29 Replies Latest reply: Jul 18, 2013 8:08 AM by SitRepPro RSS

scavenger sucks

belly120

Ok so its great until you want to pack a grenade launcher. Thought i'd go old school mw2 style and noob tube some quick svopers and blam. Scavenger doesn't resupply m203 ammo which is epically ****. FIX IT TREYARCH

• Re: scavenger sucks
    nicedrewishfela

And it shouldn't. Or else you get the Noob Tube mess of MW2. They aren't going to fix this.

SitRepPro

Difference is Flak Jacket is at least better than the equipment 'Blast Shield' in MW2.  In a way it is silly that it doesn't resupply because Scavenger resupplies a lot of things, including C4.  If it respplued after more than one kill, say three, may be it wouldn't be a problem.

belly120

Bingo if it does lethals includinf c4 which is beastly why not tubes. It would be a welcome break from all the quick scoping lol

nicedrewishfela

Would love to see it always resupply bullet weapons, and only resupply attachments or lethals if the enemy killed was using the same equipment. That would truly make it a scavenger perk.

SitRepPro

The thing is that would make it less viable as weapons stay on the ground from fallen players for quite a while at least for bullets.  I barely see the noob tube being used in core meanwhile other explosives are used more.  I understand the need for caution because of MW2 but if you have a barely used attachment or perk then it's just a waste.  I don't know if knifing an enemy would resupply the grenade launcher.  Reason being is that the Crossbow resupplies upon a knife kill last I tried.  I'd rather be rewarded with a Scavenger pack upon a direct hit only as I see that as a reward for marksmanship since it is one of the explosives that require you to actually aim more.

For underbarrel grenade launchers and their balance, which everyone has differing opinions of, I see boils down to:

1. How many players can equip themselves with

2. Damage - blast radius and direct hit

3. Are they scavengeable?  If so is it after a gun kill or any kill?

4. What counter is there and how effective is it?

5. The strength of gravity.  This deters crossmap easy grenade kills, although I've seen one recently on Studio on Domination but the player knows exactly where to aim due to objective knowledge and the angle required mimics that to using mortars from Gears.

6. Pose the same questions of other explosives available and compare.

7. What other attachments can AR users (I know the AK47u in BO1 has this attachment and it's an SMG) have available?  For me I mainly use the adjustable stock and a suppressor.  The only other attachment worth using for me is the MMS scanner but I can put that on SMGs when corner camping gets too popular for my liking.

8. Perhaps have a restriction on attachment choice not specific because of button layout.  For example, you could disallow people using a suppressor with the grenade launcher as that stems from the Cold Blooded vs Stopping Power reasoning, which MW3 chucked out of the window as Assassin users could get one over Quickdraw users with baby monitors.

nicedrewishfela

To me, COD4 got it right in this regard. You wanted the Tube? Well, goodbye Perk 1.

The change was really made due to how the Tube Lowered the overall quality of gameplay. I kind of chuckle when people tell me it takes skill to use.

Perhaps it would make sense to, rather than have it as an attachment, have it as a lethal. It would replace your lethal grenades as well as take up an attachment slot on your weapon. Allow it to be subject to scavenger, perhaps refilling one nade at a time

I think there is room for improvement if this attachment keeps returning... which like a bad penny it keeps doing. Maybe some creativity in how it is used or implemented. Either make it more difficult to use or really make it a sacrifice in regards to how it fits into the Class Setup.

It has its place in the game, but I like how it hasn't been abused nearly as much in the Black Ops series.

SitRepPro

It was fine in COD4 because you had a choice of several explosives.  Since MW2 you can top up on different amount of explosives, although BO1 made it so C4 and Claymores were not able to be resupplied.  In BO2 you can have more than one type of explosive and get them resupplied.

Adam1234567893

Um M203 Grenades are weaker then any explosives in this game they are even weaker then Frag Grenades so yea it should of been able to resupply especially since One Man Army and Danger Close doesn't exist in this game as perks. As for the MW2 noobtubing is was only because of Danger Close and One Man Army being combined thats the only reason it was overpowered the M203 Grenades are so weak in this game and MW3 you don't even need Flak Jacket to survive them. Besides if they make it like all the other launchers the player would still have to get a bullet or knife kill in order to resupply which would throw the garbage off their game anyways.

NoLifeKing29

As far as I am concerned, the noob tube should have been removed after MW2, instead of just seeing it be constantly nerfed to the point its worthless. Its useless in core, and an incredibly rare sight in HC. So why even have it.

Adam1234567893

Simple to bombard campers if they remove explosives campers become invincible and no I am not saying campers are bad just it's more realistic and fun to keep the explosives in the game especially grenade launchers they easily can get into a spot. Before you say learn to adapt or find other tactics to kill camper let me ask you this why in the hell do I have to try so hard to have fun in a game? Why do I have to go out of my way to get past a camper? Seriously I shouldn't have to be the best player in the game to have fun in a video game. If you want to get them removed have them removed from League Play cause its the only competetive game mode in Black Ops 2. If you want explosives removed from the game then they should remove all walls and rooms and make all the maps arena based that way the game stays balanced. This game should be fun for all who play it meaning no helping or hindering any playstyles unless the other playstyles get helped or hindered as well. Besides the only people who wanted the Grenade Launcher removed after Black Ops 1 were campers cause they had to switch to Flak Jacket it had nothing to do with grenades being overpowered. I don't get why certain play styles are allowed to be selfish and invincible while the others have their online experience destroyed then when they come on the forums to complain or ask for help they get bombarded by garbage saying learn to adapt and stop complaining why do they have to learn to adapt when those garbage players haven't stopped complaining and they haven't adapted.

dirtycallahan

Scavenger is fine as it is now

phxs72

It does resupply your launcher ammo if you get a kill with your gun.  It just doesn't drop a scav pack if you get your kill with an explosive.  It doesn't matter which explosive either.  So next time pick up a gun and get a few kills to keep your launcher supplied.

thebiindsniper

The scavenger perk of MW2 was good, except when it replenished Grenade Launchers that were overpowered with "Danger Close". 

The Black Ops 2 version is the best variant of the perk so far, and it's balanced due to how explosive kills don't grant scavenger packs.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Izjar11

thebiindsniper wrote:

The scavenger perk of MW2 was good, except when it replenished Grenade Launchers that were overpowered with "Danger Close". 

The Black Ops 2 version is the best variant of the perk so far, and it's balanced due to how explosive kills don't grant scavenger packs.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Add OMA into the mix and you did not need scavenger.

Rogue_Convict

There's no point in it resupplying grenade launchers.  They're so inneffecitve that it doesn't even matter.

ItzMeMario

You want to N00BTUBE quickscopers....hmm...That whole statement is a fail lol.

NoLifeKing29

Scavenger has never been better, it needs absolutely no change, and will receive absolutely no change.

Izjar11

belly120 wrote:

Ok so its great until you want to pack a grenade launcher. Thought i'd go old school mw2 style and noob tube some quick svopers and blam. Scavenger doesn't resupply m203 ammo which is epically ****. FIX IT TREYARCH

oh geez, another fix it because I say so post.