1 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next 135 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2013 6:48 AM by belly120 Go to original post RSS
  • 110. Re: Connectivity Information
    deamonomic

theraven. wrote:

But there is no lag advantage you starbuck and macc have said so there either is or not carn't have it both ways

there is no lag advantage created by the game. that is correct. however, that is not to say that there are 0 situations where creating lag does not give one an advantage. this usually happens by ruining the game for everyone else in the lobby. which is why its not allowed at all.

Im not veyr good at explaining it. Maccabi could probably do a better job. suffice to say, Gimping your connection deliberatly, can, even if you didnt intend to, cause more problems in the game then jsut messing with your connection.

• 111. Re: Connectivity Information
    theraven.

So all thos people on 3 bars are ruining the game and should be banned then

• 112. Re: Connectivity Information
    deamonomic

theraven. wrote:

So all thos people on 3 bars are ruining the game and should be banned then

no thats not what Im saying. there is a difference between your connection to the host being less than ideal, and you deliberatly causing that to happen. By causing it to happen through outside means you can cause MORE problems, problems that wouldnt be occuring with a normal 3 bars. again others can explain this better

• 113. Re: Connectivity Information
    theraven.

Yeah but its just like saying no one els in my home can use the broandband because it will effect my signal but they let people use 3g and 4g very strange

• 114. Re: Connectivity Information
    deamonomic

theraven. wrote:

Yeah but its just like saying no one els in my home can use the broandband because it will effect my signal but they let people use 3g and 4g very strange

really no one should be using it as it will affect your gameplay experience. example: my dad likes to play a flash texas hold em game (card game). its a simple little flash game that should in no way bog down our entire internet. and yet it does just that, 2 bars when he uses that game.

3g and 4g users can get away with it mostly because thats ALL their connection is currently being used for. But what you propose is something else. you are adding in something to gimp your internet. If they were to stream with their 4g while playing that would be the same thing as what you are suggesting. But because their 4g, is focused on their game it shouldnt cause too much of an issue.

What you suggest can cause problems when playing not just for you, but for others in the lobby. you can argue with me on this but the ToS wont change like I said, If you really want to know better, you can ask Maccabi or better yet you can ask MS directly.

• 115. Re: Connectivity Information
    SitRepPro

How can it be considered cheating by gimping your connection?  Is this implying that players with naturally gimped connections are benefiting from lag compensation?  If they're not then it's not cheating.  Sure it can be the lobbies pretty bad for everyone, not denying that.

• 116. Re: Connectivity Information
    deamonomic

SitRepPro wrote:

How can it be considered cheating by gimping your connection?  Is this implying that players with naturally gimped connections are benefiting from lag compensation?  If they're not then it's not cheating.  Sure it can be the lobbies pretty bad for everyone, not denying that.

I think the ToS was aimed more people cause entire lobbies to 1 bar and things like that, but they decided to take a no exceptions stand with it.

its a difficult subject. No they are not benifiting from "lag compensation" and I dont know all of it myself, But from what I do know, when players Gimp their connection its usually at the expense of others in the lobby, as in causes everyone to lag, or somehow gives them that special kind of lag that makes the difficult to hit (rare lag). Those situations need to be avoided, the game has enough issues without the fanbase deliberatly causing them.

im sorry im doing a terrible job of explaining this. I have never been good at explenations.

• 117. Re: Connectivity Information
    SitRepPro

deamonomic wrote:

really no one should be using it as it will affect your gameplay experience.

That's what I used to say.  So long as players use shared conenctions with resources that alter latency of games online then it's always going to be there.  I don't know if this is still allowed but I imagine some kid downloading some saucy videos using the BitTorrent protocol during game play will be a more widespread issue than someone going out of their way to gimp their connection in the belief that it will give them an advantage/even the playing field.  How do you know if kids downloading saucy videos are doing it delierately to gimp their connection?  Might be their older brother...........or sister even.

• 118. Re: Connectivity Information
    TheOSUistheSHIZ

Yo bro Im hopping on league right now if youre down.

• 119. Re: Connectivity Information
    deamonomic

TheOSUistheSHIZ wrote:

Yo bro Im hopping on league right now if youre down.

I can be on in like an hour  to 45 min, have to clean atm... why they are demanding that we all clean right now? well... one person saw a specific insect in the garage and is freaking out >.>. im on break for the moment cause i was getting sick. I need to get back and help out with what I can.