1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: Sep 27, 2013 4:22 PM by Bielsalmighty Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: quit probation
    zingaa

Let me guess, you play hardcore dom with a sniper rifle and you position yourself across the map and your players are running in front of you?

Stop worrying about your stats and the game is much more fun

• 21. Re: quit probation
    Megadog14

If you kill teammates, thats your fault, not the games.

• 22. Re: quit probation
    phxs72

If you'd like to see some HC gameplays using high streaks including a few that used Sentry guns and didn't result in getting kicked for TKing, just click on the thread below:

http://community.activision.com/message/414669558#414669558

There are several examples in there for you to look at.  I myself have only gotten kicked from one HC game (not from streaks btw) in 31+ days of playtime.  I have never gotten probation for it.  So as much as you might protest, your issue really does have to do with your playstyle.  Some simple adjustments and you'll find that probation really isn't a problem.

• 23. Re: quit probation
    phxs72

If you want to just see a couple of examples, here are two of mine:

VTOL

Swarm - Note I did warn my teammates before calling in the swarm.

• 24. Re: quit probation
    starbuckfrack

I was cleaning it and it went off.

• 25. Re: quit probation
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

starbuckfrack wrote:

There is no rating in America that does not allow the kids to buy or play this game.

Technically (legally), you might be right.  But...

Do video game retailers support and enforce the ESRB rating system?

While the ESRB does not have the ability to enforce its ratings at the retail level, it does work closely with retailers and game centers to display information that explains to customers how the rating system works. Moreover, major retailers have established their own store policies requiring age verification for the sale or rental of M (Mature) and AO (Adults Only) rated games, and ESRB actively encourages and supports these efforts. The most recent mystery shop study conducted by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) found that national retailers enforced their store policies by refusing to sell M-rated video games to customers under the age of 17 87% of the time. The ESRB Retail Council (ERC) also conducts regular mystery shop audits and finds similarly high levels of compliance.  (empahsis added.) 

--http://www.esrb.org/ratings/faq.jsp#21

So, practically speaking (which is all that matters), in America kids are NOT allowed to buy the game. 

• 26. Re: quit probation
    Megadog14

But usually if its a younger kid then an adult is buying it.

• 27. Re: quit probation
    phxs72

Not too many young kids walking to their nearest game store to buy something without a parent.  So while the technicality of ESRB enforcement does exist, it's negated by circumstance.  And there is no law against parents allowing their children to play CoD in the US.  Therefore, despite other countries restrictions you will continue to find children online playing CoD.

• 28. Re: quit probation
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

phx is right.  At least here in LA kids must be accompanied by a parent for them to have any luck buying it at, for example, Gamestop or Best Buy. 

Problem is parents allowing their children to play the game, especially online and exposing them to all the foul adult idiots.   

• 29. Re: quit probation
    hairybubba1963

That's what she said