10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2013 6:22 PM by rlbl RSS

A general question / discussion.

mdm123456789

This is primarily aimed at the Domination players (Hardcore). This is NOT a rant or b**ch thread. I'm just wondering what you "pros" think. And by me saying "pros", I'm talking about you people who do what I'm describing next. When playing Domination, my team and I run along, cap our spawn flag, then usually cap B flag. Alright, through out the game, we strategically place ourselves to hold down the two flags. Covering flank routs and choke points, racking up kills, and defends. Now, the end of the game arives and all you hear from the "pros" is how we were camping scrubs, bla bla f**king bla. So here's the question I'm wanting these people to answer because I'm willing to bet that some of whom I described are reading this or at least attempting to read it.

Q: After a team caps two of the flags, what is it we are supposed to do in order of pleasing you crying people? Are we supposed to cap the first two flags and do one of two things, cap B and turn around and run back to our spawn so you can cap it? Or, are we supposed to cap the flag, then run around jumping up and down screaming," HEY, WE CAPPED THIS ONE, YOU CAN KILL US NOW!" "I'M OUT IN THE OPEN TO AVOID THE INFAMOUS HEAD GLITCH SO YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM SHOOTING US!" I mean, Heaven forbid the enemy makes it hard for you to shoot them.

I mean really, if there was some kind of memo that came out saying that we had to cater to handicaps, I didn't get it. So please, SOMEONE without trying to be a smart a** explain what it is a person must do in domination. I'm under the impression that once you cap two of the flags, you hold them down and win the game. That simple.

Oh, and for the "You must triple cap" farfanoogins (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=farfanoogin) you can just hit the backspace button and go to one of your "This weapon killed me twice" thread or some other thread of the same type.

Normal people, feel free to add your opinion as well.

• Re: A general question / discussion.
    TRU11

personally when i play solo or with a party we will also just capture home and B flag.

its the best way to deal with the atrocius spawns in this game.

its only when the spawns are flipped its when i go and capture an enemy flag(happens alot with randoms)

or ill triple cap when i play against really stupid opponents.

Also nuketown i just rush the middle like a madman for fun.

Lawman911

There are people on these forums and community that believe you have to go after the third flag, since the name of the game is domination. I believe domination is multiple forms, you can play it by capping all the flags or dominate the other team by not allowing them movement into your AO. Most people that complain about those that play with your technique are the rushers since they cannot just run around aimlessly kill whoring. I look at it this way, win and dominate the other team into submission, who gives a crap how they want you to play. Besides they will either leave the lobby or stay for revenge.

CupcakeBandit

you are not playing with pros. if you are playing with pros, you will know it. there is a difference when playing with them. i've played with pros who would just destroy my team and not complain if they lost a flag or 2.

sennalike

I play HC Dom, solo, 100% of the time, nothing else.

TBH, there are so many boosters, people trying for trick shots, and idiots who decide team annoying/killing is fun, it isn't often the game gets to the stages you mention!  Joking aside, the bit about boosters is no joke, way too many of them, but it really doesn't matter which way you want to play it.  If you need the triple cap card then go for it and hope your team help you out.  If not then two flags is the sensible approach, not only will it give you the win but the match lasts longer allowing more use of scorestreaks, or just getting kills. 

The best team I ever had the privilege of playing with (by pure luck) was just rampant.  Got the three flags within about a minute, never lost one and not one player sat camping/defending.

The best matches I have had have been where all twelve players are playing the objective, nobody cares about their KDR or scorestreaks, and the focus is switching between all three flags as opposed to being solely around the B flag.  On the rare occasions when matchmaking gets the teams nicely balanced they are extremely fun matches.

The more CoD you play solo, the more you realise you just have to be entirely selfish about the whole experience.

rlbl

Considering dominating for the whole time is not an easy thing to do (proof - there is a challenge for it that few people relative to the whole have accomplished) it should be obvious to anyone that Dominating by capping all 3 flags is not required.

Elite (and a COD wiki) used to describe that the best strategy to play is to cap 2, and never go into the enemy spawn. The only time you need to trip cap is if the game is close and you need to come back from a deficit,

Dominating could easily mean "Keep Your enemies at bay and not allowing them to win"

From previous - Winning is the primary goal... often trying to dominate is a good way to lose (unless everyone on the team knows what to do)

Often people will hang back and not advance to help cap B and try to pick people off trying to cap it. Most of the time the people who cry that you "camped the flags" are the people who could not mobilize their team to help (or would not themselves and failed to get their kill streaks). The goal is to cap and defend... not cap and run away. People who do not understand this, tend to lose a lot.

mdm123456789

rlbl wrote:

The goal is to cap and defend... not cap and run away. People who do not understand this, tend to lose a lot.

Thank you. That's what cracks me up when playing and receive hate mail or verbal insults from people who expect you to cap and run.

Ungrateful_Dead

Normally I would agree with all those that advocate the cap 2 and control the map method, but there is an alternative style that is worth consideration.

If you have watched any YouTube COD videos at all, then you have probably seen xcal in action.  Xcal will almost always push to cap the third flag to force a spawn flip, then relentlessly go back to the first flag and do it again.  The only one he typically makes an effort to defend is the B flag.  All this capping flags (and killing while doing it) allows him to maintain a Domination Score Per Minute in the 700 range.

Since the spawn flips are tough for the average player to keep up with, I wondered if there was a point to it outside of racking up SPM for caps.  My theory is that an exceptional player like xcal can rely on his gun skills and understanding of spawns to be ahead of most players, thus giving him an advantage in most lobbies.  This likely ends up giving him better gameplays and allows him to top the lobby scoreboard.  It also doesn't really hurt his W/L, which is pretty high for a guy who plays solo so often.

So if you have any desire to up your SPM without getting 100+ kills, then capping and recapping is an option.  I don't think it's that bad a strategy, if your team in onboard with it.  If you have guys that like to hold a point and never move, they are going to be pissed when they start getting shot in the back after the spawn flip.  If you have guys that like an active game and can move around, Domination doesn't have to be a 10 minute spawn trapping demonstration. 

I think a good team should be able to play either way, because if you can only trap, you are eventually going to run into a team that is better at it than you.

mdm123456789

Ungrateful_Dead wrote:

So if you have any desire to up your SPM without getting 100+ kills, then capping and recapping is an option.

My SPM is well above 100 in domination. 400 SPM last time I checked

Ungrateful_Dead wrote:

I think a good team should be able to play either way, because if you can only trap, you are eventually going to run into a team that is better at it than you.

There will always be a team better than the next.

rlbl

Ungrateful_Dead wrote:

Normally I would agree with all those that advocate the cap 2 and control the map method, but there is an alternative style that is worth consideration.

It is definitely a great and fun way to play. If one is playing solo however one can mess up their team unless they all know this is how the game is being played. Getting a high SPM is impressive, as long as it is not at the sacrifice of winning (or making it hard for the teammates to win). If this person is doing so and winning... Fantastic.

Otherwise, I am not sure it matters.

A group I play with typically caps 2 until the score is such we cannot lose, then we go chaotic.  AFterwards we tried going chaotic from the get-go and our win ratio did not suffer, but did take a minor hit. I guess it is what is important to you...

Nope what you do is completely normal. The other team is just mad because you're running the same strategy as them most likely, but better. They're just salty scrubs. I see it this way, most people when playing Dom on Hijacked would pin me at A if they could so I'm gonna spawn camp the crap out of the other team if I get the chance. I don't care if it's cheap, not my problem. I have my ways of getting around spawn traps. Learn, develop, and continue.