21 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2013 3:55 PM by Tattoo247 RSS

Zombie Clans...things are about to get easier.

USarmyvet

I'm tired of suffering the lobby randoms.....tired of the stupid 100 friend limit on Xbox.....tired of the lack of features for zombies fans....tired of trying to find good people to play with. I'm tired of choosing not to play when I really want to because the alternative is short crappy games with people I don't know and will never see again. There are very few choices for organizing a clan or group...I've seen many "ad hoc" attempts to piece together a clan and other that the truly dedicated....they are nothing more than a friends list.

I can't see going 14 months till the new release....without something better.

The options are

A) suffer and complain

B) move on

C) Try to do something

I decided to go with option C....

I'm launching 2 sites. One is already in the works (zombieclans.com) and the other, an elite zombie player site will shortly follow. The first site is being built on a development server and a few people will have access to test and debug. I won't hold back for all the features I want....as soon as it's functional enough to allow some clan organizing, I'll launch. You can go to the link and submit your email to get a notification of the launch date.

Oh.....and it's free.

• Re: Zombie Clans...things are about to get easier.
    Killbook

Not all zombie clan's have gone to **** and are nothing more than a friend list?

USarmyvet

Killbook wrote:

Not all zombie clan's have gone to **** and are nothing more than a friend list?

how do you communicate with your zombies clan?

Killbook

I bought this app on the xbox and I just added everyone in my clan to that app, and if I need to talk to them, I'll message them on there. It's really helpful. And having my laptop linked to xbox smart glass makes it even easier.

USarmyvet

Killbook wrote:

I bought this app on the xbox and I just added everyone in my clan to that app,

What's the app called?

Killbook

M2AF: Message to all friends. It lets you distribute gamertags into a group and lets you send one message to all the members of that group. I personally add my clan members just to see where there at on the leader boards and etc but honestly I don't need to.

• Re: Re: Zombie Clans...things are about to get easier.
              USarmyvet

Killbook wrote:

M2AF: Message to all friends. It lets you distribute gamertags into a group and lets you send one message to all the members of that group. I personally add my clan members just to see where there at on the leader boards and etc but honestly I don't need to.

An XboxHornet review by Elijah T.

Message 2 All Friends (or M2AF as it likes to call itself) has its heart in the right place.  It’s a small app that attempts to fix a problem that folks with a ton of Xbox Live friends, and especially those that are in clans with those friends, may have.  M2AF has two major features: You can send a message to all of your friends at once, or sort your friends into different groups and shoot off messages to those groups.

Isn't that pretty much what I said? That most people used a friends list to manage clans?

BTW....I never said clans had gone to ****.

TakeoIsBeast

Zombie Clans: Things Are About To Get Virgin-ier

Killbook

Or simple, I can just add the people, add them to the group, and remove them? It'll still send? Or I can go on xbox.com and copy and paste the names?

".I've seen many "ad hoc" attempts to piece together a clan and other that the truly dedicated."

No, you didn't say they went to **** but that's just what I think your sentence is saying kind of.

USarmyvet

Killbook wrote:

No, you didn't say they went to **** but that's just what I think your sentence is saying kind of.

No it doesn't...but if you're happy with your xbox message app, it really doesn't matter.

Killbook

Eh, maybe you did mean something different. That's why I said "That's just what I think". But I can agree with you that most of the zombie clans are relying on friendlist. Mine is full and I have more members than I can hold on my list so I either use my app or go on xbox.com.

USarmyvet

Killbook wrote:

Eh, maybe you did mean something different. That's why I said "That's just what I think". But I can agree with you that most of the zombie clans are relying on friendlist. Mine is full and I have more members than I can hold on my list so I either use my app or go on xbox.com.

Ad Hoc: Improvised and often impromptu; fashioned from whatever is immediately available.

a friends list....even an expanded friends list is still pretty one dimensional. The only limitation of a clan site is you can't play the game on it. Besides the individual clan sites....there is the main site which would itself have groups, events and discussion.....and maybe lots of good official contributors.

I searched the web far and wide and while there are a few zombie only forums, a lot of sites that have some zombie stuff....there is not a site totally dedicated to clans, the players and better matchmaking (and free).

Killbook

What are you talking about? There are plenty of sites? Maybe not purchased domains that you can just google and find but there are tons? And the reason clans rely on the friend lists, extended or not, is because why try to communicate on something they aren't going to be on as much as they are the xbox? Like, say you get a big clan. 50-100 members. Are all those members going to go on their computer of phone or internet first, or are they more than likely to go on the console you recruited them from? And when they do, they'll often look at their messages.

USarmyvet

Killbook wrote:

Are all those members going to go on their computer of phone or internet first, or are they more than likely to go on the console you recruited them from? And when they do, they'll often look at their messages.

I couldn't help noticing all the recruiting you do here....on a forum...on the internet.

http://community.activision.com/thread/200695251#.Ujtiwn9QTRw

I get it.....you don't like the idea of a new zombies website. That's fine...no need to troll. You made your point.

Killbook

Oh no no no. I don't do things like that. In Fact, I encourage it. I don't troll. Not the slightest bit. I was just listing my feedback on a few things you said in your post. Mainly just saying I disagree with some of the stuff you're saying and why (i.e the friendlist thing). Infact, feedback is how you improve. If I came off as me trying to diss your idea, I'm sorry. That wasn't my intention at all. Infact, I was hoping that my feedback would help you come up with a new idea that'd help you out more.

smuther

Count me in sounds like its gonna be way better than my friends list and I can make my own page hell yeah just what we need they can have these chummy zombie forums your site sounds way better

CCan't wait til it's up and running. Especially now that everyone's gravitating towards other games. would defiantly help when nobody plays much anymore 

WHat about an option for a casual game? GEtting into a leaderboard game isn't necessarily something I would expect every game, there's just not enough time. But I like to slay.  depending on map, 4-6 hours to commit isn't gonna do anything to most leaderboards. BUt I'll have no problem getting into a game for a certain amount of time.

USarmyvet

Tacnimin wrote:

WHat about an option for a casual game? GEtting into a leaderboard game isn't necessarily something I would expect every game, there's just not enough time. But I like to slay.  depending on map, 4-6 hours to commit isn't gonna do anything to most leaderboards. BUt I'll have no problem getting into a game for a certain amount of time.

That's like me right now....I can play for a bit but not till sunrise.

Anything is possible if there were enough people involved....in the "pool" of players. Just a matter of filtering. That's why forums are not the answer....the very nature of how forums can only have so many threads on the first page means if you had a large group of people looking for different games, they'd just keep bumping topics out of view.

TEX_715

yup so, whatsup?

Tattoo247

Might be cool for people who enjoy large clans.

To me having a 50-100 person clan is just like playing with randoms, but I've played with the same few people since I moved to ps3 a few years ago. Not a bad idea, just seems you could have done this a bit sooner, all forums are dying out and I see less and less people playing the game on a serious level. Like me, most serious players have already formed a strong group to play with, good luck though I'm sure it will benefit late comers or the anti social gamers.