40 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2013 3:11 PM by Aioz RSS

DONE WITH THIS GAME

Aioz

Im getting less and less intrested on this game, or should i say this franchise in the nintendo consoles?, first of all there are no incentives to keep people playing, there is no support form developers even in this page they have abandoned us, servers go down very frecuently since april, no DLC or additional content to keep the game interesting, developers here are just limiting discussions rather than giving us some info or news about tha game, im done with this fanchise if they were expecting the player base to grow then they are doing everything wrong to get to that goal, thanks to this game and previous installement on wii im not buying ghosts, if i ever get to play it will be in a friends house or so.

• Re: DONE WITH THIS GAME
    TheFreshBamboo

Because paying $20 for 4 maps, a game mode, and a peashooter makes the game MUCH more entertaining.

Aioz

well at least it make it no that repetitive as it is

TheFreshBamboo

Aioz wrote:

well at least it make it no that repetitive as it is

Next on "Your Grammar Sucks"...

But let's just compare BO2 and the DLC.

Revolution - 4 Multiplayer Maps, 1 New mode, 1 Zombie Map, and a new gun for $20.

Uprising - 4 New Maps and a new mode. $20

Black Ops 2 - 11 Campaign Missions, 5 Strike Force Missions, 14 Multiplayer Maps, 13 Different Game Modes, 1 Zombie Map, and 3 Zombie Game Modes. $60

It's obvious DLC is a ripoff.

Aioz

i didnt say it wasnt dude, and the discussion isnt even about that, its about how mediocre this game and franchise was and has been on nintendo, if you are cool with it thats ok, but i have a different opinion

TheFreshBamboo

Alright, sorry for being rude earier, but you had 3 reasons why you were done:

-Lack of support

-Servers Down

-DLC

I should have mention the other two, althrough I can agree with you on lack of support, when I played in April nad May I never had problems with servers going down.

Whack-a-newbie

You make a valid point. DLC definitely isn't as good a value as buying the full game. More bang per dollar for your $60 investment with a new game... but such is the way of capitalism. There is always economy in scale. Buy more, get more. Ever hear of Costco or Sam's Club?

DLC is clearly significantly more profitable for the publisher, but it also provides a way for a player to extend the playabillity of their initial $60 investment for 1/3rd the cost of having to drop cash on a new game. And, of course, in the case of Wii U, alternative options are precious and few.

So given the choice of retiring a game to the shelf, I would opt for the modest cost of DLC.

And let's not forget the ongoing operating cost publishers face to provide that online playground we love to hate. Once you buy that copy of BO2 your expense ends. Publishers expenses continue for as long as they provide online services. Cripes, they're still providing online access for games that were pubished five or six years ago. How many copies of COD:MW do you think they've sold lately? But they're still providing online services for it. DLC provides a tool for publishers to recoup some the ongoing expense required to provide that capability. And I assure you, that it not an inexpensive proposition.

So yes, buying a new game gets you more for your money, but DLC is a valid option. Maybe not a good fit for everyone, but I definitely see merit in it.

CongerEel

DLC for free just only Nuketown 2025; and the sales of WiiU Black Ops will skyrocket.

BobbyMcGee

In soviet Russia game is done with you...

BCCSinCARA

Your logic is depressingly broken.

PenguinAvenger

While I agree that we are that "weird kid that lives down the street that no one likes" in their eyes,  there is a big, huge...Nay! Giant! Reason why we wont get DLC (besides that which has been stated above).  That reason is player numbers.  You take forever to find matches or get crappy hosts/lag now, wait until the small player base gets fractured with DLC and you end up having a bunch of super tiny player pools.  Good luck getting a decent game then...we'll at least you'll have different scenery while you rage.

Now, that being said, I would have continued playing if they would have kept supporting the game.  Have not touched the game since the last patch.

smokeypervert

Yea, noofence, I don't know why any Wii U player would be playing this game this long without DLCs. Unless you have a lot of friends to keep the game fresh, you should of gotten your full experience then some by now.