12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2013 10:15 AM by ChestSplittah RSS

true target audience?

anigavtew

Im jst wondering what the community thinks the target demographic is?

I've been playing since MW and own them all up until now and hove noticed That the easier the game has become the younger the gamers have become. When the maps were larger and when the maps supported many different styles of play, (rush/defensive/stealth etc). i noticed a much older crowd. now with very small maps that really only support rush game play and do away with any tactics other than smg hip fire. The crowd is much younger.

So why Lie to the consumer treyarch? just change the language in the CAMPAIGN which no one buys this game for. lets be honest, it all about the online play. Then put a T (teen) or All ages tag on the front? Or are you using the M rating to lure the younger gamers in (knowing their mommy or daddy will buy it) and keeping mature gamers interested.

How many mature 18+ gamers would really buy this game if it had a "T" or All ages rating tag on it.

So for the question asked. I'm putting the target demograchic in the age bracket of 10-17 and mature gamers

but mainly on the 10-17

• Re: true target audience?
    CupcakeBandit

its not just the language. there is actually more to it. cod consist of violence that involves bloood and even killing someone. the fact that this game uses guns will automatically put it in the mature category no matter what.

anigavtew

I just checked the cover of MAG and its teen. Its got loads of guns and your killing other players. only diff is no campaign and no language issuses. unless its from the players them selves.

The M rating is just a sales tactic to lure in the young gamer who thinks its 'Sick' or "Epic!"

CupcakeBandit

ok, so the rating is only applied to the campaign which no one really plays unless their internet goes down. lol

anigavtew

I actually think that the game would have far better features that use more RAM and memory if they just did away with the campaign altogether. no one really plays is. its a terrible story. and boring as hell to play. Even on the harder play throughs its very easy.

CupcakeBandit

the ram is not impacted by the campaign when you are playing multiplayer since you aren't actually needing anything from the campaign atm. what is actually being used for ram is things like damage cars, guns getting dropped on the ground, characters dead bodies, camos, bullets, the engine codes, character models, and other variables that need quick accessing.

TRU11

CupcakeBandit wrote:

ok, so the rating is only applied to the campaign which no one really plays unless their internet goes down. lol

yup multiplayer isent rated and it targets the younger audience.

just look at the emblem creator and all the camo stuff.

not to mention all the gore in the earlier COD are gone.

keep in mind that aim assist is so high it makes the game easier and they backed away from how snipers where supposed to be used by making QS possible.

also the lack of pro perks and the easieness of all the challenges show me that the aint trying to challenge anyone to archieve something.

zombie_BATMAN

look at it this way. if treyarch sold cigs instead of games, they would have alot of explaining to do with the childish designs on the personalization packs.

so far all the new camos all look like they were designed to attract the attention of little kids.

Izjar11

anigavtew wrote:

Im jst wondering what the community thinks the target demographic is?

I've been playing since MW and own them all up until now and hove noticed That the easier the game has become the younger the gamers have become. When the maps were larger and when the maps supported many different styles of play, (rush/defensive/stealth etc). i noticed a much older crowd. now with very small maps that really only support rush game play and do away with any tactics other than smg hip fire. The crowd is much younger.

So why Lie to the consumer treyarch? just change the language in the CAMPAIGN which no one buys this game for. lets be honest, it all about the online play. Then put a T (teen) or All ages tag on the front? Or are you using the M rating to lure the younger gamers in (knowing their mommy or daddy will buy it) and keeping mature gamers interested.

How many mature 18+ gamers would really buy this game if it had a "T" or All ages rating tag on it.

So for the question asked. I'm putting the target demograchic in the age bracket of 10-17 and mature gamers

but mainly on the 10-17

They've gone into a more broad younger audience, whom are easily sold. Its normal, they need to make money and selling it to a younger crowd is the way to go.

They should leave it T and let players accept it.

anigavtew

thats pretty much my thought as well. just put a TEEN rating on the game and be done with it.

look at the cammo packs etc. As a mature gamer i'd rather have dlc content that added to the actual game play, not make my gun look a different color.

I saw a guy/kid with orange skin on his gun. He stuck out like a sore thumb. so easy to see, so easy to shoot.

Alky6

All the KiddieKamo packs are a sure sign they have a big push going on to sell to the kids. Every lobby has prepubescent voices talking trash or making stupid noises. I have to instant mute everyone in the lobby or I can't bring myself to play.

ChestSplittah

This the push Treyarch took. They were only known for spiderman and Tony Hawk. You tell me if they sshould be taken seriously. The only high quality CoD games they had were while IW was given the crown (rightfully so). Since the whole debacle, look at the whole shift to disguise the lust for underage gamers, juveniles.