Sniping is sniping not camping, Map variety is important with large medium and small maps, because it shows the people who can change play styles or choose a harder play style for any map, and separates the skilled and the skill less.

• 131. Re: My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design
    Adam1234567893

I hope they stop catering to the garbage MLG and spawn exploiters and start making bigger maps again and they get rid of 3 laned maps as well make it where in order to get to a certain spot on the map you can get there anyway you want.

• 132. Re: My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design

There is no fast map.  Nuketown will almost always have a sniper picking from the backyard or in the house.  Its not a big map.  I went for shooting the feet under the bus for a while.  Just picked off the feet with a sub or assault.  It was pretty fun, but that map is so small, you get that urge to move and waste.  If that bus moves in ghosts because of the phsyics, its going to be pretty cool.  Now you have a bus blown in two

• 133. Re: My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design
    iivrruummii

You know that most maps since COD4 have been 3 laned maps?

I don't know what you have against MLG but it is a great organization that provides a community like ours to have a competition so good players can get paid to play games for a living.  They may have catered to them in BO2 but it was for a common goal to make the game better.  Which in my opinion BO2 was a MUCH better game than BO and MW3.

• 134. Re: My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design
    scotland-rules

abelthywicked wrote:

RunAndGun1 (to scotland-rules) 6 hours ago

I disagree that any of the maps on W@W were too big. What I saw on the large maps were too many players on each team playing as snipers. And what do snipers do? Camp. That's the play style of snipers. Nothing wrong with it. But when half your team are snipers, the match will be really slow on a large map. It's not the map that's the problem, it's the players. I couldnt believe how many people played as snipers on BO2. Considering that 90% of the maps on BO2 were tiny, when I would see people spawn as snipers I was baffled. Of course, map design plays a big part as well. But, you can't deny the affect of half a team playing as snipers has on a match.

Camp? lol no snipers SNIPE! its the verb you moron, they don't camp, sitting in a building with a lmg or shotgun in a corner is camping, Snipers snipe, that's the freaking VERB, A sniper in real life doesnt go around trying to quickscope or constantly move around, no they sit in one spot, take and accurate measure of the distance, and wind speed, time their shot, and try to get that perfect shot that instant kills you, They are not meant to be moving around period.

Furthermore people who like to snipe and who are good at sniping will sniper on any map, its definitively harder but not impossible, and by making all of the maps small or medium sized the developers are encouraging a run and gun play style, and any obvious sniper nest, most snipers don't even like to use because they have like 4 entrances, and no cover from the occasional grenade,

Lastly your point of large maps meaning the entire team being snipers?! lol MW2 wasteland, huge obvious sniper map, yet after 1 or 2 good snipers take out the enemy teams snipers it usually comes down to barely 1/3 of either team is sniping, and using a m21 ebr like how most people sprayed with it is not sniping.

Sniping is sniping not camping, Map variety is important with large medium and small maps, because it shows the people who can change play styles or choose a harder play style for any map, and separates the skilled and the skill less.

I think what RunAndGun1 was trying to say was that if you came up against a team of snipers who for the most part need to stay stationary for some parts of the match was that it can lead to the game being slow.

To be honest dude you need to chill, he used the word camp to describe a method of play which is being stationary and not moving. I myself try to avoid using the word camp and instead use other words but its a pretty well known word that many use in CoD.

• 135. Re: My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design
    scotland-rules

iivrruummii wrote:

You know that most maps since COD4 have been 3 laned maps?

I don't know what you have against MLG but it is a great organization that provides a community like ours to have a competition so good players can get paid to play games for a living.  They may have catered to them in BO2 but it was for a common goal to make the game better.  Which in my opinion BO2 was a MUCH better game than BO and MW3.

The major change though from the three lane map design was for some reason up until MW3 they pulled it off pretty successfully.

BO2 did a few things right but they need to understand catering the game to a small population of players who participate in MLG on a regular basis isn't a good thing when the vast majority do not participate in MLG.

• 136. Re: My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design
    KarlXII

The map you are talking about is called Brecourt and it is from the very first Call of Duty. It was however re-released in MW2 and called Wastelands.

And I agree, maps need more diversity that they have been. MW3 and BO2 is mainly just CQC-map, and even thought that may be nice occasionally, we don't need any more that 50 % of those maps! We need the types of maps, and the love from IW, we got from the first and second Call of Duty games. Exellent and balanced maps. My favourits are still Dawnville, Carentan and Harbor; whilst a map like Hurtgen and even Brecourt may never been seen again, due to all the silly console-players are to bad to actually be able to play any bigger maps.

• 137. Re: My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design
    trialstardragon

I have to disagree BO was better than BO2 in how it played.

• 139. Re: My biggest worry about CoD Ghosts: Map Design
    Adam1234567893

Yes I understand that three laned maps have been around for awhile but it's getting old and MLG have been declining lately it's not about competition anymore it's about putting forward the least amount of effort to make a quick effortless dime if they were about competition there would only be three perks to use and one of each gun type being used while playing only on a few maps. It would not be the way they play cause I bet if they took out the strong guns MLG players would go negative every time and if they fix the spawn system they would go negative every time competition isn't about rules and regulations that only benefit their play style which is spawn exploitation it's about being able to use anything and still win and they have the ability to adapt that's what a good player is. The MLG don't know how to adapt nor do they like challenges cause if they did they would support anything that hinders them to make it more challenging. I have nothing against the good MLG players but the ones who insist on making the game on easy mode for them are the ones I dislike and unfortunately majority of MLG are like this. Until I see them trying to even the playing field I will not support them the only good thing they did was nerf the KAP-40 and B23R.