1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 1:55 PM by abelthywicked Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: You better not screw up IW .... watch this
    r8edtripx

RandyIcon wrote:

And for the dude saying everything needs a counter, dead silence is a counter! It's there to counter sound whoring. If you think counters need counters, then give us something to counter amplify as well.

Great effing point!!

• 31. Re: You better not screw up IW .... watch this
    mdub

RandyIcon wrote:

If you think counters need counters, then give us something to counter amplify as well.

There is a counter...... just like Crouch Walk of Duty MW3.

I had high hopes for Search and Rescue.... that's going to be a dud now.

• 32. Re: You better not screw up IW .... watch this
    BBCTHUNDER

if you dont like something about the game dont by it period, if your crying about something already then your just a cry baby

• 33. Re: You better not screw up IW .... watch this
    abelthywicked

BBCTHUNDER (to IWiwIW) 4 minutes ago

if you dont like something about the game dont by it period, if your crying about something already then your just a cry baby

well, if there is something wrong with the government and we dont like it, do we just not pay taxes? no we try to change it to make it better, whether its old problems or old laws, Its not about not liking the game, or just to find fault in it,its about finding a fault and trying to get it fixed, its about progress, its trying to make a good game ( lets hope), and make it into a great game, and a good experience, if you don't mind I do believe that is a noble cause so you can just shut your trolling mouth

• 34. Re: You better not screw up IW .... watch this
    RandyIcon

Cool, this is an ample example of how these casual nerds play and view this game. Alternatively, the people who understand the ramifications of issues like this, are the ones that have bought the games for years and actually care about how the game plays. The people acting like there isn't going to be any OP, skill devoid, camping conducive bullshit don't care about this game and the things that made cod 4 a huge break out.

• 35. Re: You better not screw up IW .... watch this
    KTPhoenix

Those of us who have bought the game for years understand completely about the things that will happen in every new game. But there is 1 thing we all have come to accept, not every game is perfect. We learn to just deal with the SMALL things because it is not that big of a deal or game breaking.

Sitrep countering DS is NOT game breaking at all. If you noticed, which I doubt, NO ONE complained about the use of Sitrep until IW made it counter DS. And the counter to Sitrep is to just crouch walk like in MW3. There is no counter for crouch walking but then again, crouch walking doesnt involve a perk, therefore it is balanced.

And even if Sitrep didnt counter DS, people would still camp regardless. So getting all mad at us people who are "casual" because we seem like we dont care, wont get you anywhere. We think ahead and we understand that regardless of some situations, people will still do certain things that just piss us off. Since we understood that over the years, the little things havent bothered us as much.

So take your little temper tantrum somewhere else. You obviously havent played in this franchise long enough to grasp this kind of understanding and you are taking this game way too seriously. This game was made for us to have fun, but it becomes less fun when you sit there and b*tch all the time about something so trivial that the rest of us have come to learn to deal with and work around.

• 36. Re: You better not screw up IW .... watch this
    RandyIcon

What a nicely crafted response. However, there are still things wrong with what you're saying.

1. The supposed "counter" to sitrep and Amplify, as you say, is crouch walking. What you don't realize is that is exactly the problem. Having to crouch walk to avoid giving away your position slows the game way down. Not only can you not sprint, you can't even walk at the normal pace.

2. Yes, some people are "bad" and will camp regardless of the situation. However, not allowing a consistently silent DS makes sitting still or slow crouching so advantageous, even good players will be camping much more often, because there's much more incentive to do so due to the map awareness advantage.

So go ahead and admit that this will definitely incentivise camping. Oh, you got a little snarky at the end there, huh?

• 37. Re: You better not screw up IW .... watch this
    Project-VAG-DANO

You could just sprint anyway like most other people, having sitrep counter dead silence isnt the end of the game, people will still be able to move, but you sound as if you think any player in the history of ever will be using sitrep, in fact only a very small number of people will be using it at any given time.

Not everyone who camps is "bad" in fact if they consistently kill you, they're obviously better than you.

If someone is consistently corner camping in the same spot, instead of worrying about what advantage they've got because of sitrep you just try throwning some flashbangs in there, C4, grenades, tubes, jump shotting them, try a different route to suprise them, use teamwork to kill them, just a few examples there.

• 38. Re: You better not screw up IW .... watch this
    RandyIcon

You sure could just sprint, and that's exactly what I'll do. But this game is going to be rewarding skilless gameplay. It's simply just too boring to play that slowly, anyway.

I have to laugh at the hillarious dissonance you guys harbor. You tell me to shut up and deal with this aspect of the game (one which actually encourages slow play, btw), yet I see KTPhoenix has a thread on the front page we're he bashes like 8+ things he deems not worthy of his game. The kicker is half the **** he complains about requires skill to utilize well or is just not even a problem.

• 39. Re: You better not screw up IW .... watch this
    Project-VAG-DANO

Play something else then if cod will become too boring and slow for you, you could always try cranked (a mode dedicated to rushing)

How will it reward skilless gameplay? if you cant kill someone whos not moving, i fail to see how its the stationary person lacking in any skill

If you consistently get killed by someone camping in the same spot, then the only thing you can blame is yourself, theres plenty of options out there for you to remove said camper as i mentioned in my previous post.

The game will not slow down because the camper has 1 extra thing to help them out. It might slow your game down if your too busy worrying where a camper is and what perks they're using, but most other people will deal with SR and DS the same way they did in MW3, and that is probably the fastest of all the recent games.