30 Replies Latest reply: Jun 21, 2013 4:15 PM by BobbyMcGee RSS

Where has support gone?

BobbyMcGee

Can a moderator or preferably a dev comment on what is going on here??? This boosting sh!t is getting way out of hand. Will there be a patch or what?

• Re: Where has support gone?
    ClonedLF

Support has gone into outer space. And in outer space no one can hear you complain.

NkoSekirei

the support went down the toilet serously and im getting tired of the constant freezing from backing and rejoing parties its becoming more annoying

Padiego

Support has gone where my hopes and dreams are.

Edit: So somewhere in Canada....or Cambodia

one_of_ten

It's time to finally admit it here. We've been bent over the table.  We were absolutely mislead by people who have been doing it professionally for years, and they will try to mislead your expectations again. We should thank Treyarch for adding support for the wiimote and gamepad play, but this goes well beyond Treyarch. For all intents and purposes, this is a Microsoft franchise now, and they're sure as hell paying for it. Nintendo just can't be bothered with 3rd parties.. We were meant to be marginalized from the very beginning. We didn't do anything wrong when we chose to buy this version at launch. I guess what I'm saying is, don't get fooled again because the next time it'll be your own fault.

Foxhound-Pro

BobbyMcGee wrote:

Can a moderator or preferably a dev comment on what is going on here??? This boosting sh!t is getting way out of hand. Will there be a patch or what?

Boosters you need to report in-game.

That's all I can say and I can't officially speak on any other implied forms of "support." You can always contact Activision Customer Support if you need other things addressed.

Chief Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

bughunt

Are you able to forward anything on to a developer?  Even if it's for a different console?  My hope is that it will, eventually, be passed on to the correct people.

I am aware that you are just the Chief forum Moderator, but you would have a kind of authority if you were to mention this to them.

The boosting is bad enough and really needs to be addressed, but there is a serious glitch that is being abused that is causing serious problems in random public matches.

wwaxdano

U mean the hijacked domination c flag glitch were u run off back of the boat on the right hand side and spawn behind a flag n kill all the enemy before they even have a chance to secure the flag lol

bughunt

I heard of that glitch late last year.  From my knowledge it was patched, wasn't it?  I would be highly surprised if it wasn't lol

But no, this is a different glitch.  I'm not sure exactly how much can be done with it, but look at all of the options available to change in a "custom match" and then imagine being able to use them in a public lobby.

wwaxdano

Post how its done .They dont give a rats arse about us so make it public knowledge I say

bughunt

That's something that I won't be doing, sorry.  My goal is prevention, not promotion.

This game is getting frustrating to play as it is with boosters and those who are abusing this glitch as it is, and it's only getting worse without me showing how to do it.

I've tried sending a few PMs around to relevant people with the details and proof.  I've also been posting proof to the forums to spread awareness.  I'm sending out tweets right now to try and get the developers onto this.

barolb

I may be sounding like an ungrateful jerk, but the chances of preventing an already large crack from getting any larger is unlikely; especially when we're not the handyman people who can fix it. I personally see no point in trying to cover for a problem that will eventually get worse. If you can't complain about a problem, then you're giving an 'OK' and saying "There are no problems with this game", when in reality that couldn't be farther from the truth.

bughunt

Not at all, I completely understand your logic with that.  I had considered this and even thought recently that, with the slow acknowledgements that I've been getting and the clear lack of support, that I should just go ahead and open the flood gates.  I could post how a few of these nasty glitches can be done and let it progress from there.  More people would be made aware, more people would use it and more voices will be shouting for help.  That could result in bringing attention to it.

The catch is that it's tough to see WHEN this glitch is being used, as I had explained in some of my previous posts.  I got lucky with catching it in use and having the proof.  All I will be doing is tarnishing my name and further ruining the game for everybody else.

It may just end up with over half of the community running riot on the other half who have no idea what is going on and blame it on "the lag".  Another situation similar to the Wii and all the cheating that was going on.

It's just a game, sure.  But it's a game that cost us players money and I wouldn't want to be responsible anyway.

All I can do is the best that I can do.  If my efforts result in a patch and a one-time clean up, then that would be awesome.  If not?  Well..what else can I say?

barolb

You, sir, are awesome. I've had similar thoughts previously. Ever since they patched MW3 after the multiplayer for the game broke, this has honestly seemed like a legitimate idea to get attention. Of course, there are other ways, and in those ways the law can also be included in it, to help make a point, but this personally would probably be the funnest way to go about with it.

Anyone would most likely will get banned from doing it though, although i wouldn't mind posting videos of it. If i get hated on for breaking something that's already broken, and as a result it gets fixed, then that's all good. I honestly don't care to get hate on it. if someone complains to me that i helped break the game, then that person hasn't seen that the game its self was already pretty broken before me, or anyone, intentionally tried to break it.

The idea can work, but there's also the fact that the chances of them fixing it, if the multiplayer is broken completely, is not 100%. In other words, it may not even be worth the time and effort to try breaking the multiplayer, despite how possible it is with the lack of patches for the game and the many issues.

I really don't feel like wasting more time on this game though. If it can be avoided, i'd avoid it. This game has issues as it is, and the more people play and discover glitches, the more broken the game can become, but sadly eitherway you still have to spend time trying to break it. Spending time on the game is basically saying, IMO, "I'd still support this title despite how the quality of service had degraded to nothing!".

ClonedLF

It's nice seeing a respectful argument between two intelligent persons for once in these forums.

bughunt

Right back at you

I would have no issues with taking a ban if I knew that it would result in some positive action.  I lose my ability to post on the forums but the community, as a whole, wins.  The emergency patch for MW3 was also the exact same thing that has been bouncing around my head and tempting me to take the risk.

But the unfortunate difference is that the major issue in MW3 was clear and easy to see.  This glitch for BO2 is (from what I am able to assume since I haven't gone ahead and tested it) dangerously powerful and easily game breaking.  It just isn't that easy for an unsuspecting player to notice that something is seriously wrong, especially with how the game has performed so far with the "lag".

Although, I did read a post just a moment ago of somebody who was accused of forcing host.  This glitch does actually have the ability of this...  Maybe there is hope that others will pick up on it.  But using the report feature is only effective if they are acknowledged and then acted on.

And I agree with you again.  The fact that this glitch exists means that the game is already broken.  It's not that wide spread....yet...but it could soon be.  I just can't be certain that anything will be done about it if I did open the gates.

I crave competitive FPS games, especially when it's against other human players.  But I can't help but feel that, like yourself, continuing to play this game is only aiding the downfall of a series.  This isn't the game I hoped it would be.

I can walk away from it.  I have many other games to play.  I could also drop the bomb before I go since I have nothing to lose - I no longer play it.  But my morals wouldn't allow it, not when I can't be certain that a fix could happen later on.

barolb

@ClonedLF: I'm pretty sure my intelligence is below average or average, to be honest. I'm being serious. It's either that, or i've just been around too many highly intelligent people throughout my life. I still thank you for the compliment, but i don't really view myself as being very intelligent.

@BugHunt: Not worth the trouble IMO. Losing the ability to post can be bad if you ever decided you wanted to post. Giving some hints here and there i think is good enough. Urging some people, without actually urging them, to look into it helps. I tried dropping a few hints about the target finder through solid walls, but it didn't catch on X_X

Regarding the issues in MW3 vs Black Ops 2, in Black Ops 2 there are many more issues, i believe, that can technically accumilate to perceive it as being a 'broken game'. The issues in MW3 were clear to fix to have the game somewhat functioning, but the more issues that technically make the game unplayable the better; it means more they have to fix.

Hence why it's not worth it to go too far. people can research this stuff themsleves easily, YouTube videos are options. Notifying them through means such as "There is a glitch that can do this" can allow, and give the person reading it, an idea of what the glitch does and then they can search elsewhere on the internet for it. Eventually they'll find some info on it. That's why i wouldn't mind posting YouTube videos of it. Besides, any videos you upload to YouTube are nolonger yours anyways. I research things too much X_X

There is that, but also, i just don't want to 'give' Activision and Treyarch more of my time. They got my $60, they got 10 days of my life on the game, and i don't believe they deserve more than that.

There are many ways to be a jerk about it, but i don't believe morals count towards inanimate objects. To get yourself banned is one thing, but not always do sacrifices need to be made. In the game of chess there are times where you must sacrifice pieces, but in real life that isn't always the case. Success through means of success is true success. Doing it all without being banned- you succeed, and from that success and you succeed again.

Personally, i wouldn't have enough motivation to try discover new glitches. No doubt with my luck i would if i did, but likewise i stopped playing the game. I've gone on only a few times in the past several weeks, and to try and put effort towards something that i don't care about anymore seems like a waste to me. They got some of my time, and they got my money, so i don't think they need anything more from me other than to read my complaints. They could have gotten more of both if everything was more like the other platforms, like with longer post launch support and properly fixing the Wii Remote sniping.

BobbyMcGee

Wow are you crazy? Post how its done? Absolutely not...

wwaxdano

crazy is as crazy does .but serious if we want this game fixing, that would be the way forward .you dont like it bobby so what i dont care what you think .all support for this game has stopped and if it takes exposing a major glitch to get a patch/ fix then im all for it. to bad IT WILL HAVE TO GO VIRAL BEFORE ITS STOPPED.if i knew what the glitch was it would have been exposed already because im not frightened of my own shadow ;P

Aioz

here is what we should do, STOP buying this franchise, at least for this console, i bought this game cause of a need for a fps game, and i definetly didnt buy wii u cause of 3rd party games, if you want COD games so much i would recomend buying it for PC (if u dont want to support other consoles, if u want you are free to do so) i personally consider the PC version better cause u can use an xbox controller, PS3 controller wii u pro controler, keyboard or any other controller that can be conected to PC (not sure if wii mote).

I learned my lesson here, i wont buy any COD title if another one is released for nintendo, besides there are great games coming up this great console that 3rd party developers havent used to its max potential.