1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 110 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2013 9:57 PM by rainmaker6 Go to original post RSS
  • 60. Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?
    DrKuhn

I mostly agree. I'm ok with bumping up scavenger to 3 points to give it the additional abilities to replenish everything but toob ammo. I'm not sure if there needs to be a trade off. Perhaps, if anything, they need to make the perk "fully loaded" more attractive by giving it something else like "Also gives you twice as many tactical and lethal equipment" but that might run the risk of turning the game into a halo-fest with grenades everywhere lol (or cod4 since those grenades were god mode and had perks supporting a gameplay style of just going full nuts with nades all over the place...and the levels allowed it even further).

Idk, according to http://www.codghosts.net/perks-list/ Scavenger is worded as replenishing equipment but this site is obviously speculation. Still, it goes without saying that scavenger, as it is, isn't even worth 1 single point. Let's hope Candyslexia or Teanah actually stroll into this thread and contribute to the discussion to give us SOME hope on the matter.

• 61. Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?
    DrKuhn

Your reading comprehension is awful. When did i call you a "kid" in my last response to you? The world doesn't revolve around you; so when i say "bad kids" it's not referring to you unless you WANT it to refer to you. If you camp and enjoy it like me and most of my clan does, then you'll continue to support the notion for a change to scavenger. Likewise, if you're agreeing with me, than we aren't really accomplishing anything are we?

• 62. Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?
    rankismet

DrKuhn wrote:

Let's hope Candyslexia or Teanah actually stroll into this thread and contribute to the discussion to give us SOME hope on the matter.

She did in the pinned thread on the reveal. As of right now, Scavenger only refills ammo.

The response is here... Re: Ghosts MP details from the reveal event

• 63. Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?
    surridge1990

And thats the way it should be, People shouldnt be able to constantly spam EMPs or C4 anytime they like otherwise we'll just end up with another BO2.

Its pointless even having lethals in BO2 with all the aids available to get round them, the worst being EMP grenades of course.

Played a game the other night where i dont think anyone in the game wasnt affected by EMPs for more than a couple of minutes (10 minute game) they were literally being thrown every few seconds even if there wasnt any equipment that needed to be destroyed.

The only explosives that should be refilled are lock-on launchers (if the streaks are going to be spammed as much as they are in BO2)

• 64. Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?
    Adam1234567893

Your a smart guy lol sorry about my grammar. And they also helped campers in Black Ops 2 so actually I am right here's how you are right the rushing perks and equipment and weapons out weigh the camper perks and equipment but here's the thing Treyarch still attempted to help them so let's just agree to disagree considering that we are both right. Actually I went off topic when you and the op attacked my post so I apologize.

• 65. Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?
    Adam1234567893

Not really and I thought you were still angry so I assume you were still attacking me my bad lol

• 66. Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?
    DrKuhn

Right, that's what i figured, but i'm hoping we here, in the community, help become agents of change. Scavenger is the only literally useless perk as it stands right now, regardless of the levels, gameplay or anything else. It's being overshadowed by a perk that does exactly the same thing right now with less risk. Oh and if you were to die and just run over your corpse, you'd double up your ammo anyway...what benefit is there at all to scavenger when every possible circumstance is taken into consideration?

• 67. Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?
    DrKuhn

Don't compare the worst duty to date to what we COULD have in Ghosts. The levels and forced gameplay styles in black ops 2 are the reason you saw emps everywhere. Nobody ran hardwired because it's a completely useless perk. So what was the downside to using emp's or black hats everywhere? Yeah...none. The horrid lack of balance is ultimately what killed that game (outside of spawn killing...but i suppose that's the result of one dimensional noob-catering maps, so perhaps that's a result of balance as well)

• 68. Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?
    RenovaKunumaru

I'm very content with my original suggestion. If scavenger only replenished about 20 bullets that's likely enough to get 1-2 kills if you're low on ammo. It's wont be as nearly attractive as having the loaded perk or whatever it's called that gives you max ammo. I'm even content with having the ammo replenishment at 15 since it would offer replenishment of tactical and lethal.

Most of what I see posted is that people want to see just gun vs gun fights which is perfectly fine. They don't want to see emp and c4 spam which makes sense too. However, it needs to be remembered that in order to hit someone with an emp now, the grenade has to be cooked so you won't see nearly as much emp as before. Especially with the terrible spawns, you'd probably get killed cooking the grenade while aiming to throw it at the objective but that's just emp stuff.

As for C4, in Blops Duece it's really broken. If I get in a gun fight and I find myself at the disadvantage I can always crouch behind cover and lob a c4 at any range and kill my opponent. I'm assuming that's what people are referring to c4 spam as. If the throwing range and arc were nerfed, there wouldn't be the amount of spam we see in black ops 2.

I still think upon adding these features scavenger should be 3points at least.

• 69. Re: Any chance of getting Scavenger reworked into it's original state?
    rankismet

DrKuhn wrote:

Right, that's what i figured, but i'm hoping we here, in the community, help become agents of change. Scavenger is the only literally useless perk as it stands right now, regardless of the levels, gameplay or anything else. It's being overshadowed by a perk that does exactly the same thing right now with less risk. Oh and if you were to die and just run over your corpse, you'd double up your ammo anyway...what benefit is there at all to scavenger when every possible circumstance is taken into consideration?

I don't think it's useless... but it's not as useful. With being able to have so many perks it's okay for it not do as much.

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next