18 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2013 3:38 PM by trialstardragon RSS

Why not make it so you cant shoot while jumping/going prone?

OMFGimJOE

boom, i changed this game back to CoD from Halo.

It's magical!

• Re: Why not make it so you cant shoot while jumping/going prone?
    deamonomic

BOOM no you havent. you have just changed what CoD has ALWAYS BEEN into something it has never been. The only reason people call it halo jumping is because they want something to blame for their death. Might as well ask them to remove strafing as well.

mines super magical

OMFGimJOE wrote:

It's magical!

OMFGimJOE

Blops 2 Lag Compensation + Corners + Halo jumping = fair?

oh right, treyarch can do no wrong. no sir, thats obviously my fault.

deamonomic

OMFGimJOE wrote:

Blops 2 Lag Compensation + Corners + Halo jumping = fair?

oh right, treyarch can do no wrong. no sir, thats obviously my fault.

black ops 2 lag compensation? you mean the same lag compensation thats been in ever CoD since atleast CoD4? oh wait... your one of those lag people. let me guess, you cant prove anything regarding "lag compensation", I only say guess that cause no one who makes similar claims can prove it either. odd... and as far as I know CoD has had corners in it for quite some time.

to sitrep: Jump shotting isnt all its cracked up to be. I still have to aim at you, and I DO suffer an accuracy drop from jumping, even while ADS. I jump shot for one reason, players in most games have trouble tracking you. This is the reason its done so much in Halo. In halo by jumping you decrease the likely hood that they will be able to score hits against your head, which is the MAIN way of killing. In CoD its about center mass. Halo you aim for the head.

myevo8you

WRONG. It is NOT the same lag compensation that has been in all COD games. It has been tweaked ever since COD4 was released on the XBOX 360. The major tweaking happened during the first Black Ops. If you go and play COD4,MW2, MW3, and W@W, (and BO if you were one that didn't have lag issues like me) you can PLAINLY see the difference in the lag compensation coding. For as bad of a game as MW2 was with all the cheaters/hackers/glitchers/modders, the lag compensation was probably as close to perfect as it can be. COD4 will hold a special place in a LOT of players hearts as it is, at it's very core, what 90% of REAL COD players feel the game should be and play like. W@W was VERY close to what MW2 had for the lag compensation as well. Now the first Black Ops is where things got iffy. I myself had ZERO issues with that game as far as lag, and lag compensation go and when I had host pretty much EVERYBODY had 4 bars and the game played FLAWLESS. In MW3 the host side of lag comp made the game totally unplayable for me until it was tweaked near one of the last updates (the one that added HC face off 3V3). In BO2 the lag compensation is wonky at best. I think that it's not just one factor causing it either.

I believe that movement speed, player hitboxes, all the additional textures, camera issues, and just the sheer amount of "extras" that we got crammed into this game made it the way it is. I myself know that any time you play a game online you can expect lag issues, and things like that. What is unacceptable however is that when you are literally putting bullets into a players back as they are standing still and your soldier goes into an automatic reload due to expending their ammo to have the enemy casually turn to kill you INSTANTLY. There have been TONS of documented cases of this and you are fooling yourself if you think this does not happen. 

snorubit

myevo8you wrote:
            The major tweaking happened during the first Black Ops.

Agreed from my experience. Since that title they have intermittently made adjustments via TU that have either benefited or been detrimental to my hit detection as it has to others. It certainly seems as if things have become tougher to find a least common denominator.

As to the drop shotting, jumping technique: I don't do it myself, don't need it. Admittedly somebody may get the "drop" on me initially but once I know I am facing people who use this technique it is completely ineffective and I laugh as I hear the lamentations of the women in the post game lobby.

The irony of taking them to school and hearing them call me a "tryhard" after they spent 6 minutes convulsing around the map is cute.

deamonomic

myevo8you wrote:

WRONG. It is NOT the same lag compensation that has been in all COD games. It has been tweaked ever since COD4 was released on the XBOX 360. The major tweaking happened during the first Black Ops. If you go and play COD4,MW2, MW3, and W@W, (and BO if you were one that didn't have lag issues like me) you can PLAINLY see the difference in the lag compensation coding. For as bad of a game as MW2 was with all the cheaters/hackers/glitchers/modders, the lag compensation was probably as close to perfect as it can be. COD4 will hold a special place in a LOT of players hearts as it is, at it's very core, what 90% of REAL COD players feel the game should be and play like. W@W was VERY close to what MW2 had for the lag compensation as well. Now the first Black Ops is where things got iffy. I myself had ZERO issues with that game as far as lag, and lag compensation go and when I had host pretty much EVERYBODY had 4 bars and the game played FLAWLESS. In MW3 the host side of lag comp made the game totally unplayable for me until it was tweaked near one of the last updates (the one that added HC face off 3V3). In BO2 the lag compensation is wonky at best. I think that it's not just one factor causing it either.

I believe that movement speed, player hitboxes, all the additional textures, camera issues, and just the sheer amount of "extras" that we got crammed into this game made it the way it is. I myself know that any time you play a game online you can expect lag issues, and things like that. What is unacceptable however is that when you are literally putting bullets into a players back as they are standing still and your soldier goes into an automatic reload due to expending their ammo to have the enemy casually turn to kill you INSTANTLY. There have been TONS of documented cases of this and you are fooling yourself if you think this does not happen.

why is it that none of you are capable of showing this?  multiple documented cases? that crap happened in ALL of them. are you talking about the random clips on youtube that show various instances of lag and in no way indicate a problem because they use 1 death out of an entire match? or are you refering the the live gameplays where they claim missing bullets but shows that they were not even aimed at the enemy?  Its called lag. it happens. You guys claim issues out the wazooo but where is your attempt to prove it? Grab your cell phone, record one game where this is happening and upload it. simple, quick and easy, point proven.

Why is it that I and others had issues before BO 1? JUST as many people claim that there were issues there, but just ignore them why dont we. You will be back saying that this game wasnt so bad when ghosts comes out. that one will be the new worst game of all time. until the next release.

how do I know this?  Because people have been saying this crap every dam release since CoD 4! Explain that to me. why is it that if the problem has recently gotten worse have people been claiming that with every single game release?

BU773TPROOF

Ya you know what else is wrong, people being able too look up and down, this should be an on rails shooter. No jumping, no ducking, no moving no thinking.

Really in combat you have to do whatever it takes to escape death, run, jump, duck. ever hear the phrase "hit the deck", did anyone say "hitting the deck is cheap".

All is fair in love and war.

SitRepPro

My only issue with jump shooting and dropshotting is, apaprently, that is deemed a cool feature, a skill if you will.  Meanwhile the reflex blade has been nerfed to smitherines and players complain about BS deaths from previous games.  Really.  The both test your damn reflexes and dropshotting requires one more botton to execute.  Wow.  This is MLG Pro now?  Sign me up.

Since dropshotting gives hipfire spread even if ADS'd it seems silly that jump shotters retain ADS accuracy.  They either both should get hipfire spread or both retain ADS accuracy.

Izjar11

deamonomic wrote:

BOOM no you havent. you have just changed what CoD has ALWAYS BEEN into something it has never been. The only reason people call it halo jumping is because they want something to blame for their death. Might as well ask them to remove strafing as well.

haha very typical from COD players, naming and blaming how they die! Well said deamonomic.

bkblazer

Certainly find it annoying but don't see anything changing. Afterall, your not pro if you don't play like this.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

It's clownish play (take a closer look the next time someone does it and notice how silly it looks.).  But I'd rather they use their time fixing other, more pressing problems. 

trialstardragon

Because those who bunny hop or go prone will cry that you are taking skill out of the game and unfairly limiting how they can play.

Ghosts will be even worse with the slide feature, since you can go prone from slide.

For the record what people do is bunny hop it is no way near what the true Halo jump was about or like in the orignal Halo games.

Halo jumping was not just hopping around the screen all the time, it was exploiting certain map clipping errors that would cause a player to be shot high in to air at certain spots allowing players to get to higher places than normaly was possible. Something not being done in CoD.

What players do in CoD is just the bunny hop of Halo used when straffing side to side to cause players aim to be thrown off because of how aim assist works. Plus bunny hopping in halo would cause certain guns to always get head shots when fired at the right time becuase of how it affected the aim assist.

But yes I agree you should not be able to fire while jumping, nor should you continue to fire while dropping prone. It should disable fire on a hop and pause fire when changting from standing to crouch for a moment and then once again when going from crouch to prone.

But if done everyone that uses either of those tactics will cry to heavens and threaten to boycott the game until it is returned. Same as how people cried about how the yy exploit was changed.

deamonomic

trialstardragon wrote:

Because those who bunny hop or go prone will cry that you are taking skill out of the game and unfairly limiting how they can play.

Ghosts will be even worse with the slide feature, since you can go prone from slide.

For the record what people do is bunny hop it is no way near what the true Halo jump was about or like in the orignal Halo games.

Halo jumping was not just hopping around the screen all the time, it was exploiting certain map clipping errors that would cause a player to be shot high in to air at certain spots allowing players to get to higher places than normaly was possible. Something not being done in CoD.

What players do in CoD is just the bunny hop of Halo used when straffing side to side to cause players aim to be thrown off because of how aim assist works. Plus bunny hopping in halo would cause certain guns to always get head shots when fired at the right time becuase of how it affected the aim assist.

But yes I agree you should not be able to fire while jumping, nor should you continue to fire while dropping prone. It should disable fire on a hop and pause fire when changting from standing to crouch for a moment and then once again when going from crouch to prone.

But if done everyone that uses either of those tactics will cry to heavens and threaten to boycott the game until it is returned. Same as how people cried about how the yy exploit was changed.

I think your refering to super bouncing as I know it. A glitch in halo 2 (I think) where by following certain things and jumping down on a specific point and jumping the moment you landed you would basically and literally sky rocket up into the air. if thats what you refer to then no Halo jumping is different. In halo Players are constantly jumping around. The reason being is Halo is a headshot game, your shots do more damage in the head then the chest. In a gunfight in halo with percision weapons like the BR, it takes too many shots to the chest to kill. Odds are they will shoot you in the head enough to kill you before you can kill them with chest shots. as such Halo jumping evolved to deny enemy players easy headshots and to soak up damage with chest shots.

trialstardragon

What they do in Halo is the bunny hop quick sucessive hops to throw off the players aim. I know and yes the super jump was the original Halo jump. It was called by different names by different people. Yes mainly seen in Halo 2 because of map clipping errors that the maps had in that game. Where if you jumped down at a certain spot you went below the map, the game would recognize this and throw you back out instead of just lifting you back even with the terrain.

Yes it was a tactic used to soak up damage; but it also has a secondary effect that many did not know. In Halo 3 and Halo 4 if you bunny hop and fire at the apex of the hop at the right time it causes your gun to track to the head of the oppent giving an easy head shot.

Many used this becuase of the fact of shields in that game and they did not like how long it took noramlly to kill which was not long really. Just three shots and you could get a kill very easily if you had the timing right to allow bloom to reset enough for an accurate shot; two the the body, one to the head and they died every time.

What people are really seeing in this game is more akin to bunny hopping, where players hop around alot and hop around corners to throw off aim assist. I highly unrealistic tactic but one that is allowed because the so called skilled players think it makes them more skillful that they can use it.

phxs72

I'm all for it.  It gets old getting killed by a guy simply because jumping made him effectively bulllet proof or dropping made his hit box so small.  So they should either eliminate their ability to fire while doing it or they should do something else like extend the hit boxes while doing this or increase the damage multipliers for the limbs.  Obviously just turning off the ability to fire is the best fix but if not they need to even the playing field for the guy that isn't jumping around because he was caught on the losing side of a gunfight.  I'm sure that there will be a lot of crying about it but as I recall, BO1 didn't allow you to jump and fire at the same time.  So it's not that unheard of.  The way I see it is that this is a feature that just creates skilless unfair gunfights for people that want to spend $100 on a modded controller.  Neither dev company should be supporting this but both of them do.

nicedrewishfela

Lets take all the fun out of the game, too.

If anything, I would agree they should make it harder to aim while jumping or diving to prone. It should effect your aim, similar to the way hip-firing does versus aiming down the sights.

Can't take all of this out, however....the game is still an Arcade Shooter. It is still meant to be fun and engaging and have some crazy WTF moments.

Izjar11

OMFGimJOE wrote:

It's magical!

You can't deal with people who jump? Aim higher, pay attention. You can't deal with people prone? Chuck a concussion or flash bang or sensor grenade, pay attention.

I am starting to think that players want everything so easy.