43 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2013 10:47 AM by DevoureSanctum RSS

So The New Crew Was Pointless?

DarkMega

So many flaws in there story. In Nuketown we hear the Tranzit bus and learn that Marlton is in the bunker yet Russman is the one to find Misty and Marlton in Town in Tranzit and he's already in the bus and somehow we spawn in the depot? Somehow we learn that Russman wasen't just some homeless dude but a important character and know there all killed off? What the hell was the entire point of these characters we learned nothing about them or very little.

Misty-Some chick who lived on a farm. (Says so in Buried) OH DID I MENTION SHE LIKES MARLTON SO MUCH STORY!

Marlton-Some random guy who was in the bunker of Nuketown?

Samuel-Some random guy who ate zombie flesh and can hear Richtofen and hates everyone but Russman.

Russman-Some guy from "Broken Arrow" what's Broken Arrow the world may never know?

Who wrote this??!?

• Re: So The New Crew Was Pointless?
    TeamKillerMAC

Broken Arrow was mentioned in the Die Rise radios or something.

DeathBringer-Zen

So was the new crew pointless?

Yes!

Who wrote this??!?

Clearly, they had some intention planned, until Vonderhaar stepped in, and now, all that was scripted for the characters is pointless and useless.

Broken Arrown is to be forgotten. Marlton being in Nuketown is now irrelevant and meaningless. Is Abigail the SAME Abigail mentioned in Der Riese? Who cares now... we will never know.

Apparently, it was the communities negative reaction towards the new group that forced the change, and althought the were not the best of characters to go with, they obviously had a purpose, to which we will never know now.

The community can be really stupid at times.

DarkMega

I gotta admit the new characters were not the best but I started to get use to them Marlton being the most annoying though basiclly the Takeo of the group you can say.

DeathBringer-Zen

I had my fill of the old characters, and although I am intrigued to know what happened to them, I was in no rush to know.

The new characters deserved better than this, and Vonderhaar has overstepped the mark by listening to the spoilt side of the community, and their request for the same old boring characters to return, and for what? The last map???

F*cking stupid move! Proof that Vonderhaar definitely oversteps the mark too much, and listens to idiots too much also.

I am happy to see them return, but I would rather see how the story was supposed to go, and NOT how it is going now, with drastic changes made with limited time.

I am sure the last map will be awesome, but I still would rather the story was not a complete waste on time throughout BO2 just to accommodate a bunch of stupid f*cks who were NOT story enthusiasts, and just bombarded Vonderhaar with abusive messages to force a change that was not necessary, just because they didn't like the new group!?

Wow... complete waste of time and effort spent invested in trying to work this new group out.

Thanks Treyarch...

kudo shinichi 1

From the way the easter egg leads us on burried it implys that we will be still playing as the new characters on the next map. Its either you have to stop maxis in ending the world and kiling its survivors or a continuation in what richtofen wants to do next now that he has samuels body. Either way like it or not if we just go back told characters it will do more damage to the story. Because honestly what have the old characters done? Time has passed, are the still on the moon or are they dead? The ffact is if we are spose to one day control them again, there has to be more that goes on in the new character story first.

MrMaster1212

Yeah it sucks i thought it would all be explained. Unless they did two zombies maps (Which would be very unlikely) And the new characters arent that bad maybe if They somehow added 8 player survival then we could figure out the story

timelordalex

i dont think it was us hating the new guys, it was more the fact, that as far as we were concerned we still had the old crew and there was no closure on them or any mention of them in BO2, the only links is Richtofen now being in Aether

DeathBringer-Zen

It WAS the community hating on them. He has already confirmed this! We got to choose their fate because we apparently are so stuck in the past, that we cannot embrace change and get on with it.

Idiots speak volumes it seems... SMH

Xeroro

It was their own fault. When presented with the "change" from BO1 to BO2, it's not surprising to find that most people rejected it, rather than embrace it. The "new crew" was associated with the failings of the overall zombies experience, so they were rejected all the same. Even after they probably "grew" on some people, it was too late.

DarkMega

I gotta agree with him there the sudden change made no sense. Moon should have have had a endgame kinda sequance like MOTD in which it made us think the characters died off (Tank and the rest) then the change would have made sense because we think there dead but in DLC 4 they make a comeback.

Froggmann6

Does it really effect gameplay though? The only noticeable difference is how they speak but that's it. Had we started out with the new crew in BO1, then gotten Richtofen, Nikolai, Dempsy in BO2, I could honestly see the same stretch of community (that is now crying for the old crew) crying for Misty Marlton etc. back to BO2.

I think Death has a point, although a really suddle change, I don't think that it would do anything to improve any map, this was even proved with Call of the Dead where you guys had no question as to the change in characters yet in BO2 the response was, "Wait what? New characters? What's this blasphemy??".

zombiehunter92

You know what I hope Trollarch ends up doing. I hope that if they don't keep the new characters and finish their storyline then I hope Treyarch makes 4 completely new characters just as a giant middle finger to all those ******** about the old crew. "Waaaah I won't my old boring characters back." Sure the new characters aren't as good as the old ones but I grew on them throughout this game. They have a shitload more story behind them that we don't know about yet. Much more than Takeo, Nikolai, and Dempsey.

On a side note I honestly don't feel that the old crew will return at least in BO2. I think that we will get one more map with the Marlton, Misty, Russman, and Samuel.

SparkleNova

we are playing as the O4 in the new map...dosent mean we will never see misty's crew ever again. i think they will be featured alot...and since zombies will probobly be 8 player like blops 2 was supposed to be, in the next game...we could have all of the playable. OR as with what i want, have a tangent story that has 2 maps per dlc, one featuring the old crew in the past working to stop the events in the future, and the new crew trying to survive and somewhat fix the future just in case the old crew fails in the past. this would make perfect sense and be VERY fun IMO.

PeterPanzer903

O4 may come back, but I don't see them coming back as playable characters. We still have too many questions about the new crew. To leave us hanging with the O4 in BO1 on moon, and then to leave us hanging with the new crew in BO2 in Buried would be insane. What if the O4 come back as zombies in the last map, or they are all stewards of Richtofen's "grand scheme". If they do come back as playable characters, we will at least need a nice long cutscene explains what happened to the new crew.

On another note, an idea that has been stewing at the back of my mind since the BO1 days, what if Treyarch's intentions ARE to leave giant holes in the story. After all the game is called "Black Ops"...hear me out...there are many different conspiracy theories surrounding the U.S. "black operations", some of them plausible, some of them borderline insane. Maybe Treyarch's intentions are for us to come up with our own "conspiracy theories" about the game and it's story. It would certainly make sense, and in my opinion, be downright genius!!

UncleFizer

Did i miss the confirmation somewhere that the original 4 were coming back? 

PeterPanzer903

Maybe the reason Marlton was in the Nuketown bunker was because he was separated from the other three sometime just after Tranzit. Look at the world map, it WOULD be the direction the bus was heading after Green Run. In the Buried cutscene we see the crew in a flooded city, kind of NYC-esque. Who honestly knows though, too many giant holes in the story. I honestly liked the change to the new crew, it opened up so many more opportunities to advance the story (although I do think their quotes are all annoying as hell). In BO1 we had Richtofen work his way into control of the zombies. In BO2 we have a guy (Stu) that is able to hear the man in control (because of his exposure to 115). This exposure was hinted at through quotes back in Tranzit. If Treyarch had deviated from their original plans, I don't think it was anything major. I think the story is still going in the direction of what they had originally planned. We still have DLC 4 to find out just what Richtofen (or Maxis, given that we now have a choice) has planned. And the possession of Stu (or whatever you want to call it) will play a giant role in our last map.

If in fact I'm wrong and the old crew does return, than it will be a complete mind-f**k, and in that case, yes, I believe some screws are loose in the minds of the Treyarch folk. I don't see them not giving us closure on the O4 and then doing the same with the N4...never know though. Can't we just wait to see what we have left? Then we can decide if it was a failure or not.

AmbeRose

Zombies moved to a multiplayer engine for a reason...BO3 will have the old characters and the new characters in the same map. I can hear all the naw sayers now, but if what im told is correct, If you play the game battlefield its the same concept with the new XBOX ONE-PS4 engines taking it from 32 players to 64 players. The map size will double or even triple what they are now. BO2 is in thoery a beta to BO3 which brough grief ( 8 players) and tranzits type map (larger scales) and there saving the good maps for BO3 instead of wasting them on BO2 which is again just a beta.

Quick side note: The next maps opening cut scene should show you the new characters be teleported but you won't see where (leaves you hanging til next game and up to speculation) and it will catch up to where the old characters have been. The New characters have been teleported to another 935 facility similar to der riese.

McmikeZr1

the new crew annoys me

iplay2slay

I could be very wrong about all of this but this is one of the main reasons I believe there either could be A.) Two zombie maps left , or B.) They are going to make two maps in one w/ playable characters as being the old & the new crew...  Anyways, either way they are going to need like a 10 minute intro cutscene to fill everyone in on what the hell is going on...

ratchetdude231

hasn't the new crew technically been dead all along in buried you go to round infinity and you have to find your body's and once you finish the rictofin easter you get to keep your perks when you go down personally i wouldn't be surprised if they bring back the old characters and the next map pack turns into a zombies only map were you get 4 zombie maps that are all connected and they can be played as transit you know kinda like green run  the rumor of their being a 5th map pack could be real

surfer1000

actually i like the new characters, even though we all miss the old ones im not sure why Russman, Misty, Marlton and Samuel are receiving so much hate, im a curious to see how there storyline fits together.

First of all, it is possible that treyarch had planned for russman to pick Marlton up in nuketown and then changed the storyline and that is why you hear Marltons voice and the bus honking, however i believe because nuketown and tranzit are close, maybe the sound of the bus in nuketown is russman passing by nuketown traveling towards tranzit (Marlton gets to town some other way meeting Misty on the way)

I also believe that the picture shown in the die rise cut scene is not samuel eating flesh, it is actually a picture of him as a zombie. I believe this because Samuel is always talking about a conspiracy and eating flesh doesnt quite work with the idea of a conspiracy and Samuels quotes. This theory might also have something to do with his connection with rictofen, possibly rictofen fixed him/gave him the cure?maybe? Samuel mentions he cant tell the others about the flesh otherwise they would kill him, although eating zombie flesh is gross and its not worth killing him over, however if he used to be a zombie, personally i would not trust samuel.

but those are just my theories. i want to know what broken arrow is, any ideas?

someone also mentioned a 5th map pack, this cant be real because in the description for the bo2 season pass, it says there is only 4 map packs, unfortunately

last of all, i reckon the last zombies map will be at the rift that is mentioned several times, and the easter egg will wrap everything up like moon depending on which easter eggs people have been completing.

thanks

surfer1000

actually i like the new characters, even though we all miss the old ones im not sure why Russman, Misty, Marlton and Samuel are receiving so much hate, im a curious to see how there storyline fits together.

First of all, it is possible that treyarch had planned for russman to pick Marlton up in nuketown and then changed the storyline and that is why you hear Marltons voice and the bus honking, however i believe because nuketown and tranzit are close, maybe the sound of the bus in nuketown is russman passing by nuketown traveling towards tranzit (Marlton gets to town some other way meeting Misty on the way)

I also believe that the picture shown in the die rise cut scene is not samuel eating flesh, it is actually a picture of him as a zombie. I believe this because Samuel is always talking about a conspiracy and eating flesh doesnt quite work with the idea of a conspiracy and Samuels quotes. This theory might also have something to do with his connection with rictofen, possibly rictofen fixed him/gave him the cure?maybe? Samuel mentions he cant tell the others about the flesh otherwise they would kill him, although eating zombie flesh is gross and its not worth killing him over, however if he used to be a zombie, personally i would not trust samuel.

someone also mentioned a 5th map pack, this cant be real because in the description for the bo2 season pass, it says there is only 4 map packs, unfortunately

last of all, i reckon the last zombies map will be at the rift that is mentioned several times, and the easter egg will wrap everything up like moon depending on which easter eggs people have been completing.

thanks

surfer1000

thanks

surfer1000

thanks

surfer1000

First of all, it is possible that treyarch had planned for russman to pick Marlton up in nuketown and then changed the storyline and that is why you hear Marltons voice and the bus honking, however I believe because nuketown and tranzit are close, maybe the sound of the bus in nuketown is russman passing by nuketown traveling towards tranzit (Marlton gets to town some other way meeting Misty on the way)

I also believe that the picture shown in the die rise cut scene is not samuel eating flesh, it is actually a picture of him as a zombie. I believe this because Samuel is always talking about a conspiracy and eating flesh doesn't quite work with the idea of a conspiracy and Samuels quotes. This theory might also have something to do with his connection with rictofen, possibly rictofen fixed him/gave him the cure?maybe? Samuel mentions he cant tell the others about the flesh otherwise they would kill him, although eating zombie flesh is gross and its not worth killing him over, however if he used to be a zombie, personally I would not trust samuel.

thanks

surfer1000

First of all, it is possible that treyarch had planned for russman to pick Marlton up in nuketown and then changed the storyline and that is why you hear Marltons voice and the bus honking, however I believe because nuketown and tranzit are close, maybe the sound of the bus in nuketown is russman passing by nuketown traveling towards tranzit (Marlton gets to town some other way meeting Misty on the way)

I also believe that the picture shown in the die rise cut scene is not samuel eating flesh, it is actually a picture of him as a zombie. I believe this because Samuel is always talking about a conspiracy and eating flesh doesn't quite work with the idea of a conspiracy and Samuels quotes. This theory might also have something to do with his connection with rictofen, possibly rictofen fixed him/gave him the cure?maybe? Samuel mentions he cant tell the others about the flesh otherwise they would kill him, although eating zombie flesh is gross and its not worth killing him over, however if he used to be a zombie, personally I would not trust samuel.

thanks

JamiSan

without listing all my reasons, Iwsill just say, thatI think we  STILL have to wait to find out what REALLY "happened"

Remember we are dealing with time/space alterations

i think it is possible thatwhichever endgame we chose is NOT necesarily "what happens"  But thatit will be a hodgepodge of "aether-worldy" events that may "contradict" the linear story we thought we knew.

I still am holding out hope of it all coming together just as it was originally conceived. Every DLC so far has added to the story (in some way) and DOES seem to be going where we (DBZ and others) thought it would from day one.

I too worry thatthey have abandoned ship over at treyarch. But we kept saying lets see what the next map holds...and now that we are one map away from the end of BO2...I will give them the benefit of the doubt untill it is over and finished...then I may scream in ellation or agony.