12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2013 5:20 PM by Dr_QuiCKScOP3r RSS

I'm suddenly failing at Black Ops 2? Why?

F22raptornuke

Alright I've never been a really good player or anything but ever since I got Black Ops 2 i've always managed to get around a 1 K/D in matches. But then recently I suddenly started failing... now i get scores like 2/14. It seems that people have amazing reactions and they kill me before I can even get a shot on them. And every time I kill someone I get shot in the back by some stupid random enemy that pops out of nowhere. I mean what the hell? I used to be able to survive and get a fair amount of kills but now it's impossible to even run without getting shot straight away.

I'm not really sure if I just suddenly got rubbish at this game or if for some reason I'm being matched against pro players now, but either away I'm getting really pissed. Need help identifying the problem!

• Re: I'm suddenly failing at Black Ops 2? Why?
    deamonomic

F22raptornuke wrote:

Alright I've never been a really good player or anything but ever since I got Black Ops 2 i've always managed to get around a 1 K/D in matches. But then recently I suddenly started failing... now i get scores like 2/14. It seems that people have amazing reactions and they kill me before I can even get a shot on them. And every time I kill someone I get shot in the back by some stupid random enemy that pops out of nowhere. I mean what the hell? I used to be able to survive and get a fair amount of kills but now it's impossible to even run without getting shot straight away.

I'm not really sure if I just suddenly got rubbish at this game or if for some reason I'm being matched against pro players now, but either away I'm getting really pissed. Need help identifying the problem!

sad to say you will not find a clear answer here. Some will be along at some point to tell you that the developers ninja patched the connections and thats why. Personally I blame myself. I have bad days. Hell I have dad weeks. Normally Im the top player in the lobby. but sometimes I just cant aim

nicedrewishfela

Could just be a bad stretch, All of us "mortal" players have them.

I guess just look at your game. Are you doing anything different? Did you make any changes to your equipment(controllers, TVs, etc)?

Also, try resetting your home network. It could be you are getting some latency that is effecting your performance.

When this happens to me, I take a break from MP and play Custom Games against the Bots. Helps me get my groove back.

Devi0us

Sounds like you could have changed tv to one with a worse refresh rate?

phxs72

You're going up against more savy opponents.  Sure there may also be a lag component but I've been running into the same problem lately and it's caused me to get off to some really rough starts (for example 1-7).  This new tactic of opposing teams running in groups of 2 or 3 and flanking every route has been spreading for obvious reasons.  If you get one of them the other two are likely to take you down.  To beat this you have to figure out what the other team is doing and counter flank them.  For me this has forced me to go to the widest flank possible many times and I've even gone as far as to throw in a class with claymores, etc.  I'll just put down my lethals anywhere that I have to decide to go one flank route or the other.  This way if someone comes behind me then they at least will get slowed down if not killed altogether.  If you can disrupt them enough these guys then will tend to go inmasse to the inside route and flanking them just gets that much easier.

SquG

i used to be like that getting 4/20, but gotten better i can get swarms and dogs now, maybe try to go on the edges of the map, defend your teams half of the map, try to not sprint into the enimies every time you spawn, try to in a way camp more in area but also keep moving, also look at the map on top corner, and tryiing to aim for a high scorestreak also helps, when getting hit from a distance just run.

so basiclly try to stay alive, defend more than offence, camp more and aim for scorestreaks (try to aim for stealth chopper) and when you get better aiim for dogs and swarms.

Azrael513

Ditto, after I bought a new TV (a ProScan 24" HDTV to replace my old 20" SDTV) I noticed that my performance has worsed in game (my KDR went from 1.25 down to 1.16)

What the hell has been happening?

Class setup I have been using lately after getting Type-25 golden.

Swat-556 (Grip and ACOG)

Five Seven (laser sight)

Flak Jacket

Toughness

Tactical Mask Dexterity

EMP grenade

CurliestRogue0

Now that I've spent substantial time playing on my gaming monitor (23", 3ms refresh) I absolutely cannot play on my large (ish) LCD TV.  Input lag (from controller to what I'm perceiving on my screen) feels like my soldier dude is reacting to things while standing in waist-deep water.  Les miserables.  So I feels ya, is what I'm sayin'.

@OP -- impossible to say for certain, but with a fast-twitch game like this, the tiniest change in rhythm or approach to how you play a map can have big impacts, especially while you're still getting the hang of things.  When I first started, I'd hold my head above water...hold my head above water...and then have big cold streaks where for a few days in a row I couldn't take anyone down to save my life.  40,000 kills later I've found I'm much more consistent.  Other than muscle memory, it's hard to identify exactly what I'm doing differently.  Practice makes perfect, as the saying goes.  Advice to you is to switch it up (that's what I did) to keep it fresh while you practice up.  Play hardcore.  Play FFA.  Turn your controller sensitivity down, grab a good ranged A/R (SMR, FAL, M8A1, etc) and get comfortable with getting on target quickly.  Then gradually increase your sensitivity over the course of weeks, giving yourself an opportunity to adjust to the touchier aiming before moving to the next setting.

z3lement

Normally the reason I do so bad sometimes is because I accidentily turn my aim assist off or i play against tryhards.

Schoat333

I'm actually going the opposite way lately.

Maybe, like me, your opponents are simply getting better at the game finally. LOL

SitRepPro

The game has self-improvement tools like the codcasting feature, which shows you the spawns.  Perhaps a lot of players have taken advantage of this?  I started using it when half way through my sniper bloodthirsties and I'd say it helped me get them slightly quicker as I could anticipate a spawn flip much sooner and not get shot in the back on four kills, like I seemingly always used to.

THEY ARE NOT PRO's. Just players with lag assist

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Clear your cache and power off your router and modem. Wait for 30 seconds and power them on. I get games like that when my router needs a reboot.