22 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2013 3:57 PM by steveo_Evil RSS

Do you like Buried better than MOTD?

mikeboy30

Things you like and not like about Buried.

• Re: Do you like Buried better than MOTD?
    KaiserEclipse

I wouldn't compare those two maps, MOTD being the hardest map, - and buried being buried.

Well, MOTD has it's own (amazing) storyline, and Buried - well wow it's easy. Just the being able to make the box stay there forever? Dang.

I love both. Can't choose.

Foxop

MotD the hardest? What version of that mep were you playing? That map is incredibly easy.

In response to OP, I think I prefer Buried. It's aimed more at camping, whereas MotD is aimed at running in circles. I find camping to be more fun, personally.

KaiserEclipse

I would look it up, sure personally for you it's easy, but Treyarch tried to make MOTD the hardest map known to Black Ops 2. I find it more annoying then hard, able to get the starter pistol in the box? The warden has RPG logic? (When you stay in one place and grind points), crawlers have hard attacks, etc. They just went a tad bit futher to change/add small things to make this the hardest map.

Niek12

What are you talking about ? You can't get the starting pistol in the box, I have no idea what you mean with the warden has RPG logic but the warden is easy to kill, crawlers have the same damage as always ?

MOTD was the easiest map, the shield, hells redeemer and the upgraded acid gat made you pretty much invinsible and you can't ever run out of ammo.

Also, Treyarch said in one of their trailers for MOTD that it was going to be a map easy to play for both new and experienced players..

Gheb13

I think MotD is one of the best zombies maps we've had to date, but Buried is pretty good too. I just prefer MotD to Buried. One of the problems I have with Buried is that there isn't that much to do on the map. You build all the buildables, open the doors, get all the perks, get the best guns, pack-a-punch said guns, and then hold out. That's it. In MotD there was always something to do. You could do all of that, plus build the plane, get the free Blundergat, get the Hell's Retriever, get the Hell's Redeemer, get the Golden Spork, and you had all of those Afterlife puzzles to contend with. There seemed like there was always an objective and you couldn't reach it on the first round, unlike in Buried.

Another problem I have is that Buried seems a little too camper friendly. Don't get me wrong, I love camping in zombies, I prefer it to training as I think it is more fun and challenging. But I always like to have variety as sometimes I feel like switching my strategy up. Aside from outside the jailhouse, the saloon, and maybe in the middle of the maze, training isn't all that easy on Buried. There are dozens of camping spots sure, but you need some more variety. MotD had pretty much equal camping spots as it did training spots which is always a good thing to have.

One last flaw is the Easter egg. The only thing I liked about doing it was the infinity round, I thought that was pretty interesting actually. Other than that, I hated everything. I hate how we need 4 people to do Easter eggs, I hate the sharpshooter section, and the reward is pointless when you already have the tombstone persistent perk. MotD's Easter egg is actually one of my favorites. You only really need two people to do it (as long as someone is The Weasel,) the steps aren't hard or annoying in the slightest, and the reward is something we couldn't get otherwise.

tl;dr version: Buried doesn't have a lot to do, is too camper friendly, and the Easter egg is terrible.

xtour55

whats the point of an easy easter egg? you get no in game reward for MotD and its boring. i will admit that the sharpshooter step can be annoying and doesnt bear any relavance to the story, but at least its challenging.

the only difference in MotD is you can contunie to take the plane to the brigde. once you get everything else done its the same as buried.

to the OP. MotD is absolutely the easiest map in BO2. i mean you are able to obtain a melee weapon thats 1 hit till round 34. after that the hells redeemer is a 1 hit till you die. not to mention there are multiple spots with the same wall gun available.

for me buried is the best dlc on bo2. i agree its easy but there is a fair amount of objectives to accomplish. for me i try to blaze through rounds as fast as possible till round 20. thats when you have to start paying attention. it has some great camping spots and some good training spots. i think its a balanced map for 4 people to play. plus i love the chalk. its got some great weapons to choose and you can place them where your spot is.

only complaint i have about buried is the zombie spawns. they are way off balanced and if your not training/camping by jugg, you will have half the zombies of everyone else.

Gheb13

The Easter egg should make me want to do it more than one time. Why would I waste my time with Buried's Easter egg when I know that it is going to be a pain to do, and I'm not going to get a good reward out of it? I wouldn't mind if that sharpshooter section was challenging and fun, but it's not fun. It's tedious. The TranZit Maxis side Easter egg is another example of it being challenging, and not fun. The reward we got for doing the MotD Easter egg, is worth it for the difficulty of the Easter egg. MotD's Easter egg wasn't that hard, so we don't get anything too spectacular. But we do get something we couldn't get unless we did the Easter egg, unlike in Buried. As for the MotD Easter egg being boring, you can't tell me that going 3v1 on the GG Bridge isn't fun. I even enjoyed following the paths of audio logs so we got to learn more about the characters during the Easter egg. In TranZit, Die Rise, and Buried we don't get any of that.

Yes, once you get everything else done it is the same as Buried. But in Buried you can get everything done in round 1 if you really wanted to, which a lot of people do. MotD gives you objectives you couldn't finish on round one, which I think is far better.

Killbook

I agree with everything you just said, I couldn't have said it better myself!

erikas420

I'm on PS3 so can't compare, but Motd for me was the most BORING and FRUSTRATING map to play from BO2 so far.
    When Die Rise released, I could play it for hours and hours, when I die I would start a new match trying to get a better record. But Motd... I don't know... I played a match and got bored very quickly.. you need to do a lot of stuff before you can kill zombies how you want, and then it becomes easy to get to high rounds and my head just hurts from it.
    But that's just me.

To all who play buried I am going to topping the solo leaderboards hopefully

LORD_GRRR

I prefer buried.

MOTD was fun as well, but I love the creativity offered by the time bomb, buildables, and the Huckleberry.  There are simply more ways to experience the thrill of killing zombies.

Buried to me is like that college blow-off class everbody took for easy credit.  While no one has any legit bragging rights for conquering this map because it's so easy, it's still nice to have a map to blow off some steam with after playing some of the other "upper level" zombie courses.

Straight from the zombie course catalog:

Bus Depot = Calculus

Buried = Basket Weaving 101

shadowwalker831

I like Buried better because you aren't forced into one or two strategies like MotD. It seems like both maps were designed more for camping though. I wish there would be more space available for training, although I do like that the spots aren't perfect which makes you have to work harder to stay free of error.

I think the traps and paralyzer are a little much though and make camping almost anywhere on the map easy.

timelordalex

MOTD lacks longevity and replayability, i prefer Buried, more challenging than MOTD and like Shnagri-La, tis one of my favourite maps, MOTD i did think was the best till Buried. I'm glad we got the Paralyser, it was long time coming, we havent had an instakill WW since BO1, and all maps previously dont have a true WW, which is probs where the RGM2 fits in id imagine, if we have an SMR and War Machine in the box, then we need WWs like the thundergun and paralyser to counter it

GulfCoastGirl

mikeboy30 wrote:

Things you like and not like about Buried.

I like Buried way  more than MOTD.  I love all the stuff Huckleberry can do, love the free perk rounds, love having all 7 perks, love the persistent perks (especially the one that lets you keep perks after a down), love placing wall weapons where we want them, love that PAP isn't a PITA to get to, love the new guns and most of all.... I just love the theme and look of the map.

Only one thing I can't stand about the map and that's the Sharpshooter round of the EE.  Thank god it's over..... I still have nightmares about it

TheBluemander

I like MOTD better than Buried, but I like both of them. Mob of the Dead just had ideas that I liked more than Buried did. Also "Tombstone" and Flopper made Buried a bit easier than I'd have liked.

Ells145

buried has a few spawn glitches but o like it way more then motd as there is alot more gameplay to it you get bored of it less when your playing and things take time if you dont use the bank and stuff on motd  it was all easy and could be done by round 15.

I loved the eerie, hellish landscape of MOTD and the zombies were actually scary. To me it was the best visually designed map, but that  was about it. It seems like they put so much into the visuals, but not into the objects collision detection(or lack of). I'd can't say how many times I would be running my train then I would get stuck on some random debris my character should be able to walk over and get trapped while reloading. Then don't even get me started on Electric Cherry and how it could have been a good perk, but it was just so under powered. Now add the lack of a bank, Mule kick (why would was  dead shot in there instead?), the annoyance of getting trapped while obtaining parts, Brutus destroying everything and then on top of all that the lack of players that knew what they were doing. It was horrible.

So with that said Buried is hands down my new fav. Far surpassing DR, Nuketown and Tranzit. The new weapons are great, the ability to set up wall guns to your liking, Vulture is the the greatest perk since Jug. If used correctly it can be like having invincibility. There are so many places to run trains and when tired or just  felling lazy you can camp and still make it to high rounds. The easy free perks and perma tombstone! XD Then there is Leroy/Huckleberry, w/e you wanna call him. He is the best character ever. Funnier than T.E.D.D and more helpful than most teammates. He holds crawlers, finds and locks down the box, gets you money, opens paths, etc. Tho I almost want to complain about it being to easy, now. That would be my only complaint if Tranzit and Mob didn't screw me over so many times. Also being able to easily get 2k+ in kills and going down only once or twice a game has helped me finally get my knife.

timelordalex

Yeah Electric is UP and useless past round 15, should've been an insta shocker, the bank i didnt feel it was necessary, i wish Mule Kick would've been in it aswell as PHD, but i liked deadshot being included, in Cell Block anyway, your quote on Leroy being more useful than most teammates made me lol, because its true

I love buried like I do every zombie map, but it is an incredibly difficult map to train on.  And then it becomes INCREDIBLY easy to camp on.  I love the addition of all the new perma perks which makes buried a great map.  Phd was a great addition (and I think absolutely necessary to train incertain parts of the map) and some of the new p-perks are fun to obtain.  I like the wonder weapon on both maps.  But like someone mentioned above, there is a lack of things to do.  In MOTD, hell even tranzit, there are more things to do.  The one plus about buried is the abilitiy to get free perks and 2, even3, in a single round if you know the trick.  But with this new persitent perk called tombstone or whatever its called, I see myself sticking to the o4 perks anyways because if I go down I want to get my QR back as soon as possible.

TeamKillerMAC

I love Buried. In my opinion, I thought Mob of the Dead sucked and it was one of worst maps in BOII.

Buried along with Die Rise and Nuketown are my favorite zombie maps in this game.

steveo_Evil

I prefer buried even though it is a campers paradise. if they fixed the spawning issues with zombies it would be fine as the map has many places to hold down and they get fairly hectic.

Motd was good until you learned everything about the map then it was easy. was nice on day one seeing all those 10+ downs everybody had though . Nowadays it is more of a map I would play when drinking with mates as it brings the rage out of anyone.