29 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2013 7:54 PM by Izjar11 RSS

Do boosters even get banned?

Ktbffh

I feel that they dont even get banned unless they do it a lot is this true? Thoughts on this topic please

• Re: Do boosters even get banned?

I've kept track with quite a few that have still yet to be banned.

Lawman911

Only when a developer is really bored.

I dont think they ban people; my reasoning for this is that on previous forums, every day you had someone complaining that they had been reset and it wasnt them it was there mate I havent seen any on here!

Of topic slightly how can you follow a player from one lobby to another, tell you why i ask, the other day caught two boosters (who i reported) and they quickly backed out. I joined another lobby and there they were again, I called them out again but lost them when they backed out. Would love to follow people who do this and keep calling them out.

sennalike

There has been one or two of those types of threads, but you're right, nowhere near as many as in previous CoD.  From the developer perspective, I dread to think how many reports they get daily, it would demand a huge amount of resource to take the appropriate action in good time.  What annoys me is the boosters and cheats do it in public lobbies spoiling the matches for the legit players.  Had a match last nght with three different sets of boosters, taking six out of twelve player slots.  Ridiculous, but all you can do is report, leave lobby and hope the next one has legit players.

To answer your off topic question.  It all depends how many players are online and playing the game type with the same preference settings as you.  I had a guy following me from lobby to lobby one night (all he did was follow and annoy his team mates instead of playig the game).  I left the lobby and started a new match only to find he appeared again, and then again.  When I saw him again the following day I switched preference and haven't seen him since.

Izjar11

Ktbffh wrote:

I feel that they dont even get banned unless they do it a lot is this true? Thoughts on this topic please

They do get banned. Its just not as quickly as we would like, but it happens all the time.

rlbl

Yes people do get banned, all the time.

Just because someone reports a few people and they track them to see they are not banned is a drop in the water.

Not everyone who gets banned come to the forums complaining; and we do not know everyone in the world and have no idea how many people are getting reported/banned on a daily basis.

I have personally seen people get banned; as well I have reported some people who never got banned. That means nothing,

lunatyk7968

ok then why dont they block that persons IP address from ever playing again...im trying to play fairly but its very frustrating when people whove hacked the game are all over the place...im about to cancel my CopD:Ghost and sell my Cod:BO@ cuz of so many hackers/boosters...

TRU11

i miss the i got banned threads

ATVIAssist

Wanted to shed some light on this.

Reports are taken very serious by us, as we know how cheaters/glitchers/boosters can have a very negative impact on your gaming experience. Claims are thoroughly reviewed by our security team before any action is taken.

One of the I read alot of is, " I reported so and so, and they are still playing". Please do keep in mind that we reiceve several thousand reports, so while you may not see immediate action, we will get to it soon enough should it be a valid report. Also, due to confidentiality, we will not provide updates or actions taken as a result of your report. ^JG

P0nic0rn78

The Mods here are pretty good at removing the "I been ban for no reason" messages.  if you go to atvi assist facebook page and read between the lines you would see lots of "I been reset and I don't know why, please help me" postings. 

If you care to venture into the scummier parts of the interwebs, their forum postings are usually full of ban postings.

zombie_BATMAN

i just cant wait for school to start. almost every game i have these little kids going 0-20 on my team while the kid with the same clan tag on the other team goes 21-4.

so half the games you get dropped into the other team is winning by 40 points and raining nonstop scorestreaks for the remaining few minutes left in the game.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Reports are taken very serious by us, as we know how cheaters/glitchers/boosters can have a very negative impact on your gaming experience. Claims are thoroughly reviewed by our security team before any action is taken.....

...Please do keep in mind that we reiceve several thousand reports, so while you may not see immediate action, we will get to it soon enough should it be a valid report....

With all due respect, I do wonder how seriously you take the issue and how thoroughly you look into them. 

Do you get thousands of reports per day, per week.  I'm sure you get a lot and it must be a pretty resource- and time-consuming task to look into them.  In mind with this, can you shed some light on what you mean by "thorough."

One of the I read alot of is, " I reported so and so, and they are still playing".  Also, due to confidentiality, we will not provide updates or actions taken as a result of your report. ^JG

How 'bout just some stats of punitive action taken v. number of reports.  No one needs to be identified.  Show us you are in fact being thorough.

With MW3 I was able to email you incriminating video and snapshot evidence and you took prompt action at least by resetting stats.  What happened to this.  Why would you stop this method of reporting by which the evidence is brought directly to you instead of you having to search for it in a sea of potential false reports.

Without satisfactory answers to these questions, it's hard to believe you're taking the issue as seriously as you'd like us to believe.

Unless, of course, I regret to say a reset or banned player may also be the next lost customer for your present and future titles.

ImTheCaTaLysT-

League play- filled with boosters

SND- filled with headshot trickshot sniper boosters

Ground War- bunch of kids that stand AFK and let the other team get killstreaks

Nothing will be done. This game has been so far gone the devs won't even bother with a small amount of boosters when people have been complaining about lag, server issues, and connectivity since day 1.

YO_MOM_IS_NEXT

i add all boosters i report to my friend list. not one ban. i just hit PM. i should have just boosted. maybe i'll boost for diamond camo? nuclear medal?