1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 100 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2013 10:45 PM by BuX Go to original post RSS
  • 40. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    deamonomic

MUPHinATHONG wrote:

I am not against them selling us reskinned maps, but I do have a problem with paying the same amount of money for it. To explain:

Map pack 1: 4 new maps, DLC gun, Zombie Map -- $15

Map pack 2: 3 new maps, 1 reskinned map, Zombie Map -- $15

Map pack 3: 3 new maps, 1 reskinned map, Zombie Map -- $15

If they want to give us reskinned maps, fine, but lower the price to $10 or $12.. I knew after paying for the Elite during Modern Warfare 3 that something like this would happen, and those that paid the $50 up front would ultimately be ripped off. I decided to purchase the map packs 1-by-1, and I'm glad that I won't have to spend any money on this next pack.

are you guys really in an uproar over one map being dedicated to making OTHER fans happy? are you not still getting 3 NEW maps? I mean I dont get the anger here or the want of a lower price. you are still getting a map that was previously unavailable. I dont see how its a rip off at all. after all the community at large enjoys those maps. sure to you it might suck but more often then not the players actually enjoy those maps.

• 41. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    nicedrewishfela

I am not a huge fan of the idea. Why? Because I bought a new game. I want new things. Sure I loved a lot of the old maps... but I played them already, I want something new.

That being said, Treyarch actually does a pretty good job re-skinning the maps, but admit it... it is pretty lazy. I think all we are asking for as a community is a little innovation. Black Ops did a great job with this. The maps were fresh and new and whether you liked them or not.. they took some chances on the design.

I want to see them take new chances.

• 42. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    ab36

I feel like the best maps they've made were from Black Ops 1 and WaW, so if they could include some WaW maps that'd be nice. I'm glad that Summit is back though. Unless they can start making good new maps, I'd rather play maps that are actually good, even if they are from Black Ops 1 or WaW.

• 43. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    NoLifeKing29

agreed. I would like to see a WaW map in DLC 4.

• 44. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    JunkChunk

Staduim for sure, glad you that you mentioned it man ! I forgot all about it. One of my favorites.  Back on topic- It would be great if they just gave us the re-skins but I think we all know that won't happen. I also hope the new maps are better to play than they look.

• 45. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    NoLifeKing29

After Magma and Vertigo, I'll take old maps.

• 46. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    BAREWarrior

I was legit going to make a sarcastic post about remaking a WaW map lmao

• 47. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    deamonomic

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I am not a huge fan of the idea. Why? Because I bought a new game. I want new things. Sure I loved a lot of the old maps... but I played them already, I want something new.

That being said, Treyarch actually does a pretty good job re-skinning the maps, but admit it... it is pretty lazy. I think all we are asking for as a community is a little innovation. Black Ops did a great job with this. The maps were fresh and new and whether you liked them or not.. they took some chances on the design.

I want to see them take new chances.

yea but you ARE getting new maps. so what if ONE out of FOUR are meant for different fans. if you dont like it swell you got 3 other maps. infact if what posted above is true then 2 out of 10 maps are remakes. that does not seem all that bad to me? Im just curious why people dont want others to be able to have remakes when they already get several new maps for themselves.

• 48. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    nicedrewishfela

I get why they did it. I do.

And as i have said, some of the reskinned maps are pretty outstanding.

My point is just that I got a new game, I want new maps. I have played the old games. I have played every map on each of those games, hundreds if not thousands of times. I loved some, I hated some.

I just want to see them put thought and effort into the DLC. Make it really worth buying. I am not sure why you insist on dividing the community yet again into "Fans who like old maps" versus "Fans who don't like old maps". I don't think it is as simple as that.

I think as fans and players we ALL want the same thing: Fun, diverse maps. If they re-release an old map but do an outstanding job of it, like Studio, I think we are all cool with it. But I played Firing Range a lot... and I mean a LOT. I had some crazy number like 30 days into Black Ops. I have seen it. I hate to watch people go right back into their bad habits and same old strategies again. I'd rather have to figure something new out and have new experiences than re-live old ones. That is me, personally. I don't understand why people always want to go backwards rather than forwards.

I think what I'd really love to see is the Devs learn from the past rather than just go back and reskin it. Look at popular maps and see what made them so popular. Go back to games like W@W and Black Ops and rather than giving us the same thing.... take those lessons and apply them into new, innovative Map Design. Stop with the nonsense and learn from and collaborate with IW on ideas and innovations. Yes they are different studios, but the series is still Call of Duty either way. Swallow their pride, look at what has worked or failed in the Modern Warfare Games and integrate that into map design.

I just worry that, with a new generation coming out, we've allowed, and in some cases encouraged laziness from the Devs. We continue to do that, the product is going to suffer.  I'd like to see forward thinking, rather than looking back all the time.

• 49. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    deamonomic

but my point is this. you say that you are playing a new game and that you want new maps. thing is though you ARE getting NEW maps. only a fraction of the maps are remakes and those are meant for those who DO want the old maps. Their only other option would be to ignore the players who want the remake or to offer it seperatly as a different purchase at which point people will still complain that they had to pay.

I get what you guys are saying you want new maps not old ones. but agian you are getting new maps. its not like 3/4 of them are remakes not even 2/4 of them are remakes. 1 out of 4 maps. Why should the players who do want that map get shafted because others want 4 new maps instead of 3 because having one less new map somehow takes away from the actual new ones?

again I dont see why people cant simply go Hey we got 3 new maps! whoopie! instead of that they come here to tell the developers they are not doing enough. Why is it fair to tell them that they are not learning from the past by bring back maps that players loved before, even though they are STILL giving you new maps and infact the people who want the old maps to return are not getting exactly what they wish either as only 3 maps in the past what 8 months? have made a return. How is it fair to call them Lazy for reskinning ONE map out of FOUR.

does nobody but me remember CoD4 where the maps were pretty much cut and pasted from the campaign?

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next