4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 16, 2013 5:29 AM by Cozmie RSS

PLEASE KEEP LEAGUE PLAY!

Cozmie

I don't want Infinity Ward to ignore the competitive scene within this next Call of Duty. BO2 did a great job at promoting the competitive scene (first multiplayer trailer) and Ghosts should keep it going. I loved the whole ladder system in BO2. It made me as a player feel more important and actually drived me to playing more and more matches and push myself to the limit to win. Needless to say, it certainly made me a stronger gamer.

I know the whole factor comes in where the maps will have to be designed for this competitive feature and people that play pubs in BO2 are not to fond of the 3-lane map format. Which is why I think if IW actually impliments a competitive mode within Ghosts they should have specially designed maps for a League Play playlist and a different variety for the Public Playlist.

So basciallly:

- Keep a ladder/ranking system

- Keep the League Play mode updated with MLG settings

- Keep it limited to certain competitive game modes in MLG

Consider:

- A different penalty for people who quit

- Events where people compete for a reward in League Play. (Like a badge or some type of feature for the player) Kind of like whats done in CoD Elite. Or create something like a player-trophy case for these events.

- A ticker that displays people that are gaining a "spot light" within league so-to-speak. Like the one in MW2.

Maybe there are more things that can be added.

But yeah, DON'T IGNORE THE COMPETITIVE SCENE PLEASE!

BRING LEAGUE PLAY INTO GHOSTS!!!

• Re: PLEASE KEEP LEAGUE PLAY!
    WolfRidge

Totally agree, I really liked league play, having a history of playing competitive ladders I enjoy the buzz of the competition.

They really need to address the quit outs though it really ruins the experience, tougher sanctions need to be brought against quitters, as 5 min probations will not solve the problem.

Another issue is there are not that many players that participate, look through nearly any lobby on Black Ops, the player badges do not show a league rank ( mine shows #1 )  Maybe greater rewards need to be given to encourage people in.

I'm not sure if IW will include Leagues but I would like to see them in Ghosts. That's all I want copied from Black Ops2, the rest is pretty awful.

SubToXd

I agree also. Dont worry, Ghosts has already confirmed its support for competetive. Were good there. As for League play I also hope it comes back. They do need some changes though. They need to create an incentive to play league play. Like maybe have tournies with rewards or if you get high enough on a ladder or even win a tourney you get a special outfit to personalize your character, gun camos, MSP points, money, or anything really that will drive more players to come and try out league play. The biggest point I make is that they dont make the ranking system based off of how many matches you play. It should be based off of who you beat. You should get more points if you beat a better team and less points if you beat a worse team. It also should not be noob-friendly. It should be challenging to move up the ladder. Now its so easy to get masters.

Cozmie

Your idea on rewards throughout matches/ tournies were my thoughts exactly!

SubToXd wrote:

The biggest point I make is that they dont make the ranking system based off of how many matches you play. It should be based off of who you beat. You should get more points if you beat a better team and less points if you beat a worse team.

Now that you mention this they can actually impliment both: amount of matches and a point system. The reason Treyarch's "rank-up" system is done by how many matches you play is because the game is usually going to match you up with people it thinks are around your skill level(I could be wrong). BUT, what if a new system worked where if a player were on a win streak, the game would match them up with more difficult opponents and if the player beat this harder competition, they'd recieve a payout of more points after each win. The amount of points increases as long as the player continues on their win-streak! So pretty much win-streak bonus points.