23 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2013 8:24 AM by jeepchick RSS

right to be a american/ puertorican

okay so ive been playing the fam and going through the list of flags because i wanted to place the puerto rican flag up. But apun looking ive realized that it was not there. I see that within the game you have posted and have every other nations flag including several other nations flags but do not have the puerto rican flag on the game. i put pride in my heriatage and i would like to know if you may place the puerto rican flag because there are alot of puerto rican americans that have seen this and i have talked to family and friends of it and we agree on the factor that you as well take notice that you would place the flag onto the game. because puerto rico is a common wealth province of the united states and lots of us do play your games and hope you do take notice to this also i would like to point out that i have several uncles that have fought in the war for the united states and say that you should place the puerto rican flag on. as well because you have the right to place the cuban flage you also have the right too place the puerto rican flag do to the face the cuban flag has minor color diffrencess to the puerto rican flag and the puerto rican flag was up b4 the cuban flag. so i would like to know why is that sooo???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

que bonita bandera la bandera puertorriqueña !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Re: right to be a american
    SitRepPro

I'm not sure what justifies having flags or not in this game.

• Re: right to be a american

that the factor is ppl from other area like to show where they are from and what they want to rep and having the flag shows that persons pride for the country so because u dont see a point within the matter other people do though. so thanks you!

• Re: right to be a american/ puertorican
    starbuckfrack

Do they have a flag of Texas ? No . because it is not a country.

They arent going to put it in so make an emblem of it.

u need to go back to history class because texas is a state puerto ricao is a common wealth and isnt part of the united states

ItzMeMario

dude i am a half puerto rican and u need to rethink your last statement. PR is a commonwealth yes....OF AMERICA! lol. Search the threads, I put up a fight as to why PR dont got a flag, and well, since we are a terroritory of America, we don't get one bottom line. PR IS technically, part of America.

yea techniqually we are but the factor is we still should deserve to have our flag posted we are owned by them but are not placed onto the us flag as a state. we still have our rights abd laws on the island as well. but as we have ppl who are puerto rican here (my family uncles who have fought for the us) we have all talked about that we should at lease get reconizion becasue every other state is part of the us flag and is marked by a star to repersent it, but as puerto rico is not and as we are a common wealth we should still be allowed to have a puerto rican flag to chose from. necause we have people who are puerto rican fight for the u,s and they should be thanked and should allow the puerto rican flag to be posted onto the  game

starbuckfrack

shadowwolf597 wrote:

u need to go back to history class because texas is a state puerto ricao is a common wealth and isnt part of the united states

I never said Puerto Rico was ANYTHING in my statement did I ?

So maybe you should go back to English class and learn how to read.

SitRepPro

starbuckfrack wrote:

Do they have a flag of Texas ? No . because it is not a country.

They arent going to put it in so make an emblem of it.

If by country you mean sovereign state then it looks like my area gets special dispensation.

K5RZR

Maybe customers should encorage them to release one of the small DLC packs  with all of the state and providence flags.

starbuckfrack

They give you a flag then they might as well give on to all the unicorporated territories (which BTW Puerto Rico is)...

American Samoa, Guam, Northern Marina Islands , US Virgin Islands, Baker Island, Howland Island, Jarvis Island, Johnson Atoll, Kingman Reef, Midwat Atoll, Navassa Island, and Wake Island.

then they would have to give us emblems for all the states across the world.

nicedrewishfela

If only there was a way to make one... some kind of Emblem Editor or something... Oh well.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Whenever I see people speak of pride in (fill in your country here), I'm always a bit skeptical as to their true motivations.  Flag waving is simply a physical gesture and pride is just a word. 

You'd be probably better recieved if you informed us why you are proud to be a Puerto Rican.  For example, an American can say he's proud to be an American because they re-built Europe after WWII.  Or a Chinese person can say he's proud to be Chinese because they invented gun powder or pasta (Italians will disagree, of course.)  Or, an Enlishman can say he's proud to be English because of the Industrial Revolution. 

I'm sure PR has a rich history as well.  What is it about your country that makes you proud.  Waving a flag in a video game says little except that you might be a xenophobic nationalist.

That said, like everyone says, why not show your pride by just taking a measely half hour to make an emblem. 

bkblazer

Although most everyone has some national pride, Puerto Ricans take it to the next level. They have layers. If its not a flag or sticker on a car, then its a bandana or hat, a shirt, patch on their jeans, underwear, or a tatoo. Its more like a gang and most aren't from PR.

ItzMeMario

So now you have to be FROM PR to represent? I'm half puerto rican, my dad is 100% so I shouldn't have the flag tattooed on my back shoulder? lol, THAT is just ignorance. Nobody is 100% american, Being American means your pretty much proud to be an immigrant. Cuz thats how this country was created. Unless your one of the few Natives which I doubt you are.

SitRepPro

National pride tends to be more strong in newer countries or those who have recently been involved in wars, which sometimes coincide with being in a new country anyway.  Compare Americans to some of the old European countries.

eRr0R_6_

wow people really do complain about the stupidest crap..

Izjar11

shadowwolf597 wrote:

okay so ive been playing the fam and going through the list of flags because i wanted to place the puerto rican flag up. But apun looking ive realized that it was not there. I see that within the game you have posted and have every other nations flag including several other nations flags but do not have the puerto rican flag on the game. i put pride in my heriatage and i would like to know if you may place the puerto rican flag because there are alot of puerto rican americans that have seen this and i have talked to family and friends of it and we agree on the factor that you as well take notice that you would place the flag onto the game. because puerto rico is a common wealth province of the united states and lots of us do play your games and hope you do take notice to this also i would like to point out that i have several uncles that have fought in the war for the united states and say that you should place the puerto rican flag on. as well because you have the right to place the cuban flage you also have the right too place the puerto rican flag do to the face the cuban flag has minor color diffrencess to the puerto rican flag and the puerto rican flag was up b4 the cuban flag. so i would like to know why is that sooo???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

que bonita bandera la bandera puertorriqueña !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes its nice, and all but your have the American flag because your "country" belongs to the US. Gain your independence than ask for different results. Sorry to sound harsh.

jeepchick

You are expected to post responsibly when creating new threads. Duplicates of existing threads, authored by yourself or not, and gratuitous bumping is considered spam. Spam is subject to lock or deletion at our discretion.

You can find the above in our Black Ops 2 Community Etiquette & Guidelines.

We've had plenty of discussion about flag cards, and specificall the PR flag, on these boards. All of it can be searched. Do a search and find those existing discussions. Read what other people have posted and contribute your thoughts to those threads.

Claire JeepChick | Forum Moderator: Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts
    Questions/Concerns/Quibbles/Comments? Send me a PM

Here's a search link for you:  http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/forum s/search.jspa?peopleEnabled=true&userID=&container=2187&containerType=14&spotlig ht=false&q=puerto+rico+flag