37 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2013 7:22 PM by johnniboi97 RSS

Why wasn't Black Ops 2 like this?

McTruff

For all I know Ghosts can suck, but at least there are new things here. In black ops 2 there were no new gamemodes, except of course the boring hardpoint and the not so different multi-team. There were also no new perks. Just perks we've seen in previous CODs. I will inevitably get bored of Ghosts, but I'm very sure the fun will last much much longer than Black ops 2's.

• Re: Why wasn't Black Ops 2 like this?
    iivrruummii

I see it as Ghosts only needs to last me until Titanfall/Destiny's releases.  So around 6 months which is normally when I get burned out on a game.

NoLifeKing29

What new perks are in Ghosts? Wire Tap? ok, just another UAV associated perk. What else?

RunAndGun1

On the Go makes perfect sense. That's what bothered me most about COD before, you made the slightest move on your stick and your character would stop reloading. Dumb. Why wouldn't you be able to reload while running? And, btw, running in COD looks more like walking fast.

Only when people use both Lightweight and Extreme Conditioning do we see crazy speeds. But, most of the time, running in COD looks like walking fast. So, On the Go makes sense to me. With all the other perks that will create OP situations in Ghosts, On the Go is the least of my worries.

McTruff

Thank you. He's just a baby.

NoLifeKing29

You are just an idiot, I said On the Go COULD BE A PROBLEM, while you make a thread crying about Black Ops 2 and all of the new features it apparently didn't bring, which is just plain crap, there were plenty of great brand new features BO2 did. Only a few of these perks in Ghosts are brand new to the series. RunandGun wasn't even talking to you or addressing anything you cried about. Good try tho. Stop deflecting, stop crying, stop posting McTruff.

McTruff

Lol oops. I actually meant to reply to RenovaKunumaru :

"That makes no sense at all. Absolutely no sense. I can't even fathom what made you think reloading while moving would be a "cheap" tactic."

You still haven't explained at all how On the Go COULD BE A PROBLEM you're just crying about Ghosts and all the new features it deffinetely brings, which is just plain crap.

NoLifeKing29

nice deflection kid. I have explained it, but you just cant read. Here, this is my last reply to you since you obviously aren't worth anyones time. You asked in the OP why wasn't BO2 like this? Well guess what, it was. It had a lot of new features, new game modes, brand new League Play, completely original Pick 10 system, scorestreaks, gun DLC, weapon prestige, all of those new things.

McTruff

Nope. Read through all your posts. No explanations. You just continue to dodge that, sorry.

I didn't notice any new features.

Lol maybe like 2 new features compared to Ghosts' approximately 7

League Play wasn't that special

I'll give you the pick 10 system

Scorestreaks were flawed.

Lol it was only one gun

MW3 had weapon leveling too

What were the new things you were talking about, baby?

vims1990

McTruff wrote:

For all I know Ghosts can suck, but at least there are new things here. In black ops 2 there were no new gamemodes, except of course the boring hardpoint and the not so different multi-team. There were also no new perks. Just perks we've seen in previous CODs. I will inevitably get bored of Ghosts, but I'm very sure the fun will last much much longer than Black ops 2's.

To be honest, your opening post is flawed.

You state that there were no game modes but then you bring up Hardpoint & Multi-team (which were both new game modes). They may boring to you but wasn't the case for everyone else.

Also not sure why having new perks makes the game fun - realistically players tend to use the same perks & class setups when they transition to the next COD title so some of these new perks in Ghosts may be unused.

Scorestreaks were flawed? - How so? I think the support strike package in Ghosts is flawed considering they are still adding lethal killstreaks into the package.

League Play wasn't special - That may be from your perspective but I have a number of friends who play it more competitvely than public lobbies. Truth be told, they were upset that I told them League Play may not be in COD Ghosts for the public. (more likely they're just adding in tools to support MLG)

Pick 10 system was new for COD and IW is using a similar system with the perks

It's possible that IW saw potential in bringing new features since its a next-gen launch title, I'm sure Treyarch would have done the same thing if given the opportunity to be the first COD developer to bring COD into next-gen.

NoLifeKing29

Vims, where did you see lethals in support? And is it confirmed LP isn't returning?

vims1990

NoLifeKing29 wrote:

Vims, where did you see lethals in support? And is it confirmed LP isn't returning?

Yep, there are lethal killstreaks in support. Heli sniper, MAAWS launcher, Juggernaut Recon, Box of Guns

http://www.codghosts.net/killstreaks-strike-packages/

With League Play, to me it looked like it wasn't returning (probably should have changed my wording lol)

Even with IW supporting competitive play, they weren't really specific on whether they'll be just as supportive compared to Treyarch with adding in a league play playlist in my opinion.

McTruff

My opening post is not flawed silly. I said there were no new modes EXCEPT hardpoint and multi-team because those gamemodes are the EXCEPTIONS. Learn to read, bud. Ok let's see...

Having new perks is fun to try out something new and see if there is something to add or subtract from your strategy. Subtract becuase if the enemy has it you may have to change your strategy to counter it.

Scorestreaks were flawed because before black ops 2 I played mostly free for all when i'm alone and search and destroy when i'm with friends. Those and other gamemodes with little to no objectives made me have to play some demolition, just so I could have fun with scorestreaks.

I never even mentioned League Play, more proof you need to learn how to read, bud. But you are right League Play wasn't that special.

Lol new gamemodes and perks have nothing to do with next gen. The next gen of ghosts is the peeking and maybe the sliding and the destructable enviroments.

vims1990

McTruff wrote:

My opening post is not flawed silly. I said there were no new modes EXCEPT hardpoint and multi-team because those gamemodes are the EXCEPTIONS. Learn to read, bud. Ok let's see...

Having new perks is fun to try out something new and see if there is something to add or subtract from your strategy. Subtract becuase if the enemy has it you may have to change your strategy to counter it.

Scorestreaks were flawed because before black ops 2 I played mostly free for all when i'm alone and search and destroy when i'm with friends. Those and other gamemodes with little to no objectives made me have to play some demolition, just so I could have fun with scorestreaks.

I never even mentioned League Play, more proof you need to learn how to read, bud. But you are right League Play wasn't that special.

Lol new gamemodes and perks have nothing to do with next gen. The next gen of ghosts is the peeking and maybe the sliding and the destructable enviroments.

I can read fine, thanks.

When you state that there were NO new game modes but then bring up Hardpoint and Multi-team, you were contradicting yourself.

You mentioned League Play in another post, I wasn't referring to the one I quoted.

Hmm...with S&D, most players tend to use low scorestreaks so it wouldn't have been such a big deal. FFA/TDM, they were difficult but I still managed to earn the higher scorestreaks so it wasn't impossible for decent players.

Didn't even link new game modes and perks to next-gen. Of course you can do more with a next-gen console, just saying that IW realised that with a decent upgrade to their engine, they could do more with the game. You don't know what Treyarch may do next with next gen consoles.

johnniboi97

I wasn't contradicting just making exceptions. You are a terrible reader, sorry. There were still no new gamemodes anyways. Hardpoint was just Headquarters and Multi-team is just an extra team whoop dee doo. I'd rather have the Pointstreak or killstreak system in FFA or TDM regardless. It's much more simpler. Well in this post I am talking about gamemodes and perks exculisvely. Becuase it wasn't a next-gen title is NOT an excuse to bring them in. They should seek potential in their game whether it be first next gen cod or not. And what features are in ghosts that black ops 2 couldn't add? As i mentioned the peeking the destructibable enviorments are not Treyarchs fault cause that is new engine. It is treyarchs fault there was brand new to try in Black Ops 2.

EDIT: This is McTruff btw...

r8edtripx

McTruff wrote:

In black ops 2 there were no new gamemodes, except of course the boring hardpoint...

That's crazy talk.

DarkWinter23

Maybe when black ops 2 came out, we were excited because of the new weaponry and future style of the game, But when we saw the ghosts gameplay we realized that weapons and suchwasnt enough, but the gameplay was.

BlackOps2_bro

Because treyarch is totallllllyyyyy gayyyyyyyy..... infinity ward does a much better job with the games.