46 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2013 1:06 PM by iHuntU RSS

How to solve the camper issue

HaMiSoN

The way i see it camping is boosting and i hate that little childen trying to get bloodthristys and one shot kills can just lay there and kill me time after time when im so close to my high streaks, medals or challenges.

So i suggest a "Camper" report button that will put the camper on probation for 10 minutes (kind of like how league probation works).

This wont stop all campers but it will hopefully piss off most of them to the limit that they will stop camping.

This probably wont happen due to the report system doesnt work but if it does some how get noticed and put into the game ill be quite happy.

Let me know what you think of this idea and please dont post any negative comments

• Re: How to solve the camper issue
    eRr0R_6_

bad idea, camping is not an issue, it s a legit play style, by your logic it should be fair then to have a report button for the run and gun play style

then everyone can just get reported for playing the game  period

Izjar11

The way i see it camping is boosting

hahaha camping is boosting, you dont say. (this has fail written all over it)

little childen trying to get bloodthristys and one shot kills can just lay there and kill me time after time when im so close to my high streaks, medals or challenges.

So you would rather have them standing in front of you to kill easily? Wouldn't you rather have to fight for your kills and force yourself to figure our how to be better? No.. I know. you want easy kills and to be able to boost how good your are.

So i suggest a "Camper" report button that will put the camper on probation for 10 minutes (kind of like how league probation works).

Fail is an understatement on this idea

This wont stop all campers but it will hopefully piss off most of them to the limit that they will stop camping.

This probably wont happen due to the report system doesnt work but if it does some how get noticed and put into the game ill be quite happy.

Let me know what you think of this idea and please dont post any negative comments

The fact that you think "camping" is the problem is in fact the problem. Stop looking at it as so, take a different approach, learn what spots are mostly used, fight back (yes dying is part of the game) but one LEARNS things along the way.

Im sorry I know you will find this "negative" because its not what you want to hear, but you write things here you will get various responses (like it or not).

BanHaMMer

Izjar11 wrote:

hahaha camping is boosting, you dont say. (this has fail written all over it)

little childen trying to get bloodthristys and one shot kills can just lay there and kill me time after time when im so close to my high streaks, medals or challenges.

So you would rather have them standing in front of you to kill easily? Wouldn't you rather have to fight for your kills and force yourself to figure our how to be better? No.. I know. you want easy kills and to be able to boost how good your are.

Fail is an understatement on this idea

The fact that you think "camping" is the problem is in fact the problem. Stop looking at it as so, take a different approach, learn what spots are mostly used, fight back (yes dying is part of the game) but one LEARNS things along the way.

Im sorry I know you will find this "negative" because its not what you want to hear, but you write things here you will get various responses (like it or not).

T'was ego~ly awaiting this ^^ reply/post, and you did me let me down

TheBeastlyDude

As error_6_ said, camping isn't an issue. I think you are better off trying to figure out how to counter the style than run to activision and whine that you can't win every gun fight.

SLehtinen

Camping is not in itself a problem.

Once you know they're there you can just avoid them and if everybody does that then it's like you're playing 1 man up. The camper will come out eventually or they'll essentially be taking themselves out of the game.

Or flank them and bombard them with grenades, C4, smoke, shocks, whatever. They'll die or get pissed.

If the team I'm on has any sense, it's usually easy to beat a single camper or a group of them. There's nothing worse in an FPS than letting everybody know where you'll be.

rcaluw

i wouldn't go as far as calling camping an exploit, but it is certainly not fair, nor legit. the game was not designed for camping. if everyone camps, there is no game, if everybody rng's, the game only gets more fun.

Alky6

What if my idea of fun is different than yours?  You want me to change my ways to please you?

Izjar11

rcaluw wrote:

i wouldn't go as far as calling camping an exploit, but it is certainly not fair, nor legit. the game was not designed for camping. if everyone camps, there is no game, if everybody rng's, the game only gets more fun.

Who says its not legit? Where is it written that WAR is fair! Dude I am surprised how much ignorance is given to a simple word! You and the OP act as if what you do is the only way to play the game. WAKE UP.

TheBeastlyDude

Rcaluw, why don't you buy my game and then you can tell me how to play. No where has the designers of the game ever said that they don't want you to camp. In fact, they designed maps with areas to head glitch, corners to sit in, and areas to look underneath vehicles. 

2200rms

I really cant stand campers myself, thats why I maily stick to FFA.  Way less campers.  I would just like for once to hear an answer to your statement from all the camping defenders.  They probably wont though.  How could it be considered a valid playstyle when If everyone did it there would be no game.  The match would just time out.  Isnt that evidence enough that it is a BS playstyle

BanHaMMer

Phail

Kothar44

if there is nothing but headless chickens the game is reduced to connection and reflexes.  No reason to corner check, pre-fire, move cover to cover etc. Just put on light weight, endurance,  a TAC 45 and use a rubber band on the sprint button.  The ONLY excitment is an actual gun fight, and once you know who has the better connection and reflexes, even that becomes pointless.

phxs72

Does anyone know how to say stupid in a non-negative way?  How about it's a fabulous idea but due to technical difficulties we would like for you to consider another option.  Perhaps you'd prefer playing on our new maps that are just one big empty room and your enemies all glow bright orange so that you won't have any trouble seeing them?  But wait there's more, we are also throwing in a 5 second firing delay on the enemy team and giving you automatic mag replenishment (no reloading needed) to give you the best chance to get your high scorestreaks before someone can defend themselves.  I think that is about as positive as I can get but thank you for this "fabulous" idea which has graciously exhibited a level of intellegence that is remarkably difficult to find in society.

ghamorra

Here's an idea, PAY ATTENTION TO WHERE YOU'RE RUNNING

Boom, problem solved. NEXT!

theroc23

Wow! The "me, me, me" self righteous attitude that some if these crybabies have is beyond pathetic. Get a clue. No offense, but what gives you the impression that your status on this earth gives you the right to tell others how they should be playing? Just because you personally don't like it and can't beat it doesn't make it wrong. The only thing wrong here is you. Just saying...

rlbl

HaMiSoN wrote:

...can just lay there and kill me time after time when im so close to my high streaks, medals or challenges.

Circular Logic Plug:

So... if you were not close to a medal or challenge, I guess all would be fine in your world.

HaMiSoN wrote:

So I guess nobody can disagree with you in your world...

mdm123456789

HaMiSoN wrote:

This is just dumb.

HaMiSoN wrote:

i hate that little childen trying to get bloodthristys and one shot kills can just lay there and kill me time after time when im so close to my high streaks, medals or challenges.

So it's ok for you to get your streaks and/or challenges but not anyone else?

Sounds legit.

HaMiSoN wrote:

Once again, stupid

HaMiSoN wrote:

This is why reporting people doesn't do any good now. People like you who wanna report anything they don't agree with

HaMiSoN wrote:

This is just stupid.

MrZombieClowns

How is it that camping is boosting?

TheBeastlyDude

If you are brain dead and keep running around in the same areas where a camper killed you and you keep going back there, expecting a different result, without changing up any piece of your strategy, I suppose the brain dead player is somewhat helping the camper boost.

Mybigbadboy

Real men be careful and camp alittle to find out where u guys r ands thanks to u guys running around like idiots being kill quickly. Also Camper u call it watch the team back and hold the fort down (where we like to respawn). So ur the boy that runs around like an idoit and we continuing to win! Tell GOD to whack,suck and kiss mybigbadboy!!! with evil sound...

ChestSplittah

What can we do about people making threads about the issue. What do you suggest?

sennalike

I don't camp but posts like this just make me want to.

rkms0499

"campers have no skill!"......but the fact that you can't root them out and kill them.....what does that say about YOUR skills as a player?

Incredible........

I69dolphinz

Totally agree

Alky6

This anti-camper mentality is getting kinda widespread. Of the thousands and thousands of players on BO2, only a tiny portion come to the forums here to see what the consensus is, all they hear is the constant ranting in the lobbies by people like the OP, so they accept that as the truth, and join the chorus.

Worst part of that is that they want to somehow police it during a match and will either shoot you (HC) or harass the sh!t out of you until an enemy comes along and shoots both of you for a nice juicy double kill.

It's a waste of time because it doesn't count as a death or a kill for the shooter, but he's one step closer to a kick. The only thing it affects is your scorestreak, if you were close to getting a bloodthirsty, the wannabe camper cop just screwed that up 

ChestSplittah

http://www.arthursclipart.org/children/boysbw/spank.gif

Cross_Fire31

its a bad idea its like a technique for getting challenges in gun camos (that's what i do for bloodthirsty medals) but sometimes its pretty annoying to get killed multiple times by a camper

theroc23

Also...if you don't like campers you should try TDM where almost NO ONE camps. I can usualy play 25 or 30 games and count on one hand the total number of players that were interested in anything other than running back and forth between spawn-points as fast as they can and going 17-18 over and over. They may be losesers at heart, usualy evidenced by their refusal to turn it around to 20-15, but they sure as helll arn't camping.

graphitetek

As the OP noted, the Report System doesn't seem to work, since any actions taken in response to reports occur WELL after the fact. They have to make sure there IS an issue before they mete out punishments to protect innocent players from spurious reports issued by butt hurt losers. THESE idiots are clogging and overwhelming the system because in their world, the ONLY way they lost, is by the other guy cheating or hacking....or camping.

I'm sure, that if the OP's  dream came true, and a Camper Report button was added, one with the ability to immediately put that despicable camper on a 10 minute probation, it would not be abused. I'm sure that all those players who scream "CAMPER!" EACH and EVERY time they get killed would ALWAYS watch a replay of the match to ensure they weren't punishing  an innocent player. I'm sure no afore-mentioned butt hurt loser would seek his petty revenge on the player or team who owned him. I'm sure that no trolls would EVER go through the Recent Players list and put 50 people on a timeout at once. I'm sure Activision would welcome the need to up the staff of their Complaint Department a thousand-fold and the ensuing death of the franchise. An absolutely brilliant solution to the camper issue!

On a totally different and unrelated matter, I wish this site had an Idiotic and Ill-conceived Idea Report button...a few of us might have felt the need to press it recently...just saying.

phxs72

lol don't sugar coat it now.  I completely agree with you.  Besides, I thought that the only camper issue was rushers that know how to kill them.  I sure hope that they don't give out probation for rushing or I'm going to have a hard time slowing down. 

Now just to put on a display of more twisted sideways logic since this seems to be what this thread is about, I believe someone (maybe the OP) suggested that camping equates to boosting.  Well if we were to travel down that rabbit hole, wouldn't it mean that a rusher that kills said camper in the same area more than once is also boosting?  He knew exactly where to find him and had a pretty good idea that he could easily win that gunfight before he engaged in it.  Just goes to show you that in a world of stupid thoughts no one is safe.  Nothing good comes from entertaining it.

ChestSplittah

I would literally have started from day one. Repeat threads of ideas, reported. Links of pudding brain ideas, reported.

iHuntU

Camping is a legit play style. Plus, who is to enforce it? How do you know someone is "camping" anyway. I've hid so that I can call in a hellstorm missile. When it's over, I jump up and continue. It so happens that an enemy player ran by when I popped up and I killed him. Is that camping? From his perspective, it might look that way.

You need to deal with camping. Would you rather players just run around at random? Kind of a strange opinion to have. I can only conclude that you're a youngster!

Good luck.