8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2013 12:14 AM by TenyTinyKaz RSS

Unable to find Multiplayer matches for long sequences of time

Bpeagle11

Hi,

Up until yesterday I was able to join and play just about any match I wanted to. Then suddenly everytime I look for a match it sends me to a lobby by myself for long periods of time and takes upwards of 5-10 minutes to find a game. I know IT IS NOT MY INTERNET, I am using a wired connection and my NAT is set on open. I have changed search preferences from Normal to Any and this has done virtually nothing. I occaisionally get into more games but the connections are so bad I cannot play them. This happened on the flip of a coin and suddenly won't find my matches normally.

Thanks

BP

• Re: Unable to find Multiplayer matches for long sequences of time
    sam686

Hello, which console are you using? The problem may be your internet connection suddenly goes poor. Can you try speedtest.net to tell us your download speed, upload speed, and ping? You may try using your console's web browser if using Playstation 3.

For Black Ops 2, it is very important to have the lowest ping possible, less then 50 ms, lower is better.

If you get too high of ping, the problem may be your connection to internet or your ISP (internet service provider).

What is your ISP?

Bpeagle11

Xbox 360

Ping: 49ms

Download Speed: 1.42 Mbps

Upload Speed: .88 Mbps

I have ATT internet, never been a problem.

I will say after giving it about 8 hours it is doing much better. But I am afraid this problem may arise again. There are 4 computers 3 phones and 1 xbox on my internet, but half of those are only on at atime.

sam686

Your download and upload speed is good enough for Black ops 2, as long as all other computers is not using the bandwidth. If the laggy problem happens again, go check other computers (stop the downloads) and possibly disconnect other computers from the internet.

You might try getting more download speed if other computers will be frequently downloading stuff or playing youtube videos. Higher speeds helps reduce lag problem when other computer downloads stuff.

As long as all your computers and phones isn't downloading or using the internet, you shouldn't see the lag problem. Does this information help you?

ATVIAssist

Hello Bpeagle11, sorry to hear about the matchmaking problems! Have you recently changed any settings on your modem or router? You may try power cycling both - sometimes these kind of issues can arise after connections have been interrupted.

Thanks
    ^NM

TenyTinyKaz

I've been finding and playing any match for 6 months now but I spend most of my time playing hardcore kill confirmed.  On Saturday morning I purchased the Vengence DLC now when I try to play hardcore kill confirmed i spend ages sitting in a lobby by myself, I gave up after sitting there by myself for 40 minutes last night.  I have tried going in and out of the lobbies, I can play other matches but not KC.  Has continued all day today as well, I'm really gutted I can't figure out what is going on.