30 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2013 4:43 AM by Bielsalmighty RSS

BO2 needs a Gun pack

RevelationRmx

If Treyarch were to bring a gun pack with some guns that are with using and getting, then I would definitely buy it. I haven't purchased none of the map packs due to i feel there is no need to, in my opinion Black ops 2 already have too many maps with nothing but buildings and camp spots not to mention the Target finder sight that majority of people and clans getting carried by. Back to the topic at hand, bring some new upgraded guns like for example:

 

Ump 45 my personal favorite SMG

Intervention- Everybody that sniped will love this sniper

Desert Eagle- My favorite and most sexiest Pistol

Spas 12 from MW2- My other Personal favorite that I would use the whole game

 

I believe this four guns would change my outlook of Black ops 2, because you finally have some guns on the game that is actually worth getting and using.

 

To any comments.. No Im not hating on Treyarch due to there isn't anything to hate on; however, from the 2 or 3 days I have put in on BO2 I feel as if they spent more time focusing on what fancy gadgets they can use and put on your gun, instead of making about people using their guns and not depending on fancy attachments. The whole being able to hipfire perfectly and being killed by someone who just pre-fires and hip fires around a corner, while Im aiming down shooting at u is retarded.

 

This is only my suggestion for a brand new gun pack with some real good and well known weapons.

 

Sincerely,

iv C O L D

  • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
    trialstardragon

    There will be no gun packs in this game ever. The devs and teh majority of players do not wnat this game to be a pay to win system. it has been said there by the devs there will be no more mp guns in this game.

     

    plus the guns you listed are from IW not 3arc and this is a 3arc game.

    • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
      SitRepPro

      trialstardragon wrote:

       

      plus the guns you listed are from IW not 3arc and this is a 3arc game.

       

      lol I remember you said that about Kill Confirmed.  Look what happened.

    • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
      WKMMS

      trialstardragon wrote:

       


      The devs and teh majority of players do not wnat this game to be a pay to win system.

       

      Absolutely, and as Vahn said it, it was one and done in BO2.

       

      I don't think it has to be a pay to win system at all.  The Peacekeeper is a good gun, but you're hardly at a disadvantage for not having it.  I haven't used it in months and I'm doing just fine. 

       

      From a business point of view it would be a great revenue maker.  Weapon camos have proved hugely popular. I have to think that fresh weapons would be an infinitely more attractive purchase and a good way to refresh the game and keep more people playing for longer, which gives a bigger market and better chance for customer uptake of further micro-transactions.

       

      I'm sure we've both seen enough of those "bring back this gun" threads to know that there's definitely an appetite for this within the commuinty.  If they could find a way to deliver this, without negatively impacting weapon balance, it could be a huge success

      • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
        trialstardragon

        The weapons would not be of much use then if they were barely any different than what is in the game. As you notice the one listed by the OP are the ones that were generally considered OP in that game by many players. So what the OP is wanting is easy guns aka no skill guns.

        • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
          RevelationRmx

          Actually I dont want easy guns, I wwould like to see better balanced guns and those that I mentioned are way better balanced then the gund BO2 have now.....

           

          You talk about easy guns; however, The AN-94,M8, and MSMC are the easy guns on this game......

          • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
            ItzMeMario

            You just want your "Favorite" guns in BO 2......nope. Learn to play with the guns you have, Adapt, and win

          • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
            vims1990

            You talk about adding "gun packs" yet you refuse to the other weapons in the game.

             

            Just by looking at your COD Elite profile, you barely use most of the other weapons apart from the MSMC so aren't you one of those players who uses the "easy weapons".

             

            Point is why ask for weapon DLC when there 15+ weapons you barely use in the game already? You can't really make the statement that most of the weapons in the game are "weak" when you don't use them yourself.

             

            I've got Diamond camo on the Assault Rifles, SMGs and Shotguns and I can you right now that they aren't all completely useless.

             

            The weapons you mentioned are all in previous IW COD titles so revisit the older COD titles if you miss them so badly.

      • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
        Bielsalmighty

        In Core, I make you right on that one. However in HC I'd go so far as to call it somewhat OP'd....

    • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
      RevelationRmx

      Actaully Treyarch copyed off of other games and just renamed them into a what u think is a fancy new gun....For example:

       

      MK-48 came from Tom Clancy Rainbow Six

      AN-94 bka the Ak 47 the only new thing different is the barrel on the AN-94 retracts in and out when shooting, instead of the whole gun kicking like the AK 47 does.. So when ur using the AN 94 there's little to no recoil..

      Five-Seven came from Splinter Cell Conviction and MW3

      The Tac-45 bka the USP.45 from Infinitywards COD

      M-27 came from the M4A1 from MW2

      Tar-21 came from the real Tar-21 from MW2, they just gave it a new look which in my opinion looks HORRIBLE...

      DSR 50 bka as the Barett .50 Cal from MW2

      • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
        Megadog14

        Actually, all of those are real guns. For example, heres the DSR- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSR-50

      • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
        Rogue_Convict

        You sir, are retarded.  MK48, actual gun which is newer, and will probably still be used in 2025.  Tac 45, new version of the Colt 1911, not the USP.  DSR 50, predicted future version of the DSR1, which is real, and never used by infinity ward.  MTAR, is an actual gun, not the Tar.  It is the newer version.  M27, modeled of the M27.  AN-94, not an AK remake.  A newer, replacement for the AK.  Currently the longest range Assault rifle on the planet.  Five seven is also a newer gun, will likely be the designated pistol of the US by 2025. 

  • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
    ItzMeMario

    Yeah we had this discussion before, would be nice if they took like 1 gun from each class, AR, Sniper, SMG, LMG and RPG and tossed it into a gun pack, but yeah they did the whole peacekeeper as a gift, after that whole thing they said no more gun DLC, just gonna get maps and micro dlc. The maps aren't that bad, the reskins are annoying but other than that lol

  • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

    And how do you propose separating those who bought it from those who didn't.

     

    Or, perhaps, to encourage even more money grubbing, have them release one purchasable gun per week in the next title.  That way, you can be duped into thinking you're getting new weapons. 

    • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
      ItzMeMario

      Well not everyone has the Peacekeeper right? You can buy any DLC, you dont HAVE to buy revolution, say you buy just Vengence. No Peacekeeper. So they can obviously determine who has the gun dlc and who doesnt. Who pre orderd Ghosts? Not me, but some chum did so he gets the special camo

       


      I think someone explained it like this.

       

       

       

      We all have the DLC on our discs, but once you get that code, you unlock the dlc. The Key opens the camos and such. If you dont buy the DLC, you no buy the code no code, no key. Get it?

  • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
    NoLifeKing29

    Seems like you just need to go back to MW2, suggesting they add the most OP weapons from that game and all. The Deagle would be worthless in this game btw, even at its best it would prolly be the 4th best pistol.

  • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
    nicedrewishfela

    Why would you want to go backwards? Bring back guns that have been used already? Why not at least ask for something we've never seen before?

     

    This is why this game series can't move forward, it keeps having folks like the OP drag it backwards.

    • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
      deamonomic

      nicedrewishfela wrote:

       

      Why would you want to go backwards? Bring back guns that have been used already? Why not at least ask for something we've never seen before?

       

      This is why this game series can't move forward, it keeps having folks like the OP drag it backwards.

      I will agree with that with the expception of the occasobal reskinned map.

      • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
        nicedrewishfela

        I just think it gimps the Devs. We don't get cool new stuff because we allow them to be stuck in the past.

         

        I wonder how many cool ideas are on the cutting room floor because they were mandated to re-skin an old map. It is a shame.

        • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
          deamonomic

          nicedrewishfela wrote:

           

          I just think it gimps the Devs. We don't get cool new stuff because we allow them to be stuck in the past.

           

          I wonder how many cool ideas are on the cutting room floor because they were mandated to re-skin an old map. It is a shame.

          honestly, I would say very few. Like I have said while they are rerelasing reskinned maps, its not like thats all they are doing, far from it infact we are getting quite a bit more new content then old. I understand that some feel that their time could be better spent elsewhere, but thats always the case on anything they do, someone will think they made a bad choice. Personally I like the old maps. I had fun on them. why wouldnt I like the chance to do so again?

          • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
            nicedrewishfela

            They became your favorites because they existed. They were awesome in their context.

             

            But we are missing out on the possibility of having new favorites.

          • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
            NoLifeKing29

            They should have called it quits on the reskins after Studio, they werent going to top that awesome reskin job and they certainly fell flat with Summit. All they did with Summit was move some new computers and servers in and called in a thunderstorm to wash the snow away, bam, Uplink!

        • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
          Yppecaye_the_Dogged

          nicedrewishfela wrote:

           

          I just think it gimps the Devs. We don't get cool new stuff because we allow them to be stuck in the past.

           

          I wonder how many cool ideas are on the cutting room floor because they were mandated to re-skin an old map. It is a shame.

          We get plenty of new stuff, they're just not all that cool.  If they have the time for glow in the dark camos, they have plenty of time for more worthwhile, cooler, things.

          • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
            nicedrewishfela

            Glow in the dark Camos which WE, as a Community, voted for. Wise choice <SMH>

             

            They are clever add ons that only really take up the time of a conceptual artist and a programmer.

             

            What worthwhile, cooler things are you referring to?

            • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
              Yppecaye_the_Dogged

              nicedrewishfela wrote:

               

              Glow in the dark Camos which WE, as a Community, voted for. Wise choice <SMH>

               

              They are clever add ons...

              It's clever camouflage is bright orange?  Do you think it hurts or helps in gameplay? 


              As far as voting for it.  I didn't.  Just b/c you're given an option of choosing between two bad ideas, it doesn't mean you actually had a choice.

               

              ...only really take up the time of a conceptual artist and a programmer.

               

              What worthwhile, cooler things are you referring to?

              Well they need to fire x conceptual artists and hire x prgrammers or QC staff.

               

              An effort to spend more time and resources, for example, to catch more cheaters would be more worthwhile, cooler (your word.)  Plus, I'm sure you yourself can think of something about the game's actual gameplay that can use more attention. 

               

              See what I'm getting at? It's about dedication of finite resources. 

  • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
    eRr0R_6_

    well i can say this, im not buying anything.. i bought the game if they are adding the DLC to the game, i should get it for free

     

    i dont want to spend money on a game that is gonna be over and done with in 4 months.. makes no sense unless you plan on going back and playing this peice..

     

    i for one will buy ghost on ps3 i will then sell this game to game stop and wait to see reviews on the new systems

  • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
    Megadog14

    BO2 needs to remove all microtransactions.

  • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
    devidog_kyle

    I wouldn't mind the company re-skinning guns that are in the game, I do enjoy how many of the guns function, but don't care for the iron sits. Maybe re-skin the vector with the UMP or the MP5? That would eliminate the "pay to win" issue, plus give some of us players something more to do.

  • Re: BO2 needs a Gun pack
    Rogue_Convict

    It's funny because you say BOII has too many maps.   But seeing your opinions on guns, you are probalby an IW fan.  In that case, MW3 has the most maps of any CoD ever.  But you probably love that game.