1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2013 12:24 PM by nicedrewishfela Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: Weapon classes outlclassed by quickscoping
    MUPHinATHONG

Quickscoping is pretty ridiculous... I am mostly annoyed that when BO1 came out, Treyarch was all about leaving quickscoping OUT of the Treyarch titles. Then, BO1 came out, and sniping was pretty broken. Not when done correctly, but it was pretty difficult to quickscope. Now, instead of keeping a sniper, a sniper, they have catered to the QS community. Iron Sights? Ballistic CPU's? LASER SIGHTS?! On top of that, the ADS speed is fairly quick and pretty accurate.

For all those saying that it's not easy to quickscope.. You're half right. It's not easy to effectively quickscope. But it is easy to quickscope. All you need to do is see an enemy, get him around the middle of your crosshairs, slightly zoom in and shoot. If you're not good at it, you're going to die more than you kill. If you are good at it though... It's gamebreaking. Another thing to think about is how effective snipers are in professional gaming. I watched a video of Optic Scumper on YT, and he was talking about how important it was to learn to quickscope effectively and use a sniper because they are very good in SnD. If the pros are abusing it, there is a reason for it.. The pros use the best, because they want to do the best.

• 51. Re: Weapon classes outlclassed by quickscoping
    deamonomic

Iron sighs are back not because of th QS. many many people loved the Bolt action rifels from WaW. We wanted to see something like that return. I dont QS and I WANT there to be Iron sight. The ADS is longer then other weapons and Aim assist doesnt kick in for those who Do QS.

Honestly, I have to wonder just who you guys are comming up against who has the godlike abilities you describe. I have never had problems with Quick scopers. In past games I did, but that was because I simply didnt like it. I payed too much heed to the Kill cams.

you say abusing but I ask how? they shot you. The bullet left their gun and killed you. They had to aim at you dead center of a OHK area and then QS, had they missed they would have died. They dont even get the same aim assist that other players get regularly.  So how is it abusing? Look at the responses in this thread. some complain its too much but you have an equal amount if not more saying theres no problem from it.

• 52. Re: Weapon classes outlclassed by quickscoping
    opaquewarrior

I recently played Nuketown and Raid. Both won by guys using sniper rifles. I watched them ADS me in replay when we ran upon each other. I was surprised at how quickly their rifles came up. Imagine 2 different guys running around those basically small maps and winning. That's why QS is a crock.

• 53. Re: Weapon classes outlclassed by quickscoping
    deamonomic

opaquewarrior wrote:

I recently played Nuketown and Raid. Both won by guys using sniper rifles. I watched them ADS me in replay when we ran upon each other. I was surprised at how quickly their rifles came up. Imagine 2 different guys running around those basically small maps and winning. That's why QS is a crock.

and you sir are making the same mistake I made back in MW2. You payed attention to the kill cam. Kill cams are NOT accurate in many ways, one of the most noticable is your gun seeming to "snap" up ro come up alot faster or in a different manner then it really did. Kill cams and theater mode are at best a recreation for FUN. it was never meant to by hyper accurate and never will be. The amount of things that can differ is just astounding. sometimes its not noticable at all and other times its like a super nova going off.

Again, you all want to say that QS is easy or broken, I stand ready to prove you wrong with my type 25. if anyone one of you can grab you sniper and Run n gun QS and beat me, I will stop arguing that it isnt broken.

• 54. Re: Weapon classes outlclassed by quickscoping
    snorubit

Interesting thread and I will buck the general consensus a bit.

Several months ago somebody posted, to good review, a vid on QS technique. Although I don't snipe as a rule I checked out the vid and gave it a whirl. It involved methods to ensure you were taking full advantage of maximum hitbox by using: laser site, coming to a full stop prior to QS, etc.

I ran a custom game against bots to get the dual trigger timing down and found:

It was fairly easy. Easy enough that I received two invites during the course of 5 or 6 rounds. One invite to join a "sniper clan" and one to QS 1 v 1. Not going to do it regularly as I don't enjoy it all that much but helped me to better understand the mechanics.

Note: forgot to mention that I was using the Ballista.

• 55. Re: Weapon classes outlclassed by quickscoping
    SitRepPro

MUPHinATHONG wrote:

Now, instead of keeping a sniper, a sniper, they have catered to the QS community. Iron Sights? Ballistic CPU's? LASER SIGHTS?! On top of that, the ADS speed is fairly quick and pretty accurate.

Reducing idle sway promotes traditional sniping as quickscopers will be using their rifle in closer engagements, thus idle sway is less of a problem for them.  This is why ACOG reduces idle sway a lot on ARs as it is an optic for longer engagements.  Iron sights improves the ADS time only a little but that is a bring back feature from WaW where maps were actually decent sized to allow traditional sniping without putting yourself in a room/building that had a billion points of entry.  Laser sight is a bit silly on the sniper rifles but then you have FMJ on pistols.  A person using the iron sights on the Ballista are gimping their ability on long range engagements and, as such, they'd probably be better off with using it.

The ADS time is 0.4s for the SVU, DSR and the XPR.

The ADS time is 0.35s for the Ballsita, whilst sacrificing the large stomach area for that 1HK that the DSR gets.

Iron sights reduce the ADS time by 15%.

Snipers do not have the ability to use Quickdraw and there are no power positions where snipers and heavy gunners usually try and hold.  They have made it easier for AR and SMG users that both snipers and heavy gunners have been gimped from previous games both in weapon performance (sniper rifles used to be able to ADS faster and LMGs had no damage drop-off previously and were far quicker to reload).  And users of ARs and SMGs have generous hipfire accuracy and can dropshot/jumpshot to bail themselves out of a sticky situation where they will evade a likely death exclusing using laser sight.  The game has taken away a lot of footstep sound to make flanking even easier but I've been in matches like in Raid where enemy players will continue to run into the middle trying to RPG/SMAW me instead of, you know, go round the map and flank me.

Also, ARs benefit the most from aim assist by having longer ranges than LMGs and sniper rifles only benefit from aim assist whilst scoped in while everyone else gets it completely.

• 56. Re: Weapon classes outlclassed by quickscoping
    trialstardragon

LOL.. my LMG will out gun any QS player easily.. so no my lmg is not outclassed by them at all..

MY an94 kills them just as easily as my lsat does.. so again not outclassed.

My kap40 kills them even quicker then the other two classes so definately not outclassed by them.

Hell even my peackeeper kills them easily enough to not be outclassed.

So not sure where you are coming from.. You just must be terrible at aiming in this game or have terrible map awareness of where you and the enemy is at times.

• 57. Re: Weapon classes outlclassed by quickscoping
    WKMMS

wouldn't read too much into those invites.  I get about 12-13 of those 1v1 invitations a night and a regular stream of sniper clan invites.  They're usually kids who want to be in FaZe, but have no thumbs.  Hit them with 1 quickscope and they either want to challenge you to prove they're better, or recruit you because they think you're amazing.

Fair play for deciding to try it and understand it before drawing any conclusions.  Being honest, however easy you may have found quickscoping to be, was it easier to use and AR, or SMG.  Also, did you ever feel like the game was doing the aiming for you?

• 58. Re: Weapon classes outlclassed by quickscoping
    xBrookey

Dunno why, but QSing in this game feels 10x easier than it did in CoD4 or WaW. For some reason anytime I aim down the sight and fire someone just dies, no idea why. It's definitely noticable that you see far more snipers that you saw even in CoD4 which right now is almost a full time sniper lobby - which I put down to the fact that it's a lot easier than it used to be.

• 59. Re: Weapon classes outlclassed by quickscoping
    WKMMS

I think it has more to do with the fact that it has grown much more in popularity since CoD4.  There are much more people doing it and much more people taking it up.  I see a large percentage of snipers in Ground War, with their tac inserts, going for their montage clips, but only ever about 25% of the lobby in any other mode are snipers and only a minority of those are ever any good.  In TDM, where I spend most of my time, I've been seeing mostly the AN94 and target finder LMGs. 

Btw, can I have your connection - I get at least 8-10 shots per game that on my screen appear to be perfect, but then I only get hit-markers. 

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next