11 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2013 5:12 AM by starbuckfrack RSS

second controllers

0wn1ng_b0ss

i'm getting tired of all these second controller people, i think that everything that the 2nd controller does, should count for the xbox account the 1st controller is playing on. it's unfair that it counts for us if we get killed by 2nd controllers, but everything the 2nd controller does doesnt count for the 1st.

• Re: second controllers
    Schoat333

who cares? If you getting killed by a split screener, you deserve that stat.

gouldberg

The second controller basically plays as a guest. As they are not the same person they don't count towards the main players stats and basically count towards the guests stats. Since the guest is not a recognised account those stats basically cease to be on that particular account. It doesn't change the fact that you were killed in a game and as a result were awarded with a death which will stay on your stats.

Of course, this opens up a debate of why does the guest account get all of the main accounts unlocks, but that is not the point on this particular thread.

Foxhound-Pro

OP, there's no reason to reply in an inflammatory way simply because someone posts something that you disagree with. I wouldn't say that Schoat333's post was the greatest, but it certainly wasn't the worst.

Read our Black Ops 2 Community Etiquette & Guidelines and apply this in all areas.

Schoat, do the same.

Chief Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

ItzMeMario

You get points for killing the guest right? I've had games where i went 6 and 0 couldn't find anyone but 1 guy. he was a (1) guy, and hey, those 6 kills counted for my teams W, and towards my K/d and other stats. it does work both ways, granted we wish people had their own gamertags, but hey, just be glad we have people we can play against.

GoldenFAL

I kinda agree if you get owned by a split screener you kinda deserve it. I think split screen can be a disadvantage where as you can see everything. I have a 73 inch tv and playing split screen is a total buzz kill. I hate to see split screeners on my team because they usually are not that good. You do have your try hard splitters that can bring heat, but overall it's some kids who won't take turns on a single screen.

ItzMeMario

Now my question is this, besides the whole (1) in their name you can't tell if someone is split screening. Me and my gf play two seperate gt's but one console. I play mainly hc, but i will admit when she dies, I kinda peek to see where she died at. Idk, its not an advantage cuz so many times I've peeked and then gotten killed myself.

dirtycallahan

i wish they would let split screeners play with other split screeners, its a huge disadvantage to have them on your team

HarbingerOfDoom

its not the actual split screeners that bother me. is the doofuses that do split screen & there is no one on the 2nd controller... they just sit there & rack up deaths.

and always seem to be on my team

trialstardragon

You do realize that is not always true a person can be split screening and it the other can be logged in to a second account. Which would have stats tracked against it.

ItzMeMario

thats what im saying, i think, too many people think its just the guys with (1) as a guest who are SS. I bet there are a lot of people with 1 xbox 2 names, who play. I know i do, my brothers in law do. My cousin, thats 6 people right there.  aka 3 split screeners, idk why people hate on split screeners so much, it cuts their screen in half! Smh. It takes skill if u ask me, half the view and they still own you? Lol.