7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2013 7:31 AM by ATVIAssist RSS

Black Ops 2 Keeps Freezing My PS3

barrington1

Hi,

I purchased Black Ops 2 on Sunday.

I am unable to get past the first level because it keeps freezing my slim 120gb PS3. How do I fix this?

I have never purchased a game which causes my console to crash. It seems really shoddy.

Should I just take it back to the shop and buy a different game?

Any help would be appreciated.

Barrington

• Re: Black Ops 2 Keeps Freezing My PS3
    ATVIAssist

Hello Barrington,

Very sorry to hear about your freeze issues! Can you first off, try deleting your game data utility, reupdate your game, and see if this helps at all.

Also, if you have access to another console, please try testing your disc out on it and see if the freezes still ocurr. Alternatively, try another disc out, on your console. ^JG

barrington1

Deleting the game data utility makes no difference. It keeps freezing at exactly the same place every time.

Just after you are on the ground behind a log carrying someone on your back where there are Cubans. It says to press the circle to duck and then locks up every time.

I don't have access to another PS3 and what suggestion do you mean by "try another disc out"? My other games all work fine.

How do I get my money back for this piece of crap game?

I'm so angry and annoyed.

sam686

Make sure your game disk is clean, and have no scratches.

What was meant is to try another copy of "Black Ops 2" disk. Does the freezing stops when using another "Black Ops 2" disk?

If it freezes multiple times, all in only one specific part of a campaign, and a different copy of "Black ops 2" fixes the problem, then the problem might be your copy of "Black ops 2" disk might be scratched, dirty, or defective.

With a lack of showing disk read error message while running this game, the game may freeze on disk read error.

Note, if the freezing continues with another "Black ops 2" disk, then there may be something wrong on your Playstation 3 itself which sometimes you might be able to fix it yourself by deleting stuff in "Game data utility", your game saves are stored in "Saved data utility". Or going as far as reformatting and erasing everything in PS3 (back up first to external FAT32 formatted USB disk)

ATVIAssist

One thing you can try is run a perform a Restore File System. This will check for any corrupt and missing system files on your PlayStation 3 console:

1.) Turn off PS3 so the red light is on.

2.) Hold and keep holding the power button. The console will turn on, and eventually turn off again.

3.) Once off, with the red light on again, press and hold the power button. You will hear one beep, another single beep after that, and then two beeps in a row. After the two beeps, let go of the power button so it doesn't turn off again and you'll end up in the system recovery menu.
    4) Once in this menu, select the 3rd option listed as RESTORE FILE SYSTEM. WARNING: CHOOSING THE WRONG OPTION WILL WIPE YOUR HARD DRIVE.

Let us know if this works for you. ^SM

anw-_-

There is no quick fix for this problem.

The way the game was coded on ps3, COD Elite tracking, Black Ops 2 lag, ps3 hardware struggling to multitask all play a part in why this game freezes and forces you to reset your ps3 so often.

Patches have fixed some freezing issues since launch but not 100%.

The ps3 lags or freezes when you try to pull up the PS3 dashboard menu while in Black Ops 2.

Like if you try to message someone while the game is running it might lag and freeze for 30 seconds or freeze your system alltogether.

Just like it's famous internet browser that ALWAYS freezes 24/7.

Black Ops 2 was coded for Xbox 360 and poorly ported over to PS3.

PS3 is aging hardware that is not very good at multitasking.

PS3 is known for freezing up alot on any game.

Nothing you can do will fix Black Ops 2.

Only the developers can help by releasing more patches to fix the issues. Like the spawn system lol

Black Ops 2 has run it's lifespan and now it's time for Call Of Duty Ghosts.

COD games only last 1 year and then it's no longer worth waisting time on due to hackers and other problems.

If a COD game isn't fixed within 6 months of release then it will never be fixed.

Not worth the developers time or money.

There to busy working on then next COD.

JellyBeanFTW

Dude....

I just started playing the campaign today (xbox360) and it froze in EXACTLY the same place.  Just a few seconds after being told how to duck (like I don't know how).  I am 'installing' the game from the disc now.  I'll let you know if that ends up helping.  Thanks for sharing your problem on here.  It took me a while to find anyone with this same problem.  Strange that it's on the PS3 though?