1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 64 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2013 12:59 PM by NoLifeKing29 Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: A Huge Rant About This Awful Game. Enjoy Treyarch.
    deamonomic

     

    teflon_skull wrote:

     

    How will anyone provide you with the proof YOU claim to need.  We have very limited data.  All the in game tools are inaccurate and not allowed by you and others that demand proof.  Routing the video through a capture card(that a lot do not have) is about the same as theater.  One perspective of game play that is inaccurate because the game is designed that way.  No ones sees 100% accurately what is going on except possibly Treyarch.

     

    If Treyarch cared or wanted, they could access the data and show it is a problem or is not a problem.  They choose to ignore it.  No comments other than contact support.  Which, I will probably do next week for giggles so that I can wait and wait and answer mundane tech support questions only to be passed on to another tier or told they can do nothing for me.  Or, told that it must be my ISP that is at fault.

     

    What happened to the connection survey?

    I never got one ever.  I haven't seen any results or comments about it from Treyarch.

     

    Why do we never see polls?

    Why do we only get twitter crap about DLC?

     

    I'm not saying they don't fix anything, but either their priorities are off or they don't want to tackle some things and are fine with riding it out.  Profit vs cost of resources to fix the problem.

    alright... how will anyone provide proof? simple. record their LIVE GAMEPLAY. seriously dont know why this is so hard for this community. youd think Id asked them to create an iron man suite from a box of scraps in a cave with the amount of resistance you meet on this bit. and before you say it... you do NOT<---- key word. NOT need an expensive PVR. your cell phone, or your friends or that camera or any one of the hundred of other options available out there will work fine. Sure there is a cut off for quality and being able to tell anything but for the most part that shouldnt be too big of an issue.

     

     

    and no... routing through a capture card is NOT like theater at all. not even remotely. My capture card records what Is seen on my screen directly as it is. It records any lag I happen to encounter or lack thereof.

     

    If Treyarch cared or wanted, they could access the data and show it is a problem or is not a problem.

     

    yea... heres the thing... They DID do that. They did look into it. And they DID come back to us and tell us that they were not seeing what was claimed. And you know what the community did? insulted them... called them lairs and started thinking up conspiracy theories left and right.

     

    and you think it ended there? no. Treyarch.. being the soul sucking bastards they must be, decided to come BACK to the community despite the abuse (jerks I know right?... dare come back) They told us. since their data wasnt showing an issue that we as a community should ----->SHOW THE PROBLEM <-------- and what did we do? a clip here and a clip there... rant over there. nothing by any means concrete. Infact I could right now look up instances of lag for just about any online game and pain a picture of horrible lag issues If i so choose.

     

    What happened to the connection survey?

     

    I didnt get one either. But thats likely because I wasnt involved with where ever the decided to talk about it and actually do it. its not like they sent a survey to every house. for example if they did it through facebook or twitter I would have missed it. They have their own ways of doing things and they dont need to show us. why? because EVEN if they did show us, this community would simply claim it was all made up.

     

     

    Why do we never see polls?

    Because this community refuses to listen in the slightest and will continue to believe whatever it is that they want regardless of whatever anyone else tells them or shows them so whats the point?

     

    I created a thread called Proving and Improving the lag. The goal was simple. To find those geniune cases of connection issues beyond the norm and get them fixed. You would think that with the amount of complaints that get thrown out there that the community would be eager to join in. To have a single place to focus and examine proof of the problems claimed and to weed out those who are not. To have a place where we could at a certain point gather everyting we have gone over, go to the developers as a group with collective evidence of what we claim and get the issues looked at. But no. I have to fight with trolls who bog down the discussion. and players who refuses to accept anything beyond what they want to believe.

     

    I dont claim anywhere near as many problems as you guys do. Why in gods name, is it that I, the sick guy, the one who is sick a good 60-70% of their time, is willing to put FAR more effort into seeing this issue dealt with then 99% of the people who do complain? and before someone says they are putting in effort I ask this: beyond watching a youtube video and making a rant, beyong a single clip or even a group of clips from multiple games, what have you really done to see this issue resolved? I myself have pulled atleast 30 or so videos claiming to be proof of issues down off of youtube and gone over them each for hours on end frame by frame repeatedly measuring and remeasuring things and comparing them to other cases. I have done my homework into this. most have not. infact somewho even have been disproven, rather then simply admit they were mistaken, decide to blow it off like it never was and continue arguing that they have an issue with doing NOTHING to prove it.

     

     

    and you all expect something to be done in this gaint mess? lol... lmao... Roflmao

     

    btw my rants are bigger

  • 21. Re: A Huge Rant About This Awful Game. Enjoy Treyarch.
    deamonomic

    teflon_skull wrote:

     

    I would say that would actually be very unprofessional of them.  Ignore the trolls.  Do what is best for customers, the game, and future business. 

     

    And yes, I hate what trolling has become and that it somewhere along the line became the thing to do.  But that does not make it a scape goat for not fixing issues with a product.

    ignore the trolls. but what do you do when the community refuses to listen and instead believes what they want... and infact they are generally RUDE about it. look at this initial post for this thread. its not constructive. its just him cursing about how bad the game is and this and that. where is the constructive bit where potential solutions or ways to get to the bottom of this? non existant. as in every thread. again Lol at the fact that people expect something to be done.

  • 22. Re: A Huge Rant About This Awful Game. Enjoy Treyarch.
    deamonomic

    teflon_skull wrote:

     

    dsadref wrote:

     

    Like I said the only ONE LITTLE THING they need to do is atleast fix the hit detection. That would make it so much better and actually enjoyable to play instead of getting mad at the dam game. I could care less about guns if I get killed by a gun idc but if I'm going to die when i'm 5 feet around a corner I'm going to complain. Especially if I'm in a competetive match. Treyarchs server are just shitty point blank. Blunt as possible. If they upgraded that'd be a huge improvment. They're just money hungy and don't really care about the community. Although I will say they try to interact with the community but they don't listen. They ask questions and stuff but don't go through with what the community wants.

    Just one point.  Kind of.  There aren't real servers for this game.  It uses a host based system of sorts arranged across live instead of dedicated servers.  Basically, we are all servers for this game.  Which is one reason connections are such an issue.  They claim they can't afford dedicated servers for these games.

    they never once said or claimed to not be able to afford dedis. they have said time and time again, that the gain or the improvement you will see is not enough to warrant the money. People who think dedicated servers are the end all answer to lag are kidding themselves. Dedis deal with lag just as much. When I play battlefield I still lag from time to time just as much as any other game out there.

  • 23. Re: A Huge Rant About This Awful Game. Enjoy Treyarch.
    teflon_skull

    Yes and no.  It's still one point of view that doesn't represent 100% what happened.  But, yes it does show it from your point of view which is what we see as a problem.  No, I don't have a capture card or a decent way to record at the moment.

     

    Do you have a link to the discussion with Treyarch about the lag?  I'm seriously asking as I'd just like to read it.

     

    I thought the survey was in game or something.  Never got one either, but I remember a few saying they did.  Just never heard anything more about it or it's current status.

     

    As to the trolls, they have moderators.  They do a pretty good job.  You can't just cut off communication or refuse to look at or fix problems because of people slinging insults on the internet.  How is that fair to the rest of the customers. 

     

    Honestly, I'd like to play the game I payed for.  If it played better for me, I'd buy the other two map packs for more variety.  However, it does not.  So, I won't.

  • 24. Re: A Huge Rant About This Awful Game. Enjoy Treyarch.
    Kram

    I have read countless posts where you ask for proof. We are on this forum discussing the obvious issues.Stop trolling these forums trying to bring in some contention for nothing TROLL

  • 25. Re: A Huge Rant About This Awful Game. Enjoy Treyarch.
    teflon_skull

    Dedicated servers make the lag problems much more consistant.  I know lag will never go away with current technology.  But, I have to agree that when it comes to consistancy, cheating, purposely impairing connections, etc dedicated is the way to go.

  • 26. Re: A Huge Rant About This Awful Game. Enjoy Treyarch.
    deamonomic

    teflon_skull wrote:

     

    Yes and no.  It's still one point of view that doesn't represent 100% what happened.  But, yes it does show it from your point of view which is what we see as a problem.  No, I don't have a capture card or a decent way to record at the moment.

     

    Do you have a link to the discussion with Treyarch about the lag?  I'm seriously asking as I'd just like to read it.

     

    I thought the survey was in game or something.  Never got one either, but I remember a few saying they did.  Just never heard anything more about it or it's current status.

     

    As to the trolls, they have moderators.  They do a pretty good job.  You can't just cut off communication or refuse to look at or fix problems because of people slinging insults on the internet.  How is that fair to the rest of the customers. 

     

    Honestly, I'd like to play the game I payed for.  If it played better for me, I'd buy the other two map packs for more variety.  However, it does not.  So, I won't.

    im pretty sure that whole discussion was brought up in a different lag topic... I dont know the exact place myself as I have only read it once. and that was a while ago sorry.

     

    and as for a 100%, ofcourse it wont be, but then again it doesnt have to be. We are all seeing something on our end that is making us feel that something is amiss. It has to be that way. its not possible for you know you having a problem you have no way of knowing is goingn on. as such something you are seeing on your end is making you feel like something is broken. for example having to fire shots into an enemy but not recieve hit markers, this is such a common complaint and one that will easily show through in a live recorded gameplay.

     

    in my honest opinion, after the countless hours I have spent looking into this issue I came to the same conclusion that The developers did in BO 1. Players are not experiencing exactly what they claim to be. found that bit out after I reached my own conclusion.

     

    While I have no doubt in my mind that some are indeed having issues I think most players are falling prey to these things:

     

    http://community.callofduty.com/message/414564306#414564306

     

    and if your willing to work on this issue join us over in my proving the lag topic:

     

    http://community.callofduty.com/message/414569975#414569975

  • 27. Re: A Huge Rant About This Awful Game. Enjoy Treyarch.
    deamonomic

    Kram wrote:

     

    I have read countless posts where you ask for proof. We are on this forum discussing the obvious issues.Stop trolling these forums trying to bring in some contention for nothing TROLL

    call me a troll all you want. Doesnt make it true. The developers themselves are also asking for proof. what do you guys think is going to happen by simply chatting about it and nothing else?? has it worked for you in the past 3 years or longer that you all have been doing it? no? really? wonder why?

     

    oh and I have to add. Its people like you who make this process take so much longer and in the end cause it to dead end and nothing be done. stop it. seriously you guys had your fun doing nothing for 3 years. Im here now and will make every effort to see this issue resolved.

     

    infact lets jump into that. What have YOU done to try to help this issue? anything? like I already said I have done my homework. I have spent countless hours looking into the things people claim. what about you? and I mean beyond watching a youtube video on youtube. that doesnt count. thats halfassed. have you done anything at all worth note? and yet you call me troll? HA

     

    The only reason you call me troll is that it just so happens that most people are not dealing with what they claim to be and I make it a point to show it. Why? because simply ignoring it or accepting it as proof because it has Lag in the title is piss poor reasearch and only serves to worsen the situtation. You are more of a troll then I am.

     

    anyone else wanna take a crack at the deamon while hes here and in minimum pain? I will eat you alive

  • 28. Re: A Huge Rant About This Awful Game. Enjoy Treyarch.
    deamonomic

    teflon_skull wrote:

     

    Dedicated servers make the lag problems much more consistant.  I know lag will never go away with current technology.  But, I have to agree that when it comes to consistancy, cheating, purposely impairing connections, etc dedicated is the way to go.

    I will agree that overall, dedis are more stable. but in the end still doesnt change the fact that it wouldnt be enough of an improvement to go through with it. I tell you exactly what would happen. They spring for dedi's, people see lag, they come here to insult the developers and tell them they dont know how to run dedis. thats exactly whats gonna happen.

     

    really why should the developers put up with any of it? why should they even bother to patch the game for a completely ungrateful community? those who do enjoy the game are too busy playing it to come here and counter the complainers. so all you ever really see on these forums are complaints. its this way with most things in life. people dont go out of their way to point out when someone did something right. its exected and as such overlooked. its when things are not done right that everyone goes out of their way to mention it.

  • 29. Re: A Huge Rant About This Awful Game. Enjoy Treyarch.
    Izjar11

    Hmmm you could simply get rid of the game, you know.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next