29 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2013 10:43 AM by IndyOldGuy RSS

MAJOR CHANGES THAT NEED TO HAPPEN!

MuscledRMH

So I'm pretty excited for Ghosts but I really hope IW will listen to this and improves some stuff that needs to be changed and fixed!

So first of all the amount of Losing late joins I get is horrible! Me and a lot of others get a lot of late joins were we just join a lobby for example Search and Destroy and we are losing with 3-0..... What's the point of that!?

Secondly please don't mess up the game with horrible lag like on Black Ops 2. I enjoy Black Ops 2 but without Lag.

Because there is a new engine we all want to see a really good hit detection because this should be possible with the new engine definitely.

Make a team snipers gamemode so Snipers won't ruin the other gamemodes and please please DO NOT BRING BACK THE UNBALANCED SUPPORT KILLSTREAKS!

I REALLY REALLY WANT GHOSTS TO BE A GOOD GAME BUT THESE ARE IMPORT THINGS I JUST SAID ABOVE HERE!

• Re: MAJOR CHANGES THAT NEED TO HAPPEN!
    iivrruummii

3arc and IW needs to ditch the join in progress.  It is just an outdated system for low population games.

ghamorra

iivrruummii wrote:

3arc and IW needs to ditch the join in progress.  It is just an outdated system for low population games.

Only if they can come up with a way to keep people from quitting. Right in Black Ops II there's no way I can play a match without having 5-6 people leave. The turnover rates during matches are worse than a innercity McDonalds

xCRzQCx

If there's so many player that quit is because of the Over Power killstreaks and lag, if there's none of those.. most of the people would stay in game but.. if I join a game and there's like 6 player vs 2 and there's like 1 lodestar, dog,swarm, VSAT and all those OP thing, and im getting **** by those thing, im gonna quit the game.. Why there's not as much quiting in game in CoD 4, because the killstreaks are not over power, Killstreaks have a too big part in CoD game.. people camp to get it.. there's too many variety.. they are too easy to get.. Each time I play with 5 of my friend we spam KillStreak, VSAT for the entired game,swarm,dog etc.. they should find a way to do something with killstreaks

xCRzQCx

*** Before someone complain about my English, im French and I'm trying to do my best.. sorry

SubToXd

People are going to quite no matter what. If your getting beat bad your going to quit. If me and my team are spawn trapping your team. Your going to quit because people care to much about stats.

RunAndGun1

SubToXd wrote:

If me and my team are spawn trapping your team. Your going to quit because people care to much about stats.

Spawn trapping is one form of disrespect in COD that is destroying this game series. Spawn trapping isn't a technique. It's a means of taking advantage of 3arch's crappy tiny map design to gain advantage over the opposing team. And it's a cheap way of improving KDR.

Sadly, so many players of the COD community are immature, self-centered, little jerks that failed to learn to respect others and just look out for their selfish goals. Forgetting that games like COD are team-based games, and are best played as a team. You can masturbate to your KDR, get all the scorestreaks you want, WITHOUT screwing with your teammate's gameplay and enjoyment of the game. Unfortunately, these same immature little brats are too stupid to figure this out, and continue to kill off the future of this excellent series with their narcissistic outlook on gameplay.

Yes, you too can enjoy COD without effing with your teammates. What's amazing is how many players ruin the fun of their teammates for their own selfish needs. Failing to discover the obvious ways to enjoy the game, get their scorestreaks, all without taking the fun out of it for everyone else. This, more then poor map design and lag, will eventually kill off this series.

iivrruummii

Spawn trapping is all map control.  There is nothing bad about having map control.  If you set up a line and the enemy team cannot break it then you win.  No one will run around the map capturing objectives in Dom that could cause them to lose the game.  It just takes common sense to know that if you capture the 3rd flag in Dom you could cause your team to lose more than just the spawn but also could change the tide of the game that your team was trying to keep.

I don't see how spawn trapping is disrespecting anybody.  You are out right getting out played.

ghamorra

iivrruummii wrote:

I don't see how spawn trapping is disrespecting anybody.  You are out right getting out played.

To certain extent. Spawntrapping is fine as long as it's not the the point that you're killing people right off the spawn. If you're not encroaching on the enemy spawn then by all means control the map. But if you're not giving the enemy an inch then you boosting in my book.

RunAndGun1

ghamorra wrote:

To certain extent. Spawntrapping is fine as long as it's not the the point that you're killing people right off the spawn. If you're not encroaching on the enemy spawn then by all means control the map. But if you're not giving the enemy an inch then you boosting in my book.

That's exactly what I meant. Not giving the enemy a chance to go anywhere or do anything.

That's what I hate about HIJACKED. Players will camp on the balcony overlooking the spawn area on one end of the boat and just pick people off as they spawn. That's what "spawntrapping" means to me.

iivrruummii

Spawntrapping is legit.

Spawnkilling is leget to a certain point, someimes it just isn't avoidable.

Boosting is all volenteer oriented.  You have to have one or more people volenteering to die repeatedly.  If you are trying to kill the enemy team then you are not volenteering to boost.  If you cannot kill the other team then you are just getting beat.  On maps like Hijacked it is just bad spawn locations.  There is many more locations that could be used to spawn but the developers completely ignore it.  There have been many people that spawn kill and have never been banned.  But if you have a dummy account or the enemy team is letting you kill them repeatedly then that is bannable and considered boosting.

RunAndGun1

iivrruummii wrote:

Spawntrapping is legit.

Spawnkilling is leget to a certain point, someimes it just isn't avoidable.

Boosting is all volenteer oriented.  You have to have one or more people volenteering to die repeatedly.  If you are trying to kill the enemy team then you are not volenteering to boost.  If you cannot kill the other team then you are just getting beat.  On maps like Hijacked it is just bad spawn locations.  There is many more locations that could be used to spawn but the developers completely ignore it.  There have been many people that spawn kill and have never been banned.  But if you have a dummy account or the enemy team is letting you kill them repeatedly then that is bannable and considered boosting.

Spawntrapping or spawnkilling is not legit, if it means not allowing players to spawn and move to defend themselves.

But, by the same token, the ability of players to spawnkill / trap is mostly due to bad map design and planning. I don't think players should spawn out in the open. They should spawn in a hidden corner or inside a building. What's the point of playing a game where you have no choice of where to spawn, and you spawn and get shot right away. There's no point in playing a game like that. It's BS design work.

Especially with the spawning issues that have been occuring in BO2 lately, where enemies are spawning right behind you seconds after you spawn. This isn't fair gameplay, but sloppy game design mostly borne of laziness on the developers' side.

SubToXd

Run and gun,

Everything you said about spawntrapping being disrespect is absurd. Actually the most absurd thing Ive ever heard. Spawn trapping is an objective every team goes for. Now saying, that people who are spawntrapping should stop so the onther team can enjoy the game is ridicoulous. Once you have stepped on an enemy's throat you dont let them up. Spawn trapping will always be there. BO2 tried to prevent spawn trapping and did a good job, but because of that they royaly f*cked the spawns. Im still baffled that you said it was a form of disrepect. Its a form of dominance and a clue that maybe you should hit some combat training for a month or two.

SubToXd

Bad idea. Ive seen it done for other games and it is not good. Your whole team leaves in the beginning and your stuck playing 1 on 6 or 1 on 4. Your quitting no matter what unless your playing against kids with no thumbs.

iivrruummii

1v6 games already exist, it doesn't make any difference.  If you are the 6, it is an automatic win, and if you are the 1 then you can drag the game out or quit.  Either way it would be a loss.  What if people joined onto the lossing team?  They are already at a disadvantage and that isn't fair for them.

Not having JIP has way more positives than negatives.

basketball1367

I agree, but as long as there is some way that makes it difficult for other players in the game to leave. For example, people can leave if there is just one minute left in the game. Maybe in domination, if there is a lead of 125 (just an idea) or higher, a player can leave.

MTeves

Its not a new engine its would take 200 engineers to amke a new engine. "when we're talking about a new engine, we're talking about upgrading significant systems within that engine -- we're not talking about throwing it all away  and saying we're starting from the ground up," vOLKER TOLD Official Playstation Magazine UK.

just had to put that out there, hat when people say new engine.

RunAndGun1

MTeves wrote:

Its not a new engine its would take 200 engineers to amke a new engine. "when we're talking about a new engine, we're talking about upgrading significant systems within that engine -- we're not talking about throwing it all away  and saying we're starting from the ground up," vOLKER TOLD Official Playstation Magazine UK.

just had to put that out there, hat when people say new engine.

Which means we may still end up with the same problems we're experiencing in BO2. Just that IW might actually have made SOME changes to reduce lag. Yes, there will always be lag. But, there's no excuse for the lag we have in BO2 when games like Battlefield 3 and their huge maps don't give me nearly the lag I experience in BO2.

I say dedicated servers. But, there's always someone who comes along and says, "You clearly don't understand dedicated servers."

Wrong. I understand dedicated servers ENOUGH to know that they play a huge part in reducing lag during gameplay. Battlefield 3 is PROOF of that. So, I don't need some goofball coming along telling me what I don't understand. My experience outranks their opinions.

MAJOR CHANGES THAT NEED TO HAPPEN..? Change in attitude will improve gameplay in COD like nothing else.

ghamorra

RunAndGun1 wrote:

I say dedicated servers. But, there's always someone who comes along and says, "You clearly don't understand dedicated servers."

Wrong. I understand dedicated servers ENOUGH to know that they play a huge part in reducing lag during gameplay. Battlefield 3 is PROOF of that. So, I don't need some goofball coming along telling me what I don't understand. My experience outranks their opinions.

I'll be that goofball to tell you you don't understand dedicated servers.

Comparing BF3 to Call of Duty is unfair and unequivalant. BF3 doesn't come close to the number of players that player Call of Duty, Activision would need to have a server farm in every major city around the world. That's how popular Call of Duty is. The funds needed to do are something no one can possibly comprehend, even with Activision's profits from game sales.

Then you have to think about the number of games these servers would have to support. Each year is a new game and each year is a new dedicated server system. You can't just switch the servers to the new title all at the same time. The transition between titles goes far past Christmas. You have to buy new servers and let the players make their way on to them.

Third, BF3 may have huge maps and players, but BF3 runs at 30fps and it's grahpic quality is nothing compared to Call of Duty. CoD would need far more resources to run than it would to power BF3, you add that to how many more players play CoD and in the end you have a multi-million dollar bill to pay each month per consoles, per title to put Call of Duty on a dedicated server.

RunAndGun1

ghamorra wrote:

I'll be that goofball to tell you you don't understand dedicated servers.

Comparing BF3 to Call of Duty is unfair and unequivalant. BF3 doesn't come close to the number of players that player Call of Duty, Activision would need to have a server farm in every major city around the world. That's how popular Call of Duty is. The funds needed to do are something no one can possibly comprehend, even with Activision's profits from game sales.

You're probably right, ghamorra. I stand corrected.

All I know is that the lag in BO2 is lag like I've NEVER seen before in ANY previous COD title. So, the fact remains that lag comp CAN be improved enough to make gameplay better for EVERYONE. From what I've heard about Ghosts, the issue of lag has been made a priority. Hopefully we'll see a noticeable change in Ghosts. I don't expect the lag to be great in the first month after release of Ghosts, because I know that multiplayer has to be played by the public before IW figures out what needs to be adjusted.

What infuriates me about BO2 is that it seems quite clear that 3arch has done nothing to adjust lag comp. Lag was bad for BO1 in the beginning, but it was improved well before the six month mark following release. It's been almost eight months since BO2's release, but lag has worsened and the spawning has actually worsened over time without any sign of being adjusted or improved.

At this point, I will not likely buy the next Treyarch version of COD. It would take a lot of convincing and proof to change my mind.

ghamorra

Black Ops II has gotten worse because Trey expanded the host selection to a wider range of players. Its popularity is falling quickly and in order to sustain itself they host selection has been made so the game can pick more candidates, this means people who should be host are made host for sake of getting matches going.

IndyOldGuy

Being behind other players in time is the single worse thing in COD IMO, worse than target finders, stealth bombers, one man army, noob tubes, death streaks....etc etc... nothing infuriates me more, than to know a guy is coming around a corner, you know he is coming so you go prone and aim down sights, waiting....then suddenly your dead, you watch kill cam and see that you didnt even fire a shot because he was already around the corner before you saw him...this also happens in reverse when you try to escape around the corner and know you have, but yet die anyway......LAG is the single worst thing in the COD series IMO....and hopefully they are concentrating 100% on that issue