15 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2013 12:51 PM by acm2010 RSS

PLEASE ANSWER??

XxARKxFIRExX

Ok so i am pretty sure i already know the answer to my question.....BUT with new Xbox one having no backwards compatibilty will treyarch possibly be able to convert Black ops 2 to xbox one format ? i mean im not saying its easy but id think it wouldnt be impossible to render the maps and such into the new engine that xbox one is running on tho time consuming it could be a chance for treyarch to have like a re-relase of an already awesome title but any ways!!! AM I JUST WISHING FOR THE IMPOSSSBLE BY WANTING TO SEE BLACK OPS 2 ON THE NEW BOX?

• Re: PLEASE ANSWER??
    acm2010

They won't. The game cycle ends some time in October. When that time comes, they are going to shove BO2 aside, and start make their new game for the 360 and the X1.

XxARKxFIRExX

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats lame as **** out of all the games i never be ale to play the one id love to see the most is bo2 despite all its set back and such still an alright game

acm2010

If treyarch had the time, money, manpower, and some generosity they could do it for free.

P0nic0rn78

Tomorrow, when you go to work..if your boss tells you that you wouldn't be paid this week because he paid you last week and the week before and out of generosity you should work this week for free, how would you feel?

You know Treyarch is made up of Artists, Programmers, Designers and support staff with families they are trying to feed too.  Stop trying to get freebies.

acm2010

P0nic0rn78 wrote:

Tomorrow, when you go to work..if your boss tells you that you wouldn't be paid this week because he paid you last week and the week before and out of generosity you should work this week for free, how would you feel?

You know Treyarch is made up of Artists, Programmers, Designers and support staff with families they are trying to feed too.  Stop trying to get freebies.

That is why "if" is bold and underlined because the Emoticons are not working for some reason on my end, so it would not be able to show that the comment I made was supposed to be sarcastic. Also I do volunteer at my work place. I have not complained about the freebies that treyarch has already given to us, so way to go for not comprehending what I had said.

deamonomic

I actually have not read anywhere official that says games will not be backwards compat. if you have seen this I would request a link

nicedrewishfela

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/the-differences-between-the-xbox-one-and-ps4-as -far-as-we-know/

• Neither system is backwards compatible, although Sony announced a plan to support PS3 backwards-compatibility through Gaikai, a streaming service, sometime in 2014.
        deamonomic

nicedrewishfela wrote:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/the-differences-between-the-xbox-one-and-ps4-as -far-as-we-know/

• Neither system is backwards compatible, although Sony announced a plan to support PS3 backwards-compatibility through Gaikai, a streaming service, sometime in 2014.

what I meant by official is a release from MS themselves. otherwise I just consider it a rumor

nicedrewishfela

Happy? http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

Q:    Will Xbox One be backward compatible with my existing games?

A:    Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games—games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment you have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future.

deamonomic

wow wasnt expecting you to go find the second link. most wont do that TYVM. it sucks that it wont be backwards compat

starbuckfrack

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Happy? http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

Q:    Will Xbox One be backward compatible with my existing games?

A:    Xbox One hardware is not compatible with Xbox 360 games. We designed Xbox One to play an entirely new generation of games—games that are architected to take full advantage of state-of-the-art processors and the infinite power of the cloud. We care very much about the investment you have made in Xbox 360 and will continue to support it with a pipeline of new games and new apps well into the future.

Doesnt stop them from making an emulator.

Besides someone from MS did breifly mention something that went along the same lines as the PS3 .

nicedrewishfela

I expect to see a lot of these old games in an XBox One Arcade format.

Personally disappointed as I love going back and playing the old games, but I can't think of many Game systems that were truly backwards compatible. I am sure that when I do get the new gen... I won't want to go back and play the older gen games as much as I loved them. And.. if I do... I may just keep my old XBox in order to do so.

When Nintendo 64 came out I don't think I ever went back and played my NES. It sucks, but its pretty much always been the way with console gaming.

starbuckfrack

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I expect to see a lot of these old games in an XBox One Arcade format.

Personally disappointed as I love going back and playing the old games, but I can't think of many Game systems that were truly backwards compatible. I am sure that when I do get the new gen... I won't want to go back and play the older gen games as much as I loved them. And.. if I do... I may just keep my old XBox in order to do so.

When Nintendo 64 came out I don't think I ever went back and played my NES. It sucks, but its pretty much always been the way with console gaming.

That was something I remember them mentioning.

PS2 was PS1 compatable.

You know there is an emulator you can get for the Wii , and to run it your dont have to mod your console at all. You just need an Indiana Jones game to make the sytem reboot and it loads the Homebrew Browser. Then once its on there it stays on there even with new Wii updates.

I even play Arcade Games on an emulator on that one. too bad though my wifes laptop cant play games like that.