14 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2013 11:36 AM by TheBeastlyDude RSS

A simple solution

rangepure

A simple solution to make this game somewhat manageable to play without a full party. Take tactical insertions out of the game. Then maybe this game might be worth playing.

• Re: A simple solution
    Alky6

Aside from boosters, what's your problem with Tac's?  I like finding the red ones because I know the guy will be back and I can pop his butt before he's aware I'm there 

claisty

I know this topic has been discussed at great length on many posts in this forum.  While I'm not a tactical insertion user myself, I wish there was a way the devs could code some logic that would detect when someone was boosting.  Some have stated that it is an essential piece of equipment for objective based games.  That said, would really like it if the TI was banned in TDM and KC matches.  It's a slight compromise for those who use it properly.

ghamorra

Don't let the person Tac Inserting be able to cancel the spawn. They made their choice to use it.

Izjar11

rangepure wrote:

A simple solution to make this game somewhat manageable to play without a full party. Take tactical insertions out of the game. Then maybe this game might be worth playing.

how is tac inserting not allowing you to play in a full party?

Foxhound-Pro

I've always believed that If one is playing team games while solo-queuing, then one deserves whatever thrashing gets tossed their way.

A full team allows you to have communication and avoid the bad eggs out there that exist. EMP grenades are also your friend.

gotsomestars

Playing with a full party gets boring pretty fast. If there's no challenge , what's the point? I've felt there should be a party only playlist. But nobody would play it. Most people I've played with/against want it as easy as possible. And it doesn't get much easier than playing in a full party against randoms.

TLOU has it right . One set of lobbies for parties , one for randoms.

Titanfall sounds pretty cool too, every team has ai mixed in with varying difficulty.

Foxhound-Pro

gotsomestars wrote:

Playing with a full party gets boring pretty fast. If there's no challenge , what's the point? I've felt there should be a party only playlist. But nobody would play it. Most people I've played with/against want it as easy as possible. And it doesn't get much easier than playing in a full party against randoms.

TLOU has it right . One set of lobbies for parties , one for randoms.

Titanfall sounds pretty cool too, every team has ai mixed in with varying difficulty.

If playing with a full party is boring, then you lot must have nothing to talk about.

Fracturing the playlist is something I think we should avoid at all costs. It's a solution, but it doesn't do much besides embracing a flawed ideology.

Titanfall's concept sounds good, but that AI better be well honed. If not, then people will be popping them for cheap kills.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Personally it gets a bit old going up against a bunch of randoms with a team full of randoms.  Some of the more challenging games are against clans. 

Izjar11

This is repeated by many, playing with others reduces the chances of getting bashed.

phxs72

Not that I care about removing TIs since I don't use them but I don't see what affect that would have on a solo player.  Granted I've been in those matches where the enemy team is TIing for map control but it doesn't take too long to figure it out and EMP grenades will quickly disrupt that tactic.  The problem for the solo player isn't the TI but rather the seemingly ignorant other solo players on your team.  I've been playing on my backup account lately just so that I could get the Eraser title and I can tell you that playing with Prestige Master is soooo much better than playing with Prestige 6 and under folks.  Most of the matches are a blow out.  I'm either on the team doing the crushing or I'm on the team getting crushed.  Sometimes it was so bad on the weak team that I couldn't even pull above a 0.5 kd despite my extensive game time.  Spawn and die within 5ft of your spawn.  Rinse and repeat.  Of course, when I'm on the good team, 3+ kds are effortless.  The real problem for the solo player is the lack of other good solo players to play with.  This is something that SBMM could have fixed but the guys that are used to pub stomping all the time couldn't handle it.  So SBMM got nerfed to where it's basically just a random moshpit of skill/skilless players.  If you truely want more balance gameplay for the solo player then you should be pushing for a stronger SBMM system.

eRr0R_6_

well people use Ti to boost,  they are also used by parties and clans to spawn kill.. when this happens ou have player backing out.. TI do nothing but hold a negative within the game..  I think that TI in the game should  only be allowed to be placed ONLY half way to the enemy spawn /Flag and should not be placed in a certain place if an enemy is near by ( prevents boosting)

phxs72

I wouldn't miss them if they were gone but I've just learned how to deal with them.  As much as we all hate getting spawn trapped by them, I'm pretty sure that was their intended purpose.  That or to provide a way for someone to avoid a spawn trap.

Lennom

I honestly cannot figur out why this piece of equipment keeps popping up in every cod... 

it does more harm than good (boosting, spawns getting messed up,....). And who is gonne miss it when its gone??