1 12 13 14 15 16 Previous Next 152 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2013 5:38 AM by rlbl Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 140. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

BanHaMMer wrote:

This is where we women gamers are smarter than you men, we don't stand in lines for games. Ugh! I can assure you there are plenty of gurl gamers, we just don't carry on like guys do. You may get the odd gurl not playing with her clan verbalizing,  but not often.

I'll never argue with a woman about who's smarter.  To do so would be to show that men are not smarter. 

Kidding aside.  Don't get me wrong, if I sounded anti-women it wasn't my intention.  I think the more women playing the better.  It would bring much needed maturity. 

I know for a fact several gurl gamers who have been Number1 on the KILLZONE and RESISTANCE leader boards and maintained there position on there for months and none of the boy baby gamers knew they were women.

My response was directed at Jeep's stats.  My point was that her numbers don't breakdown who's playing what, and who's playing what on what medium.  Lets assume ESA's 42% is correct.  This doesn't translate into 42% of all BOII gamers, or for that matter even of all FPS gamers in consoles, are women.  In fact, the very source whereon she relies says: 

Thirty-six percent of gamers play games on their smartphone, and 25 percent play games on their wireless device.  [And, on the other hand, only f]ifty-one percent of U.S. households own a dedicated game console....(words in brackets mine).

http://www.theesa.com/facts/index.asp

See what I mean.  The 42% number is misleading if you don't consider women play games in differnt genres and on different mediums. 

I'll stipulate that personal experience, if isolated and few, is obviously not as reliable as an unbiased, a more methodological and sufficiently widespread survey.

That said, I've played more CoD public matches than I'd like to admit.  We can look at it this way, each game I played is a survey.  Over many years (since WaW) and countless matches played, I'll stick with my personal experience and common sense and stand by what I said. 

Simply, there are few females, relative to how many males, playing CoD.  Certainly, you can not honestly say that out of all CoD gamers, 42% are female.  That would be an outlandish assertion.

(Again, it's just my admittedly simple, although commonsensical, analysis of the numbers proffered,  I'm all for women gamers.)

• 141. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    CrashPower

Uh.... I don't know about you BanHaMMer, but I konw allot of women that stand in line for games. Well, let me amend that statement. Many of the ones I know send their husbands to stand in line and get it for them. LOL  I can remeber when my best friend, a female gamer I've never met, had her account closed until the year 9999 by microsoft's infamous banhammer in Setpember of 2011. I felt sorry for her but I felt even worse for her husband. She had a gamerscore of almost 100,000. She was so mad that I wouldn't wanna be in the same state as her yet alone as the same home. LOL

• 142. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

CrashPower wrote:

I wish people would start taking more care with their posts. Yppecaye, it's one thing to post your opinion but quite another to try to validate it as a fact with examples like what your Aunt does.

Did you read my response to BanH and AznC?  I will refer it to you as part of my response to you here as well. 

To repeat my rationale.  My Aunt example was simply to illustrate that there are 1) women who play games other than CoD; and 2) women who play games on other mediums.  You must take care to consider the context of the entire substhread.  That is, we're talking about CoD and BOII in particular.  So when Jeep's 42% is proffered as evidence against K's 1% guesstimate, I gave examples as to why the 42% is misleading insofar as how many women play CoD is concerned.

However, I believe there spot on. Not just because she's an Activision employee, but after my interactions with her, I've learned that she's big video game fan. She's even got framed autographed CallofDuty posters.

Sometimes the bigger a fan someone is, the more likely they're biased for the very thing/person they're a fan of (not speaking about Jeep, just in general.)

For example, her stat of the average gamers' age....

Nice info but so what?  Just because one stat may be correct doesn't make another correct.  I actually, not in so many words, said the same thing you did here. http://community.activision.com/message/414642614#414642614.  Again, it would be a good idea to read all posts before responding. 

Sorry to rant, but it's especially aggravating when you're trying to conduct a discussion about something important to you (like HC CTF) and others argue against it without knowing what the hell their talking about.

Not sure how HC CTF's gameplay itself is relevant here.  I don't know which discussion you're referring to, but if you're implying by analogy that I don't know "what the hell" I'm talking about; then, I will simply have to disagree and suggest toning down your language a bit lest the appearance of baiting. 

• 143. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

ghamorra wrote:

Not getting into petty deconstructive arguments.

LOL. yeah. THAT will happen.

• 144. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    Kothar44

perhaps those that want to argue about what percentage of blops 2 players are female can start a new thread on the suibject?

It is pretty far off topic for this thread.

The topic came up while I was discussing with Fox Pro if the cartoonish aspects of blops 2 were directed at the under 17 crowd (my contention) or female crowd (his contention).  Neither of us had any hard numbers and I deferred to his assumption so the conversation could move back to the topic of the thread.

• 147. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    Kothar44

oops, edited.  What's the emoticon for foot in mouith?

• 148. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    jeepchick

the point of me posting those to to statss was in response to your statement that women made up less than 2 percent of the gaming community. In fact there a lot of women that play. However the whimsical camouflage options are ones that adults also appreciate and purchase. Ultimately it's a game and intended for entertainment.

• 149. Re: Activision releases a statement about the CoD community making threats against the developers
    Kothar44

ok, i'll concede the point a third time that no content is being created to appeal to the under 17 crowd.