32 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2013 11:43 AM by codchamp RSS

Opinion on JumpShotting!?

zombieslayer798

I personally dont find it that annoying..but some players complain about it like they did the newest patch..

• Re: Opinion on JumpShotting!?
    nicedrewishfela

People will complain about anything and everything.

If someone is good at it, I can't hate them for it, it is a part of the game.

I would like to see it become more difficult to do in future titles, personally.

highlandsparky

We have the option to jump so if it helps go for it....Not something I really do myself, but I certainly don't have any issues with it....

HarbingerOfDoom

my comment for that is the same as teabaggin someone after you kill them:

you look like an idiot when i kill you while you are doing that.

teflon_skull

It, like any extreme movement, should have a negative impact on your aim versus fixed, prone, crouching, etc stances.  Just like going prone from a jump should and would make your aim very poor.  In game, it's just another way to take advantage of poor hit detection and latency/lag comp.  It is funny to shoot people trying it and failing mid air though.

deamonomic

teflon_skull wrote:

It, like any extreme movement, should have a negative impact on your aim versus fixed, prone, crouching, etc stances.  Just like going prone from a jump should and would make your aim very poor.  In game, it's just another way to take advantage of poor hit detection and latency/lag comp.  It is funny to shoot people trying it and failing mid air though.

you do know that ANY kind of movement causes an accuracy drop right?

teflon_skull

But is it enough?  Is the penatly the same for all movement or do more extreme maneuvers give more of a penalty.  IE, is running and jump to prone diving the same penalty?  See where I'm going with this?

deamonomic

teflon_skull wrote:

But is it enough?  Is the penatly the same for all movement or do more extreme maneuvers give more of a penalty.  IE, is running and jump to prone diving the same penalty?  See where I'm going with this?

ya know, I dont know Ill have to figure out a way to test this... how I dont know...

trialstardragon

Really with how the weapons would really work I think it is stupid that it is allowed. But since the game is not meant to 100% mimick reality, I deal with it. Plus if they ever removed it all the MLG, YT feeders would cry about it and threaten to boycott the game because it removed a skillful tactic from them being able to use.

KirikaRyoko

I only find the jump-shotters annoying when it's clear they're using a modded controller, doing the whole jumping clear over your head thing while their controller auto-fires at an insane fire rate and even auto-aims for them. All at the touch of a single button.  Normal jump-shotters doing it on normal stock controllers I usually just kill because funny enough they actually tend to jump up IN to my line of fire as I tend to start at the chest and then let the natrual recoil of the gun lift it as it fires usually ending in a head-shot anyway. So I get less head-shots off of them but still kill them with center of mass hits.

gouldberg

Until last night I would have said that this is one thing that must be removed. Now I'm not so sure. I still don't like it as it gives the jumper a clear advantage (I know from trying it myself) although a semi-fix to combat it appears to be turning off the aim-assist.

The added control I have seems to bring me back into the fight slightly to the point where I'll win about 4 out of 10 battles with the Halo jumpers. Previously it was down at 1 or 2.

From the times I've done it to test out just how it works I have to admit 100% that the accuracy decrease is hardly anything. I can come around a corner, jumpshot and take out an enemy from distance whilst they just spray a stream of bullets into the area I had been 0.1 of a second prior. I really can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the way it works is really off.

Bielsalmighty

*shrug* it only annoys me because I always imagine theres some hyperactive little sod on the other end doing his best Thunder impression, shouting "GET *OWNED* SON!!!"

Weirdly, I've found myself doing it impulsively. It doesn't always work, and if I get unceremoniously shot out of the air, I have a laugh about it. Usually happens when I'm feeling goofy, or really REALLY confident. Then again, I'm that guy who finds it hard to resist dolphin diving out of windows

NoLifeKing29

Its legit, doesnt really work against good players in HC.

Drummin

I used to get killed this way often. Adapt. Now I love jump shooting. Next to train is the drop shot. If it works, it works.

9v9me

I could care less either way, but to be honest, if dropshot accuracy was lowered then why wasn't jumpshot?

ImTheCaTaLysT-

They give you the option to jump, so why not use it?

They give you the option to go prone, so why not use that?

Jumpshotting and dropshotting are legitimate counters to people with bad aim. They already nerfed dropshotting to oblivion after the MW3 snaking debacle. If you can't kill a dropshotter/jumpshotter, you're doing something wrong.

PandasRpeople2

I dislike jump shotting for the same reason I dislike quickscoping: it's just so damn GOOFY.

I've been in the Army.  In Basic Training, they teach you the method for what is basically "drop shotting," going prone ASAP to avoid detection/incoming fire while maintaining control of your rifle.  In CoD I find drop shotting annoying to contend with, but also a reasonable approximation of actual combat maneuvers.  But no one IRL jumps sideways through a doorway and fires off a shotgun blast in midair.

I know that CoD isn't trying to be a combat simulator, but I do appreciate a veneer of realism.  Ergo my three biggest BO2 pet peeves are quickscoping, jump shotting, and people who toss twenty pound blocks of C4 like baseballs.

LudwigVonMises

the problem I see with jumping is that the change in perspective between what the shooter sees and what the player shooting at the jumper sees is VERY different.  To me it seem that if i'm shooting at a jumper, he can pretty much jump over a bullet stream, yet from the jumpers perspective it seems like they barely lose any aim and can keep on target with out much of an effort. To me it seems that the two don't sync and this greatly benefits the jumper. Throw in modded controllers that make this totally legal trick even easier and you start to have a problem...not a major one, but still not 100% right.

I use the jump shot often but to me it probably should have more of a negative effect on the jumpers ability to aim and especially to hold fire on target.  Not the biggest issue in the game by far, but still a tad unrealistic.

phxs72

Not that realism is expected here but I'd love to know what country teaches their soldiers that whenever they find themselves in a firefight, to either jump in the air or laydown to win the fight?  They both are cheap in my opinion since the hitbox often doesn't sync properly with the player model but it's available for all to use.  So regardless I suppose that it's fair even if I'd rather see both removed.

iSAL

I think perspective is the big issue. I know that I will be shooting at a guy and from my perspective it looks like he hit a trampoline or has bionic legs or something. But on his screen he barely hopped. Just enough for him to throw my aim off, but not enough for it to make a difference to him.

And then throw in aim assist, which seems to spaz out everytime someone jumps...

robrod

It annoys me but whatever. If someone does it to me I try to make it a point to try and do it to them. But most the time I die. But I am a dropshotter so I cant really complain. My dropshotting started from when I run tactical layout on the controller and when I saw people I would get scared and flinch which would make me crouch lol. Even now if I am laying down on an objective, and I see someone I start shooting and freak out and flinch and then I end up standing up. I just cant help it lol

SeraphOne

I don't mind it but will report them for cheating as there's a better than average chance they're using modded controllers.

codchamp

Jump shotting, drop shotting . They are all gonna die either way