27 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2013 6:25 PM by theatriks RSS

map pack 4 information and thoughts

ratchetdude231

So for map 4 at this point I am almost positive of 2 things one the old characters well be returning and second thing is the next map pack well be all zombies here is my proof. First thing if you look at what the Treyarch twitter account all of the things they have shown is zombies related the first 2 pictures were pictures of guys working on mob of the dead and they were the single player team. The second set of pictures are both zombie's related and they are both letters know I didn't quite understand them but appearantly they both take place during WWI so the next map pack might be an origin story. I just can't see them focusing and refferencing on zombies this much and then not release a map pack that isn't zombie focused so I don't know what do you guys think.

• Re: map pack 4 information and thoughts
    Ninjambie

As much as I would love an all zombie map pack, it would be a huge slap in the face for the people who bought the season pass and only play multiplayer. According to the wiki (I will link it below), there is a rumor about a 5th standalone DLC. Hopefully this will be an all zombie map pack, if it is true.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Damac1214/Black_Ops_II_-_DLC_5_Rumors _surface

ratchetdude231

nah I don't think it well be all zombies what I think well happen is that the next black ops 2 map pack is going to come out and it's going to be all zombies and in order to please the multiplayer guys they are going to have a free map pack were you get 4 or 5 multiplayer maps and they are all old maps from black ops 1 if my guess is true then they well probably release map pack 4 in august and in september release the free map pack 5 if they charge for map pack 5 their well be a rage storm

Gheb13

2 problems with your theory.

1: If a 5th map pack where to come out in September, it would be released a month later for PS3/PC users. Treyarch are not allowed to put out any DLC in October as it could interfere with the advertising for Ghosts.

2: David Vonderhaar confirmed on Twitter that they are committed to doing 4 packs. So there will undoubtedly be no other DLC after the final map pack unless it's a micro transaction, no more map packs.

mrnice4884

you couldnt be more wrong. anyone who purchased the season pass would be an idiot not to think that there would be a strong possibility of the format copying black ops 1. how is it not a slap in the face to the zombie community that bought the season pass and expect extra zombie dlc in the last one?! if anything they should be up in arms that 3arch forced them to buy each dlc for 1 zombie map.

there is not a dlc5 so just stop. read the terms and conditions for the season pass. you can have "access to ALL four map packs". there is definitely not a 5th map pack or season pass holders would have valid arguments to be entitled to it. it doesnt say access to four map packs but ALL means thats it. its not rocket science.

ratchetdude231

why would you be complaining if you paid for four map packs but then got one map pack for free didn't really understand your first paragraph why would it be a slap in the face to the zombie community think about it in black ops 1 a tone of people weren't happy with map pack 4 becuase all it had was zombies so to solve that problem zombie fans still get their all zombies map pack in the form of map pack 4 and for the multiplayer guys they get a free map pack with old black ops 1 maps for free your last argument of their being an entitlement issue wouldn't be a problem if they simply gave out the 5th map pack for free this is why I say the 5th map pack has to be for free they can't release a 5th map pack and expect people to pay for it especially when most people thought they were getting everything with the season pass how do you solve that problem you get some old black ops 1 maps and make it free as for the map pack 5 not being a thing it was clearly in the game code dude

Ninjambie

Tell that to the people who bought the Halo 4 season pass and now have to fork over more money for another map pack coming out the 20th of August.

It's possible.

INB4 this isn't Halo. It's not, but the principle behind the season pass is still the same for every game. You buy season pass, you get what's included in the season pass. Anything outside of the season pass will be a completely different purchase.

ratchetdude231

maybe if it wasn't a normal map pack I could see them charging for it but if it's on the same vein as the map packs we have already seen then I don't see them charging for it and if they do they can expect a lot of frustrated people

Ninjambie

Either way, a 5th dlc isn't impossible and should not be dismissed.

@ Gheb13

As for them "not allowed to put out any DLC in October as it could interfere with the advertising for Ghosts", they're already advertising Ghost while they're advertising B2 DLC. So what are ya talking about

Gheb13

In October, that is the month that Activision is going to be pulling out all the stops trying to get people hyped for Ghosts. If they also advertised DLC for Black Ops 2 during that crucial time, it could detract from the hype around Ghosts. It's true that Ghosts has been advertised a little bit, but during October is will be heavily advertised and you want as little competition as possible when it comes to this kinda stuff.

By the way, yes a 5th DLC is impossible. David Vonderhaar confirmed on Twitter that they are committed to 4 DLCs, no more no less.

Ninjambie

Another thing, you're right. You have complete access to all four map packs. This does not include a 5th a 6th or a 7th.....cwutididther

theatriks

Every right to be disappointed. No right to be upset with an all zombie map pack.

Those who buy a Season Pass make the decision to purchase all DLC in advance, prior to any specific information being released about the content. If you feel you aren't fully committed to that idea then you shouldn't be buying Season Passes.

So slap all the faces, I say. All zombie map pack, please.

MultiColt

BO1 had it so they should have expected it for BO2. personaly i dont care for the multiplayer. i thinks its crap. it has the worst spawn system i have ever seen and half the people cant even pay attention longenuf to see that there geting shot at from the back. im going to be honest im not  buying Ghost. im expecting it to be just as crapy as the last multiplayer games where. im only buying the games that have zombies on them from here on out.

PeterPanzer903

Just because everything being posted in Treyarch's Twitter is zombie related, doesn't mean the DLC

4 is all zombies....that is the new and interesting topic...we all know we'll get more useless MP maps. If they said anything about the MP maps, they would be spoiled. Zombies has a story aspect, and their twitter posts are only to fill un-explained holes in the story.

MultiColt

pls dont be a downer. the truth in and of its self will eather destroy our trust in them or raise are hope in them. i personly think haveing hope is better than pessimism. (if i spellt that right...)

ratchetdude231

the fact is it treyarch loves both of it's fans zombies and multiplayer and unlike black ops 1 I don't think they are going to make one group of fans happy and the other frustrated while a lot of zombie fans were happy with the last black ops 1 map pack the multiplayer guys were frustrated as a guy that loves multiplayer and zombies in black ops 2 and as a guy that well probably be playing this game until the next treyarch game I would love to see a map pack 4 with only zombie maps and a map pack 5 with only multiplayer maps I would even pay for a map pack 5 but I just don't see them charging people for a map pack 5 and let's not forget that it has become a trend atleast in call of duty to give out free maps they did it in mw3 and they have yet to give out free maps in black ops 2

PeterPanzer903

Just stating the facts....when have they ever "leaked" or gave hints toward any new MP map?? To say DLC 4 will be all zombies because Treyarch only put zombie references up is ignorant. Zombies is Treyarch's "pride and joy". But that doesn't mean they aren't including multiplayer maps.

Don't get me wrong, I wish it WAS all zombies. MP has enough maps already. But if they made DLC4 all zombies, a lot of people would be demanding some money back. If DLC 4 was all MP and no zombies, I'd for sure be b!tching....

timelordalex

There won't be a map pack 5, Map Pack 4 will feature the last map, La Tombre, it WILL NOT feature OLD maps, however this map pack will be different than the rest, we wont get 5 new zombie maps,  as La Tombre is a 'Tranzit' style map, with add-ons, MP development has ceased  now, and aside from camos, theres unlikely to be any more content for MP, as everyone is pitching in zombies to get it done by August 27th - Not far away at all, plus a trailer must be imminent aswell

ratchetdude231

yea I really think that release date is real by the time they release it on xbox they would have had vengenace for about 2 month and you know it's after the multiplayer reveal for ghosts I am gussing we get a reveal trailer either before the ghosts multiplayer reveal or 2 or 3 days after the reveal I am gussing before the reveal

scoop121578

so what do u guys think of this

and this also goes with benn's new series rise of the mechanical man

Yankeephil

The only way I could see them release a DLC 5 is if they were to do a suprise dual DLC 4 drop, one pack with MP maps and one with all zombies and Season pass holders could chose one for free and then buy the other at retail if they wanted

Nitrous_C8

Nobody likes multiplayer anyway. And the ones that to are 12 year olds. Zombies is the man game.