25 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2013 7:24 AM by blissssss RSS

hacks.

warghoul

I know there were never any support for pc and the "hack" problem that was faced with all CoD titles...it took 3 hours for BO2 hacks to show up...how long do you think it will take for this one? We all know how awesome it is to get into game after game just to get "nuked", so why hasnt there been any kind of warden program implemented? PC gamers should get the same "problem fix" that platformers get. NO point in spending the 60$ for a game with shitty online play....

• Re: hacks.
    Th3_St4lk3r

If Anti-Cheat works similar to the system used in BO2, we won't be having much problems. Of course if some new hacks are available, you'll always see some cheaters now and then, but in BO2 that number was extremely low.

KillerClown67

Really you must of been playing a different game to me then,  only real way around the hack problem is pb and well run clan server, bo2 waits till a player has so many people reporting them before they look in to it, good clan run server and pb kick is almost instant job done.

ProperDedisNeeded

If Anti-Cheat works similar to the system used in BO2, we won't be having much problems with free hacks. Of course since it uses matchmaking, you'll constantly encounter players with paid hacks, and in BO2 that number was fairly high.

^^Fixed...

Ghosts will have the same level of "anti-cheat" that Black Ops 2 had... which is to say that nearly anyone with a paid hack will be able to play with zero consequences.  So in other words... no anti-cheat.

BO2 has more hackers than CoD4, which is pathetic since hackers can actually rent their own servers with PB disabled so they can hack all they want.

blissssss

Im sorry but you are definitely playing a different game, there are more hackers than you think. Most will stick to wall hacks and then scream because they have UAV up we all know the story.  Many people have said before why don't they ban, The question that should be asked is why don't they give us the capability to not play with that player again it wouldn't be difficult to incorporate a ban list.  Yes I understand that the hackers that are thought to be hacking would not be able to play anymore, unless with other hackers. The only problem to this is that many good players will be forced to play with hackers. The good news is that you will always get a server its the ones that ban too often that may not.  Making people think twice and look harder at calling someone a hacker. Lets face it most that resort to hacks are idiots they can't play the game properly so faced with the prospect of playing with elite players, they will put their tail between their legs and run. maybe makers will see this and come up with something that's workable for the next one, More than likely a program  hacker will come up with something for us to be able to ban them, it would however be nice if the makers actually addressed this problem in the future

Momba1

I expect no difference in the Anti-Cheat for Ghosts than that of BO2. There will be hacks in Ghosts day one, count on it.

wierd worlds are these

warghoul wrote:

I know there were never any support for pc and the "hack" problem that was faced with all CoD titles...it took 3 hours for BO2 hacks to show up...how long do you think it will take for this one? We all know how awesome it is to get into game after game just to get "nuked", so why hasnt there been any kind of warden program implemented? PC gamers should get the same "problem fix" that platformers get. NO point in spending the 60$ for a game with shitty online play....

I hate the word "hacks" because they are not hacks they are cheats.

On topic though there cheats will already be made and they will just go up within a few hours of the game being released.

The game uses the same engine that has been used since COD 4, and although it's had some changes made to it since then the core functionality of it is still the same.

To be honest I barely see anyone using a actual cheat but what I do see is people all the time, who are unable to connect to servers in there own country and instead get connected to servers in other countries where there pings are higher so they instantly have a advantage of being, able to be shot by people but not killed or taking twice as many bullets to die.

Momba1

Okay Hacks vs Cheats, but give me a break on you never seeing any Hacks/Cheats/etc used in the game.

Pff...it's virtually impossible to find a lobby without someone sporting a prior VAC Ban and clearly some aren't 'Cheating' now, but trust me most are indeed Cheating with their Hacks. Search 'Paid BO2 Hacks' -- not every hack is a tard snap-on, auto-fire, no recoil, i.e. obvious Cheat/Hack.

Try playing in the middle of the afternoon or late at night and tell me the same.

wierd worlds are these

Momba1 wrote:

Okay Hacks vs Cheats, but give me a break on you never seeing any Hacks/Cheats/etc used in the game.

Pff...it's virtually impossible to find a lobby without someone sporting a prior VAC Ban and clearly some aren't 'Cheating' now, but trust me most are indeed Cheating with their Hacks. Search 'Paid BO2 Hacks' -- not every hack is a tard snap-on, auto-fire, no recoil, i.e. obvious Cheat/Hack.

Try playing in the middle of the afternoon or late at night and tell me the same.

I have played at all times of day and barely see anyone using cheats, now maybe it's because of where I am located and the game having barely any players around anymore or it's because there are not that many people using them.

When I look at the theater recordings of the games I have played and I know I aimed perfectly at someone only for none of the shots to hit, and then the theater recording shows I never even aimed at the person it just shows how bad the game is and those are types of times, that people scream "cheat"

I have seen people using cheats and trying to hide them and some people trying really hard and making it pretty hard to spot that they are using a cheat, but they always have that little telling sign that they are using a cheat.

Momba1

I almost always play in a Party so the 'opinion' is not just mine and by far none of us are remotely bad players, my gun KDR is over 2. That said, pff no doubt the patches over the past week have ruined the game and most importantly hitboxes and rendered players ... well in some lobbies don't match-up.

Little FYI: according to Activision to date 'Hundreds of Thousands have been banned from Black Ops II.' I can only hope that number is across all platforms.

Example a couple days ago two (2) a-holes with their VAC Bans show-up and after one guy in particular got 2 SWARMS off us just in the second half of a DEM game --- duh no doubts. However, in the first half two of us got our Warthogs. The a-hole without a VSAT saw us coming at him from every direction and the 'funny' thing was few of his shots were 'on target' but instead everyone was perfectly centered in our hitboxes, and yeah we all watched the Theater. Beforehand and in-game we looked these two up and noticed their VAC Ban(s), called them out the second the game was over -- poof the one guy immediately left.

Are there cheats for BLOPS2 - ANS yes, do folks Cheat in BO2 - ANS yes, is it hard to detect - ANS yes if you're new and no especially if you're an experienced player not to mention in a group of experienced players.

Th3_St4lk3r

All I can say is, on PC in central european servers, hacks are pretty non-existant. Yes some dudes could be cheating, but there is hardly anyone that has such a good aim, map-awareness or anything that couldn't be done by a skilled player. So I would say BO2's system was fine (a lot less cheaters than in previous games), but sure, if there are better/more effective systems around, they should use them.

xFrazierz

i played cod since mw2 until now and i only came a crossed with 3 or 4 cheaters . I've been called cheater a lot of times , even banned on bo1 and my kdr were neve above 2.5 . but there a big part of community that see hacks every here  

Momba1

The only reason you were banned from BO1 was a cheat binary was detected - period. The Report button = a pacifier and it's useless.

Open your eyes, Activision's OgresBurp stated 'we've banned hundreds of thousands of players from Black Ops 2 alone' ; see -> http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200752092

My gun only KDR is > 2 and I have about 5K kills from Warthogs alone, and every time I use a Lodestar and above then yep I'll (you'll) get called a hacker, but I also have NO VAC Bans.

Th3_St4lk3r

Yep, chances you'll get called a cheater if you play a >2.0 KDR game are pretty high.

The report button is indeed pointless. There is no other purpose than to give players the illusion of being able to bust cheaters. They could never have the time and ressources to even look at the reports. And considierung the amount of legit players being reported this is kinda obvious.

Also a lot of people seem to have VAC-Bans nowadays. At first I was trying to avoid them, because I thought of them as potential cheaters, but it seems a third of the community got banned for hacking in MW2 - and those are only the ones who didn't make a new steam account afterwards.

But like I said, bans are working good in my opinion. On european servers (no idea if it's different in the US) 99% of so-called cheaters, are legit players. The only thing comeing close to a cheat is Treyarch's shitty Lag-Comp.

Momba1

If people are stupid enough to cheat on their primary Steam account then I don't know what to say other than they're morons. The cheats on the PC side represent 10%~15% of its player base. A solid dozen or more players from my friend's list alone have been banned and one loser twice.

Personally I don't care if someone got a VAC Ban playing Pokemon, they're a cheat and I have no desire to play against or with cheats. If you cheated once then the likelihood is high again.

I'm in the USA so most of the players that cross my path are located in North America, and plenty cheat, but I've seen VAC Bans from all over the world.

No doubt Lag Comp creates situations of 'rubber bullets' and is a problem. Listen I very rarely rage quit and what most cheater's lack is skill. We've played against a couple of guys that openly admitted to using hacks but we still won, but those matches are drain, trolling, and something that I'm frankly very aggravated when experiencing.

IF I'm calling out a cheat then it's not only my opinion but also the consciences of the players on my team, some cheats and cheaters are painfully obvious while others are not so obvious, but we're right 90%+ of the time.

Th3_St4lk3r

If people cheat, but get banned for it, I don't really see the problem. 10-15% seems like a HUGE exaggeration to me. Yeah, I've met a lot of VAC banned guys, who admitted on cheating in MW2, but who cares? They are already banned. Of course I wish VAC bans would count for BO2 (at least for leauge), but it at least shows that anti cheat has worked at least once against them.

I'm mostly playing leauge, but still, where the f*ck are those cheaters everyone is talking about? I can't seem to find them. Most enemies seem to find them in me and my teammates (or any other player who manages to get 2 kills in a row).

but we're right 90%+ of the time.

What makes you so sure of that?

UndreamtStone

vac bans are steam related only and codbo2 is not on their list of vac games....so it is not protected...and trey arch says and activision says report them in game...the more reports they get the more likely that person will be looked at....also a vac ban is only for the game they were caught in...sounds stupid to me cause once a cheater always a cheater...they should have their steam accounts banned period

Momba1

Th3_St4lk3r wrote:

What makes you so sure of that?

When we watch the films the easiest to spot are the Wall Hackers, and the rest is more obvious with constant Hitboxes that are not lined-up with the players. Everyone gets and gives 'WTF' kills, it's when the numbers are constant throughout the game.

Listen I'm not some new Noob to this game and I clearly 'get' there's always someone better, but I get how the legit good players play and most of their higher KDR is good use of head glitching, quickness of evasion, spawn and map knowledge, flanking, etc.

If I 'think' you're hacking all I ever say is "it will be an interesting film to watch," but if I know you're hacking I'll call you out both in-game and post game in the lobby. Frankly, I get called a hacker quite frequently so I clearly 'get' hackusations vs proof. I too 'get' VSAT and to a degree a UAV. One of the guys I play with is ex-MLG and there's no difference if either of us call you out and it's pretty damning if you jump in, jump out and ditto mid-game with your crap turned-on.

'Smart Hackers,' if there is such a thing, Trolls and a-holes to me, can get custom written hacks. Every so often you'll see someone with a 1,000+ hours and with a high KDR account get banned.

Th3_St4lk3r

Yeah, I know VAC bans don't work for BO2.

also a vac ban is only for the game they were caught in...sounds stupid to me cause once a cheater always a cheater...they should have their steam accounts banned period

That won't matter. They'll just make a new account. Someone in my FL bought MW2 3 times cause he got banned twice. Apparently too many people are stupid enough to try hacks. Banning all of them won't do Activision's $$ a favour.

constant Hitboxes that are not lined-up with the players

I've experienced **** like that because of the crappy servers.

But yeah, I know those guys were you are really tempted to watch the replay, but tbh most of the time there wasn't really any way to proof that he could be hacking. And TBH, in BO2, having the server/lag comp on your side gives you a bigger advantage than any aimbot could.

Also I'm extremely sure the report button doesn't matter at all. People feel better if they have a button to press, but Treyarch doesn't have the time and resources to go through all reports. Even just examinating the highest#of-reports players is probably too much to ask for.

TL;DR: Ofc hackers suck, ban all of them.

xFrazierz

dude seem i found people with decent brains this time , i had to much arguments on bo2 forums with a bunch of cry babies that always wine about cheaters and they were so blind that even when i showed videos of great PC player all they see is hacks .

they are taking care of hackers , at least on EU people hack less , because its hard for me to see hacks .

Mechman

Hmm... xFrazierz...

So you have played COD since MW2 and only have seen 3 or 4 cheaters?  Your either not smart enough to see them, your lying, you've never played on PC, you've only played 3 or 4 hours, or your a hacker yourself... which is it?

I'll admit that BO2 doesn't have a huge number of hackers... I've played it more than 1300 hours and it seemed pretty fair.

Now to judge Ghost I have to look at the last game that IW has put out on PC... MW3.  I've played a little over 600 hours (about 150 hours in just the last 2.5 weeks and have seen dozens of hackers.  Of course there have been about a dozen or so that fly around in the damn sky.  Just today I have seen a flyer. I also joined a different game today where the hacker was making my whole team spawn in one spot and shooting us while we could not move or shoot back.  Then there were 5 or 6 games where someone on the other team would go 40+ with zero or 1 death.  Two other games today had hackers with "invisibility" hacks so you could not see them. I was in a different game today where the hacker (still not sure which one was the hacker) made our entire team unkillable (some kind of health hack).  So today... in about 12 hours of play I say many very obvious hackers. Now these were the 'dumb' ones that don't care about being banned.  I would assume that the number who would be this obvious are the minority.

My guess would be  that for every hacker that is being so obvious, there are probably a dozen that at least try to hide it. Most of the time when I'm killed I tend to watch the kill cam (yes... I get that stupid award MW3 gives for 'most time spent watching kill cam').  There are so many times when I assume that the other team is not hacking but then I'll see things like this: First I'll be running with Blindeye, Assassin Pro, and Dead Silence Pro and a silencer on my gun (I like to sneak around).  There will be times when I am 20 feet back from a corner. The hacker will be looking directly at me not at the corner they are approaching. (They don't have to look at the corner expecting someone might jump around it because they know no one is there.) The whole time they move towards the corner of the building they keep focused on me... though there is no way they could see, hear, or spot me on their radar.

I love playing COD games (otherwise why would I put up with this cr*p. Ghost though is make or break for me. I've ordered x3 copies (for my two teens and myself) but this will be the last time if IW and Activision fail to ban the hackers.

xFrazierz

isn't my fault that you see more cheaters then me , and dont start accuse me of this and that and that because you dont even know me . if im a cheater with a kdr of 2.5 i should kill my self , i just played css for 4 years and have 4000+ hours . i live on EU im from Portugal , do you think that that person that earn 485 euros per mouth can put 60 euros to the garbage , buying the game it self isnt for every body and it is considered a luxury to some people . their are only a few countries that can afford to buy 3 or four copies of the game like you . now that im living on Switzerland yes buying a game isn't a big deal . when i said 3 or four cheaters isnt the exact number because i dont keep a record in my computer or somewhere else . in comparison to you i see less more . so calm down mate , i wasn't try to insult you .

Momba1

Mechman wrote:

Hmm... xFrazierz...

So you have played COD since MW2 and only have seen 3 or 4 cheaters?  Your either not smart enough to see them, your lying, you've never played on PC, you've only played 3 or 4 hours, or your a hacker yourself... which is it?

Pff...funny and so true. Some of the hacks that you're describing are host infected console hacks, I've never seen a 'flying' nor 'invisibility' hack yet on the PC.