37 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2013 1:22 AM by XxsartayxX RSS

Do YOU feel like Treyarch did a good job on this game?

Ovrlord

This question just popped up after watching in disbelief as WoodysGamertag makes a video on how Black Ops 2 is the best COD in the franchise so far, and while he is entitled to my opinion, we are all entitled to ours. With that said, I have a few things to say about the so-called "best" COD to date. I know this has been said enough, but there wouldn't be any complaints had they have had nothing to complain about.

The campaign and zombies were great. I have to give them credit on that one. But the multiplayer...how far have they fallen? This is the absolute worse multiplayer I have ever experienced in any Call of Duty. It's bad enough that it makes MW3 look good, which was the opposite of what they were supposed to be doing. There is plenty to complain about in terms of weapon balancing. No Treyarch fanboys, they are not balanced and you know that. The pistols are a prime example of why they aren't balanced (B23R and Kap 40 anyone?). The spawns are a freaking joke. Whenever you kill someone, you better watch your back because you're going to find them there. -_- The maps range from terrible to mediocre. While there are a few good maps like Grind, the game is dominated by the population of some of the worst maps I have ever seen. This is further infuriating by the presence of such tactics such as camping. I thought Call of Duty was supposed to be fast paced and not about who could set up the best camp. I would go to Battlefield if I wanted it to be more stationary. In addition to these fustrating aspects of the game, there is one problem that is inexcusable. The connection. I can't tell you how fustrating it is to shoot someone first and still die. Then when you look on the killcam, you're just standing there looking stupid while they kill you with no effort. If I do something on my screen, then it should have definitely happened instead of it showing nothing of what you did. I always wonder how a decent player will get decimated by people who aren't even all that great at the game despite you doing everything you could to win, but with all of the efforts made by the player detered by the game's faulty way of determining who wins gunfights, it isn't even worth the trouble. Sometimes it may even take you a disturbing amount of bullets to kill someone. One weird thing that happened to me today was when I shot at some guy whose back was turned away from me, then something pops up on my screen saying connection interrupted. Then when it finally returns to normal, I'm already dead, and the person I was shooting at just magicly killed me. Interestingly, on the killcam, he actually already had his back turned while I was stuck motionless. This leads to their security. I don't know what they're doing, but people can cheat on this game way too easily. No, I am not making this up for those of you who always like to challenge this. On more than once occasion, I check certain individuals combat records, and if you looked at their stats, you would know something is wrong. You tell me if having so many kills with a SMAW that you need for it to have a remainder at the end is legitimate. Don't even get me started on what the K/D was...

If you didn't feel like reading that long paragraph, here is the verdict. I feel like the game is way overpriced on what it actually provides. The multiplayer is terrible, and it is very fustrating for people to play. I believe Treyarch did a terrible job on the multiplayer side. I find little reason why people would have fun playing it despite all of the cool additions they added. The terrible connection, lackluster security, and failure to fix these issues makes a very irritating environment for people to play in.

• Re: Do YOU feel like Treyarch did a good job on this game?
    I_Am_Overpowered

But you continue to play a game you do not like or enjoy. I dont like carrots but let me continue to eat them & complain to farmers how much they suck

Ovrlord

That analogy doesn't work in this situation. You not liking carrots isn't anyone's problem since nothing will change that. However, the developers can fix the problems in their game that people aren't liking. Also, I never said I didn't like the game. I gave them props for the campaign and zombies, and said their multiplayer was terrible. If I'm going to make a post like this, I am going to play the multiplayer to see if it got better, which in most cases it doesn't. Better to have concise information than to blindly bash it.

kaktusbear

The solution to this problem is to accept the low-quality multiplayer and wait until you can play battlefield 4 on ps4/xbox1. Like the situation and don't be angry on the developers, that have all the money, presenting a crappy multiplayer. Games are entertainments, not annoyments - like this.

eRr0R_6_

unless ps4 or xbox 1 has a dedicated server, any COD will not be worth playing on it.. it will be the same trash they put out over and over year after year,.. better graphics, with the same ol lag

The biggest gripe people are having is the LAG.. but what does Activision care about? graphics "" oh look how beautiful this is, ohhh look how textured the rocks are.. nobody cares!.. the lag situation needs to get under control.. under control meaning it wont be completely fixed, but dedicated servers would make the game work and run way better...

i was undecided as to which new system to get, but i have decided.. if neither one have a dedicated server.. im not buying.... ill play ps3 until it dies, then im done

squity123

I think the Campaign was great (bar strike force), the MP ideas were amazing such as Scorestreaks, keeping stats after presteiging and scorestreaks. If the ideas were in the original BO this woule be great. The zombie mode sucked though you went from argualbly the best map ever "Moon" to TranZit which sucked

InstantOG

I feel all Treyarch games are half-assed productions with too many risks involved. Their games feel like $60 experiments and the IW games are $60 full versions with whatever worked for Treyarch added on.

squirt magoo

HELL NO!, What an absolute joke this game is. As i have said before, it is an unfinished POS which is based on an outdated multiplay engine, which never worked properly a few years ago. Tying some bows and ribbons to it does not make it work. In short Treyarch should be removed from the approved games creators list, and made to pay back every single disgruntled customer.

This is the first COD I've actually gotten really into.  Is it the best? I can't really say. I started with MW3, tho I will say BO2 is way better than it. Now I did play BO1 a few times  with my ex and I really enjoyed it too, but I didn't get into regular mutiplayer too much as I was a big fan of zombies. I  absolutely love the camo choices this game offers and the weapons all seem fairly balanced and I can pick up any of them and do ok with it (except for the crossbow, knifes and my fav the riot/assault shield ).

Is the game mechanics perfect? Gawd no! This game has a lot of glitchyness which brings on more than it's share of BS. Even in campaign as I found out all to well when I was working on all the achievements for it. For example, on veteran difficulty I was  standing next to nothing, but open sand and my horse in that desert mission and got hit by an RPG.  It then  said "you were killed by an exploding vehicle".  Apparently horses are highly explosive.. lol

Izjar11

Ovrlord wrote:

I feel like the game is way overpriced on what it actually provides. The multiplayer is terrible, and it is very fustrating for people to play. I believe Treyarch did a terrible job on the multiplayer side. I find little reason why people would have fun playing it despite all of the cool additions they added. The terrible connection, lackluster security, and failure to fix these issues makes a very irritating environment for people to play in.

Overpriced? A vast majority of new video games cost 60.00. If you want to debate price, thats what it costs to go to dinner now a days, or a bar or what ever. This video game might seem over priced to some, but its priced according to the market.

Your MP opinion is yours, and I do not agree they did a "terrible" job. You can take the game more serious than other, or you play and do not care its how you end up treating the game.

I play, I enjoy my time, but I do that with every game I have.

Ovrlord

I didn't say that to debate any prices. It essentially means that the game is not worth what it costs. In other words, it was not worth the money I spent to have it. I find your response interesting though. I can't see how someone would not care about the game being unfair. How can someone find enjoyment out of shooting someone first and dying, and your actions not even appearing on the killcam? That's basically telling me what I do doesn't matter and there is no point in even doing anything. How is that fun? How is that enjoyable? I would love to see an answer to that.

Izjar11

I didn't say that to debate any prices. It essentially means that the game is not worth what it costs. In other words, it was not worth the money I spent to have it.

Well, not everyone who buys a thing will be pleased by it. It happend with you and this game, happens to many others buying many other things..We all lose and we all gain in our purchases.

I can't see how someone would not care about the game being unfair.

unfair? What is unfair?

How can someone find enjoyment out of shooting someone first and dying, and your actions not even appearing on the killcam?

I find the game enjoying even with its WTH moments. Then again I dont take it "that" serious to judge it as unfair. A video game.

That's basically telling me what I do doesn't matter and there is no point in even doing anything. How is that fun? How is that enjoyable? I would love to see an answer to that.

I gave my opinion based on my experience and my take on a video game. If you are not having fun, if the word enjoyment is no longer present than yea, stop playing, get rid of the game and move on.

No one can tell you whats fun, find the answer you seek within your gaming and let it be so.

Ovrlord

Your first response is pretty obvious. I know I ended up the loser when I purchased this product. I don't need anyone to tell me this. (No disrespect intended.) Also, to answer your question on what is unfair, I believe I already stated that, so I don't feel the need to repeat myself on the bs moments of the game. IF you actually think what is currently happening with those type of situations is fair, then you need to look closer and see what's actually happening.

It's also not about taking the game "serious" to judge something as being unfair. That isn't even a factor into what is going on. I can care less about being super competitive or casual. If I find that I get a death I know I didn't deserve, and the killcam depicts the actions completely opposite of what happened on my end, then I have the right to say it's unfair regardless if I take the game seriously or not because that is what it is. And please, I don't know why people keep saying get rid of the game when I said on my original post they did a good job with the campaign and zombies.

Izjar11

IF you actually think what is currently happening with those type of situations is fair, then you need to look closer and see what's actually happening.

A WTH moment, is a WTH moment it really has nothing to do with being 'unfair'.

It's also not about taking the game "serious" to judge something as being unfair. That isn't even a factor into what is going on. I can care less about being super competitive or casual. If I find that I get a death I know I didn't deserve, and the killcam depicts the actions completely opposite of what happened on my end, then I have the right to say it's unfair regardless if I take the game seriously or not because that is what it is. And please, I don't know why people keep saying get rid of the game when I said on my original post they did a good job with the campaign and zombies

Well what you write, and what I read are differently

When I see the word "unfair" being thrown around as you are doing I question the reasoning. Yours is to point fingers at kill cams and the WTH factor. I would suggest you not play MP than. Stick with Zombies and campaign and you should be good without any "unfair' situations.

Ovrlord

Okay. If it has nothing to do with being unfair, then describe what it is then. You're still not explaining how it isn't unfair. If what you just said is your response to the bs in this game, then prove it. Please explain how what's going on in the game currently has nothing to do with being unfair.

Oh, and thank you. I actually do plan on sticking to zombies and the campaign. It's the only things I find that are good in this game at the moment.

Izjar11

Ovrlord wrote:

Okay. If it has nothing to do with being unfair, then describe what it is then. You're still not explaining how it isn't unfair. If what you just said is your response to the bs in this game, then prove it. Please explain how what's going on in the game currently has nothing to do with being unfair.

Oh, and thank you. I actually do plan on sticking to zombies and the campaign. It's the only things I find that are good in this game at the moment.

You mention that certain things in MP are "unfair" not me. I find nothing in the game "unfair" its a video game, and this particular one offers the most balanced experience in regards to guns, equipments, and perks. I can't explain why you think its unfair, you have that answer not me

zombies is great, no need to go into MP if you feel the way you do.

kaktusbear

Treyarch tried to give us 100% experience and failed multiplayer. The part of the game, player play the most. How ironically is that haha They tried and failed. And they don't even try to fix anthing, because how can you fix something that's beyond broken. When it comes to dollars and cents I feel robbed on the money spent on this game+DLCs. On Battlefield 3 and all DLCs I never ever felt robbed on my money. It's a great quality product. DICE can have my money. Treyarch tried and failed.

RunAndGun1

kaktusbear wrote:

Treyarch tried to give us 100% experience and failed multiplayer. The part of the game, player play the most. How ironically is that haha They tried and failed. And they don't even try to fix anthing, because how can you fix something that's beyond broken. When it comes to dollars and cents I feel robbed on the money spent on this game+DLCs. On Battlefield 3 and all DLCs I never ever felt robbed on my money. It's a great quality product. DICE can have my money. Treyarch tried and failed.

TOTALLY agree, kaktusbear. Treyarch will never get another penny from me. This game is an insult to the Call of Duty name and to the people who bought it expecting a quality product. If you think this is a good COD title, then I heavily doubt that you played any earlier version of COD and I doubt your understanding of quality.

The singleplayer campaign is also a piece of crap. It plays like a Role Playing game, which is not what COD is about. The campaign for Ghosts looks very promising. I also loved the singleplayer campaign for MW3. I loved playing it.

I pray that Ghosts will ramp COD back up to a high quality product again. I hope they have a variety of maps; large, medium and small. BO2 maps are mind numbingly simplistic and boring. I started playing BO2 tonight, and stopped after a few minutes. It's just too boring now.

Crossing my fingers for COD: Ghosts.

teflon_skull

Short answers:

Multiplayer Gameplay:  No.

Maps:  No.

Class Design:  Like pick 10, rest is meh.

Zombies:  No.

Campaign:  Liked the ideas behind the commander control, but felt out of place...   Overall, No.

Game Overall:  No.

squity123

I think the game is OK, but if they included maps in the start instead of prostponing them till DLC that'd be great. Also make the DLC prices lower like £5-7 then it would be worth it.

Xx67Customs

I feel like they have done a good job with this CoD for where the game is at in it's life cycle.

They are working with a really old engine and they are trying to freshen a series that is getting stale.

In my opinion, they did a great job with what they had to work with. The Pick 10 system is nice and makes class choice fun. I enjoy score streaks as opposed to kill streaks. The graphics look good and for me, the gameplay is smooth. I don't have that many WTH moments. Just good gameplay 90% of the time. I like the weapon choices and I enjoy almost all of the maps.

Sure, there are some things in the game I really dislike (*cough* target finders *cough*), but that can be said about any CoD. Nothing is every perfect.

I really enjoy the multiplayer as well as the single player. I'm not a huge Zombies fan, but I have definitely had fun in short spurts with the Zombies.

It might not be my all time favorite CoD just yet, but it is close to the top.

nomorebull

You just pointed out what is the truth exept the games sucks donkey d i c k . They are working with an old engine because they aren't smart enough to make their own. The game is the worst cod ever made. You guys missed out if you never got to play Modern Warfare, which made cod so popular. Modern Warfare or cod 4 had to be the most fun game and fair game ever made. Black ops 2 is nothing more than a broken game that Treyarch isn't smart enough to fix. I will give them credit for making world of war and what I consider the best cod game mode(war). The one thing they got right and they took it away, just goes to show how stupid they really are.

teflon_skull

Here is the thing that gets me.  And this is from an Xbox/console viewpoint of the game.

The engine is not new at all.  They know it's limits and what it does well.

The console is not new at all.  They know it's limits and what it does well.

Every xbox is essentially the same.  They don't have to worry about multiple system configurations and odd bugs caused by a slew of drivers and other installed software.  They have nothing but knowns to deal with.

So, why does this game play so horribly?  Especially in multiplayer?  Most will blame lag/latency.  But, lag/latency has been around forever.  This game handles it poorly and is designed badly. 

I finally got around to trying the campaign.  It has several glitches, hiccups, and graphic stalls as well.

Zombies.  I played the first map/campaign/whatever for about two minutes and turned it off.  Horrible gameplay and bugs.  I used to enjoy zombies.  I used to enjoy survival too.  I did not enjoy this zombies at all.

Xx67Customs

I played CoD 4, WaW, MW2, Black Ops, MW3, and Black Ops 2. I didn't miss out.

I highly doubt it is all about not being able to develope their own engine. I think it has more to do with money and Activision control. Activision isn't going to fund the $ for a new CoD engine until they have to. If Ghosts wasn't coming out for a new console generation, CoD would be running on yet another updated old engine.

Activision was finally forced to update. Activision doesn't want 3Arc taking time to develope a new engine in a two year game cycle. They want them to rush out the new CoD.

Blame Activion, not 3Arc. Black Ops 2 is running better than MW3. Like I said, I think 3Arc has done well with this game.

To me, Black Ops 2 is as much fun as any of the previous CoD games. People remember the older games differently. They want to remember them being better when in fact, the community was saying the same things at the time as they are now. Nothing has changed in that respect. At least 3Arc added a little spice to a stale CoD with the last game on this engine.

I'm not denying that there are some issues, but this game is nowhere near broken as people LOVE to say. It playes very well and is fun.

Lastly, I find it comical that you are calling them too stupid to "fix" the game. If you are so smart, and since you obviously know what to do about it, why don't you go put in a resume and "save" the CoD series for us? Or, better yet, go start a development company and try to get Activision to sign you. I'd love to see what happens.

Nubdub

Xx67Customs wrote:

I played CoD 4, WaW, MW2, Black Ops, MW3, and Black Ops 2. I didn't miss out.

I highly doubt it is all about not being able to develope their own engine. I think it has more to do with money and Activision control. Activision isn't going to fund the $ for a new CoD engine until they have to. If Ghosts wasn't coming out for a new console generation, CoD would be running on yet another updated old engine.

Activision was finally forced to update. Activision doesn't want 3Arc taking time to develope a new engine in a two year game cycle. They want them to rush out the new CoD.

Blame Activion, not 3Arc. Black Ops 2 is running better than MW3. Like I said, I think 3Arc has done well with this game.

To me, Black Ops 2 is as much fun as any of the previous CoD games. People remember the older games differently. They want to remember them being better when in fact, the community was saying the same things at the time as they are now. Nothing has changed in that respect. At least 3Arc added a little spice to a stale CoD with the last game on this engine.

I'm not denying that there are some issues, but this game is nowhere near broken as people LOVE to say. It playes very well and is fun.

Lastly, I find it comical that you are calling them too stupid to "fix" the game. If you are so smart, and since you obviously know what to do about it, why don't you go put in a resume and "save" the CoD series for us? Or, better yet, go start a development company and try to get Activision to sign you. I'd love to see what happens.

Ghost will not have a new engine. They are using the same engine they have used in all other COD games. We were lied to with the initial announcement.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/409202/call-of-duty-ghosts-engine-is-signif icantly-upgraded-not-all-new/

lulamaemobster

I think this game is unfinished and, in a lot of areas, broken.  I don't think they've tried to evolve past a point they reached a few games ago and that's due to people who mindlessly accept this game as a benchmark in the genre.

The lag should no longer be an issue at this point since they know what they're trying to do.  Interactions between players and their weapons are unrealistic at best, and the focus seem to be on everything else but the actual game play.

kaktusbear

We get no Multiplayer-Beta, before release, because look at the fix-lists of the multiplayer. But its business, buy it and then get ******. BF3 had a Multiplayer-Beta, why... it's because DICE want feed-back. Treyarch don't want feed-back before release. If Treyarch doesn't like complaints, don't release a broken multiplayer. Some of the the information we get from the patches isn't new problems, it's repeating problems coming back every COD. Don't the developers know these things? Treyarch is the past. DICE or maybe IW is the future. But I bet we get ****** and never going to play a Ghost-multiplayer-Beta. If IW do that then I know they are doing something new and great. But pre-order it and get ******. That's a good deal, right? haha

Adam1234567893

That's not the reason why they aren't fixing anything it's not cause of complaining its because idiotic immature trolls sent them death threats and messed up insults to them on twitter about their game. So they are smiting the community because of those people on Twitter.

lulamaemobster

Exactly, it makes me wonder who tests these games before release.  I want to like this game, it looks like it could be something but the developers just can't seem to right the ship.  The guns seem to work the same way no matter what gun your using, which is okay to start off with, but, after you start there, they should add in the actual effects of that particular gun like a shotgun knocking you down or injuring you even if it just grazed you or sniper rifles winning over an assault rifle due to distance.  The connections should've been figured out a while ago, they have to have the resources at this point to have dedicated servers for the game or, if they insist with this hosting process, cap everyone's connection at a same low speed so that no one has a distince advantage. 

Adam1234567893

I think they did a great job on the Campaign and Zombies so in reality they did a good job on their game Local and Zombies and Campaign wise. However when you connect it to the internet to try to play Multiplayer online there is nothing but problems and the op basically nailed it. Their problem is that took out their anger on the community when all those death threats and insults happened so decided to punish the community by abandoning their game. Another problem with the company is that they don't listen to 100 percent of their community they are only listening to the garbage of the community basically the people who ruin this game on a daily basis. What they should do is have a survey for their multiplayer every week built into the game basically asking about how the community's experience was. The reason why their DLC is in a rut is because they don't wanna take risks and for the weapon dlc it's the risk of rebalancing. Basically every gun you see in Zombies can be used in the multiplayer because they share the same engine so Treyarch can release weapon DLC into the Multiplayer. If Treyarch starts releasing bigger and better maps and took more risks with their DLC their game can be epic. Hell they could even have the community vote for map ideas that they have so that the DLC is at least what the community wants but they won't even do that. Hopefully they fix or address these game breakers soon.

XxsartayxX

i love the maps and the weapons and just the whole game