16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2013 7:36 PM by SitRepPro RSS

Orbital VSAT Counter & common sense.

SoMCJoker

While trying to think of a viable counter to the VSAT, that wouldn't upset pubstompers who think they're good, Common sense hit me like a train. If i'm inside an ORBITAL vsat can't see me. Emphasis on orbital. It's in space, and should require a direct view of the enemy to reveal him on the mini-map.

That leads me on to my point of making the simple move of staying indoors, a counter to the Orbital vsat. Its not an overpowered counter if you imagine 4-5 players all hiding in one little room, bloodbath anyone?

What are your thoughts?

P.S: Why does neither Ghost or Cold Blooded work against VSAT???

• Re: Orbital VSAT Counter & common sense.
    Izjar11

The two only counters are: CUAV and EMP nades and preparation.

If you did not play BO the VSAT is the blackbird equivalent.

Your idea moving indoors is a good one because it reduces where you can get shot from if you hold down a corridor or room.

Why does ghost or CB not counter it? hmmm cause the devs decided that and it is what it is.

eRr0R_6_

doesnt the EMP score streak counter it?

deamonomic

Izjar11 wrote:

The two only counters are: CUAV and EMP nades and preparation.

If you did not play BO the VSAT is the blackbird equivalent.

Your idea moving indoors is a good one because it reduces where you can get shot from if you hold down a corridor or room.

Why does ghost or CB not counter it? hmmm cause the devs decided that and it is what it is.

personally I like it is the way it is. I like it because we have one streak thats an end all attempts to hide. Now I would agree that UAV should see in doors. that makes sense to me and I have no issues with it . I like that theres one KS that none of us can hide from unless we directly counter it. everything else can be avoided with bullets or by running away.

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

"...Hostile Orbital VSAT..."

"Aww crap.. RUN AWAY!!!"

I play with randoms much of the time, and I seriously don't understand why they continue to run around like headless chickens with an enemy VSAT up.  You cannot surprise an enemy that KNOWS you're coming to a corner/door/window.  Games will go from close to unwinnable at that point.  Or games we're winning will flip.

If you don't have EMP grenades, a CUAV or an EMP streak to use, find a position toward the outside of the map that has cover (aka "head glitch spots") and long sightlines to see an enemy coming.  They may see your red triangle on the map, but they're going to have to make themselves visible to get you.  (Unless they're proficient at pop-out quickscoping, which is unbelievably annoying.  Or annoyingly unbelievable.  Meh.)

On smaller maps this may be more difficult, but as long as your team keeps a small area of the map protected (flak jacket helps when they try to force you out) and forces the team with the VSAT to come to them, it *usually* goes much better.

deamonomic

TRAILBLAZ3RSS wrote:

"...Hostile Orbital VSAT..."

"Aww crap.. RUN AWAY!!!"

I play with randoms much of the time, and I seriously don't understand why they continue to run around like headless chickens with an enemy VSAT up.  You cannot surprise an enemy that KNOWS you're coming to a corner/door/window.  Games will go from close to unwinnable at that point.  Or games we're winning will flip.

If you don't have EMP grenades, a CUAV or an EMP streak to use, find a position toward the outside of the map that has cover (aka "head glitch spots") and long sightlines to see an enemy coming.  They may see your red triangle on the map, but they're going to have to make themselves visible to get you.  (Unless they're proficient at pop-out quickscoping, which is unbelievably annoying.  Or annoyingly unbelievable.  Meh.)

On smaller maps this may be more difficult, but as long as your team keeps a small area of the map protected (flak jacket helps when they try to force you out) and forces the team with the VSAT to come to them, it *usually* goes much better.

The thing about EMP it relies on you having it or being close to it before they get their orbital. Its not likely that people will get it after they get their orbital if they were not on their way. and by the time they would get to it theres a chance that the orbital is over. The only way to deal someone with a Vsat is basically either camp or to be on the ball, head = swivel. Using good situational awareness you can go toe to toe with them. just dont count on killing them all. one maby two per life.

CurliestRogue0

Thank you.  Calling EMP Sys a counter to VSAT  is like calling a motorcycle helmet a counter to getting hit in the head by an african swallow whilst walking to work.  Sure it works like a charm when it works, but what are the odds you happen to be wearing your helmet that particular day?

phxs72

The VSAT has xray vision.

nicedrewishfela

The ultimate counter, don't let the enemy get on high streaks like that. CUAV and EMP/EMP Grenades is plenty. You de-value the streak if you offer too many counters for it.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

The only gunning defense is to go into defensive mode.  Go to any room, throw down a bettie or shock charge (if available) and surveil the two or three entrance points.  Turn around quickly every few seconds and hope you catch an approaching opponent on one of your turns (it's the only element of surprise left at your disposal.) 

Other movements:  Zigzag, backtrack, make yourself as unpredicatable as possible.  Unless they have a ridiculosely small TV, they can't be looking at the HUD and their general perspective at the same time.  That split second between them switching their perspective from one to the other might make a difference.

Note the clock when it first goes up.  It lasts about 40 seconds.  Not enough people pay attention to this but knowing when it's over is a big plus. 

The only way to deal someone with a Vsat is basically either camp or to be on the ball, head = swivel.

[EDIT]  Looks like deamon beat me to it.  [END EDIT]