34 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2013 4:43 PM by RedNight129 RSS

The BO2 cycle is now complete.

jedi429

The BO2 cycle is now complete. It wasn't the worst CoD game ever, but it wasn't the best. It was fun for what it is worth. It was a solid installment in the CoD series. Until next time, Treyarch!

• Re: The BO2 cycle is now complete.
    starbuckfrack

Hey Padawan. The term you would need to use probably works better if you say "The CIRCLE is now complete."

CODRocks131

No, this easily was the worst COD they ever put out. I was a full supporter of Treyarc for their masterpeiece World At War and a great game in Black Ops 1, this game just sucked. Thank goodness for zombies picking up the mess.

electricfuneralfire

We still have like 3 months left lol

half-megatron

the netcode made this game the worst ever...

BlueRaider

Absolutely, hit detection and lag comp made it pratically unplayable for me at times. The funny thing was, I could take my XBOX to my GF's place in Birmingham, AL or my parents house in East TN and the game was quite playable. So essentially going from a high bandwidth/low ping environment at my place to a low bandwidth/high ping environment the game played as it should.  I personally feel this game is garbage and am greatly looking forward to the next installment on the Xbone!

nicedrewishfela

It is what we made it. I had fun with it.

But there was something missing in this one, I can't put my finger on it.

Gh0stxWolf

There are many missing pieces in my opinion, the fact that they only put one weapon in one dlc pack for example, or you might be referring to the lack of a diverse community. The majority of the time people in the lobby consisted of kids and teenagers not that there is anything wrong with that but it's gets old being killed by grenade launchers and/or skorpions nearly every game. But the most missing piece of pieces that should have been there, I think, would be all of the great perks from the last games... It feels like we become so limited to what we are able to do with classes now that it's best to just run with loaded weapons and no perks or stock weapons and six perks. However you could be missing something else entirely I wouldn't know...

Desslok

Of the three I have played Blops 1 MW3 and this 1 Blops 2 is by far the best.

The most run and gun with the least camping and solid feeling guns.

The only thing that let it down is the eternal COD plague quickscoping.

BigpoppaPump

BO2 in my opinion is the worst of the COD series, but that doesn't mean i didn't have fun with this game. I'm not trying to say it's a bad game, it's just not my favorite out of the COD series.

SirDarthVader

I liked Black Ops 2 but I got bored of it alot and found myself taking breaks from it, with previous CODS I could play them all day and not get bored, multiplayer was fun until you get to master prestige. Tranzit is just meh, the DLC has sorta revived it for me especially the zombies dlc. Overall great game but it's not my favourite Call of Duty.

vims1990

I think some of the hate coming from BO2 is that it is the new COD title. It's the COD cycle.

Everyone gets hyped up for the new COD title, proclaims it as the 'Best COD ever" and once the "honeymoon" stage ends after it's launch, it becomes the "Worst COD ever". Too many people fall for this every year. It'll happen with COD Ghosts as well....I can guarantee this.

Honestly, I like BO2. Don't me wrong, it has its bumps like every other COD title but overall, I still enjoyed it..

I mean if you hate it just because of connection, bear in mind that MW3 and BO1 had connection issues of its own. I've been on the forums long enough to know what happened there when threads were spammed with connection complaints.

starbuckfrack

OK the "honeymoon stage" got me laughing

and you are right about ghosts.

Prediction............

"This game lags too much. Black Ops 2 was better."

"Well you asked for dedicated servers and we told you they wont fix lag."

vims1990

starbuckfrack wrote:

OK the "honeymoon stage" got me laughing

and you are right about ghosts.

Prediction............

"This game lags too much. Black Ops 2 was better."

"Well you asked for dedicated servers and we told you they wont fix lag."

Pretty much.

Don't get me wrong, I think IW have made some good decisions for Ghosts from what I've seen so far but I think the community expectations are way to high to the point that they'll still be disappointed even if the game isn't that bad.

Brutalkillshots

Terrible connections ,terrible matchmaking and a complete inability to "try" and fix it :( at least IW fixed MW3 :)

Will be really glad when I can through this game in the bin :D and droll over my xboxone :D

Restore_Hardcore

This was a very solid game overall but HC TDM was slightly ruined with no respawn timer. CoD provides plenty of fast paced options so why they decided to inject HC TDM with more is beyond me. Many of us agreed that if they wanted to do something with the timer then they should have reduced it, not eliminate it. I had fun though even if I don't play much anymore, thanks 3arc!

Richie55

The third game of inconsistant gameplay, broken lag compensation/host disadvantage, generally poor matchmaking, anyone would think these issues are/were intentional to keep the casuals playing.

The best thing about BO2? good ol' probation, lag and deal with it, dashboard out/quit you pay for it. Sounds very justified.

Let's see what they have in store for us with COD DOGs. I suspect the same old laggy inconsistant gameplay. So little jimmy can have his 10 minutes of fame when the game has allowed him to go 30-0.

Cant wait for the day this series fails. I'll still be playing COD4 and laughing.

simonm

"Terrible connections ,terrible matchmaking"  this x1000

i love treyarchs games , they are usually the best balanced and the better games of the cod series but treyarch dropped the ball with this game . the connections were terrible and still are , far to many WTF moments . why on gods green earth does this game also have to constantly match make us with people that arent even in my country ? uk players playing spanish , greeks and italians should never ever happen but thats been the constant range of people i play against in blops2 , has never been that bad in all the series !

for me , usually the winning player on the opposition side is the guy on a three bar connection from some far off place and hes got the advantage over everyone else despite the fact that hes on three bars .

Brutalkillshots

Agreed mate I normally play FFA mostly because its the most lag free since there's only 8 players (well on previous titles) and I've started making a habit of seeing where everyone in the lobby is from .

I'm from the UK ,then there will be French ,Italian ,Spanish ,Netherlands ,Norway the odd Irish etc this is every single lobby ! Lol yesterday I had players from Brazil ??? Lol WTF ? Along with the usual French ,Italian etc .

I sometimes wonder if anyone from the UK plays this game ! And no wonder its a lag Fest when every single lobby has players from all over the world ! Thanks skill based matchmaking ! :/

SitRepPro

Ireland only has a population of 4 million (half of London) so I don't really mind much when they're in my lobbies even if they lag.  It's being placed with people across Europe, which result in long distances between players, that aren't helping.  I live near London but I'd be amazed to hear a local accent in-game.  I mainly play TDM and play during times where playlists are pretty well populated so the ability to find more local players shouldn't be such an issue.  Sometimes I get more people from the UK in my lobbies when I'm playing at really stupid times like 3am...

MW2 gives me the best chances of having a majority or total number of players from the UK so IW and 3arc have done something to the matchmaking code.

deamonomic

simonm wrote:

"Terrible connections ,terrible matchmaking"  this x1000

i love treyarchs games , they are usually the best balanced and the better games of the cod series but treyarch dropped the ball with this game . the connections were terrible and still are , far to many WTF moments . why on gods green earth does this game also have to constantly match make us with people that arent even in my country ? uk players playing spanish , greeks and italians should never ever happen but thats been the constant range of people i play against in blops2 , has never been that bad in all the series !

for me , usually the winning player on the opposition side is the guy on a three bar connection from some far off place and hes got the advantage over everyone else despite the fact that hes on three bars .

im going to say its probably unavoidable to keep the game running. Many games have that same issue with matching people from the same area. Im assuming there is a reason for it.

A 3 bar connection does NOT give you an advantage. But it doesnt mean you will get your ass kicked either. Kinda funny, when a 4 bar player does well its skill, but when a 3 bar player does it, its all the advantage.

skippinglobster

Black Ops and Black Ops 2 have been my favorite online games of all time. After playing a little bit of MW3 I ended up going back to Black Ops and played it up until release day for Black Ops 2. I've had such a great time on Black Ops 2 that I've already decided to play it through Ghost and wait for Treyarch's next installment.

limonaid

This game broke down a lot of the game mechanic that was popular in the original Black Ops and really didn't add to the gameplay that much. But I agree that with its flaws it was a decent game.

PandasRpeople2

I personally never had any significant problems w/ lag or hit detection.  My biggest complaint by far about BO2 is the garbage spawns, much more egregious on certain maps than others.  No fun getting shot in the back when you've only taken two steps after a respawn.

Other than that, I loved BO2.  The Pick 10 system added a whole new dimension of depth; the guns overall were better balanced than in any previous title (and imbalanced guns were nerfed/buffed more promptly); the graphics were very crisp and beautiful.  The level design was hit-or-miss, but overall more hit than miss.  Still, I'm no Treyarch fanboy, and what I've seen of Ghosts so far has me looking forward very much to IW's next offering.

banned-again

as people have pointed out the game still has 3 month to go and is far from being the worst cod game ever made

Izjar11

jedi429 wrote:

The BO2 cycle is now complete. It wasn't the worst CoD game ever, but it wasn't the best. It was fun for what it is worth. It was a solid installment in the CoD series. Until next time, Treyarch!

Your jumping the gun, but its getting towards the end.

To me this game represented everything previous titles needed, with a new degree of maneuverability that players (today) still struggle to cope with and blame obviously the game for it.

I do not like to compare previous games to the current one, but this game was better than most other games.

The competitive nature of this game will be hard to replicate in future games.

xxxharveystjockxxx

while i do agree the functionality and graphics are leap forward, the game seemed to have even stronger problem than mw3.  those with connections the game liked best seemed to dominate regardless of skill. being so fast paced and small maps.  to me a good player flanks, shoots his opponent w/o them shooting back.  they dont run full speed in circles around the map and be able to keep a 2kd.  spent alot of time looking at players channels through the cycle when i ran into a high kd or high kill count, and only a few times after watching there channel did i say, wow, that guy is just good.  few are very good and do deserve to be called that. but alot stink and just had an advantage..ex one good player i saw with 80k kills and 1.8+ kd on the train or transit map in la would guard an area at the end of the steps looking 3 directions constantly and take out there target usually before the other saw them. not camping.  to me thats a good player.  but TONS ran in circles around the map just mowing down people at every turn with the enemy looking like a deer in the headlights.  thats connection.  and bo2 due to map size and lag comp made connection even more important.  (I ONLY PLAY HC)  i do think dedi's will solve alot of problems.  when they tested, everyone seemed to be either green or red, when i was green it played great, red i had trouble, like it should be.  bascially when i was on the closest server, i was green, if i got swept to a further server, i knew it and expected trouble.  how it should be.  bo2 was 50/50 hit miss for me.  AND I KNOW WHAT LAG COMP CAN DO.  i got online one sun morning on mw3 bout 4 am.  got into a lobby in japan. im near houston.  for 20 or so games, i had to switch to the highest kill streaks, and could have run around with a knife and gotten them almost.  i learned then what went on behind the scenes.  dont need to know the code, because i know.  i know ghost will be better graphics and functionality wise, but if they dont fix matchmaking, nothing will change.  cause i guarantee right now that top players now are not the top players that would be if the game really played like it should.  but overall, still coolest game out there..

Bielsalmighty

It took me a little while to acclimatise myself to the pace, and adjust my approach to one that worked out for the game, but I've really enjoyed this CoD. The pick 10 system was a great idea, and I am SORELY disappointed that IW haven't taken the Scorestreak system into Ghosts. Only moan I have is the direction they went with matchmaking, but hey-ho. Lesson learned I hope *glares*

highlandsparky

Yeah, it's almost complete for me now...Once I reach prestige 4 / 55, I'll be calling it a day...Really can't be arsed going any further.

Almost there....Phew.