1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 100 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2013 10:45 PM by BuX Go to original post RSS
  • 20. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    ZomblSlaya

they should give re skinned maps out for free like they did with terminal in mw3, players who dont buy dlc would get something, old players who enjoeyed the original maps would get something and treyarch would get postive feedback from the fans. paying for revamped maps is poor, i think its a rip off treyarch seriously need to give a few maps out for free to fix this or even have extra mp maps in the last map pack

• 21. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    nicedrewishfela

Not going to complain. So far the re-skins have been OK and I have enjoyed them (Except for Nuketown, but let's face it... you can't polish a turd).

As for the final DLC... I hope that there are no further reskins. What I would rather see is some brand new concepts. I want to see them really stretch their imaginations and give us something spectacular. Go off the beaten path a little bit. Enough with the Cargo boxes already... enough with the moving vans. Give us something unexpected, something new. Throw in some crazy elements.

This team is most likely going to be tasked with a future installment of the game, be it another Black Ops or a new iteration of the Call of Duty name(Selfishly hoping that they are tasked with a WWII game for the new generation of consoles). I, for one, would like them to use the final DLC as a testing ground for some ground-breaking map design. Give us interactive elements, show us something we haven't seen before. Not an easy task, but would love to see them try it and give us something brand new to send this game off in style.

• 22. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    ZomblSlaya

XD i hope the last dlc is steered for zombie fans more than mp fans, its taken three titles for them to do this and i hope this time they make there move for it, mp fans get 4 maps per dlc zombies get 1 so i hope its for zombiue fans more than mp

• 23. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    trialstardragon

If I had known they were going to do this, then no I would not have got the season pass, nor would I buy the map packs. I dont buy a new game for old reskinned maps. I buy a new game for new maps. So yeah this is sort of a ripoff to those of us who expected new maps not rehashed old maps.

• 24. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    trialstardragon

Have to disagree that it was the best map in both games. Never really cared for it in BO, still dont really care for it in BO2 either.

Can say I learned my less, no more buying season pass no matter what susposed extra it may get or not. I will just wait until a map is out and see what it has first before buying or not.

• 25. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    SitRepPro

You are correct.  I mistook the brick wall close to the Marines/Rangers spawn on Strike for my flanking route, which is a little further down the hill.  It's a handy route for Domination as I went unchallenged so often going from A to C.

• 26. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    nicedrewishfela

I think the format is fair. 4 MP and 1 Zombie map each time. The Zombie maps are larger and have a storyline attached so they need more programming. As a Season Pass holder, 1/5th of my investment is wasted as I have no interest in playing Zombies... at all. If the final DLC is all Zombies, you can guarantee one very unhappy customer here, and I am sure I wouldn't be the only one.

• 27. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    r8edtripx

BAREWarrior wrote:

Im all for them saying "hey we're going to do a RESKIN PACK" but don't reskin maps in the intial 4. Season Pass owners like me, feel ripped off. I dont want to play BO 1 maps or else I'd be on BO 1

I hear what you're saying as far as that's one less original map you're getting. I can see that.

...but playing a reskinned map in the newer COD with different perks and scorestreaks + misc. isn't the same as playing the map in an older COD. I'm really enjoying playing Studio.

• 28. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    deamonomic

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I think the format is fair. 4 MP and 1 Zombie map each time. The Zombie maps are larger and have a storyline attached so they need more programming. As a Season Pass holder, 1/5th of my investment is wasted as I have no interest in playing Zombies... at all. If the final DLC is all Zombies, you can guarantee one very unhappy customer here, and I am sure I wouldn't be the only one.

I dont have the maps. I wish I did, but from what I hear they have basically been releasing 4 maps and 1 zombie with 1 of the 4 MP maps being a remake of a past map. which if that is how it goes I think is incredibly fair. For those complaining about the fan favorites being brought back, your still getting more then just a remake of an old map are you not?

• 29. Re: Maps, are we complaining again.
    r8edtripx

nicedrewishfela wrote:

Not going to complain. So far the re-skins have been OK and I have enjoyed them (Except for Nuketown, but let's face it... you can't polish a turd).

I you care too much about your stats, and run high scorestreaks in Nuketown 2025, I can see how you might rage. Someone spawning right behind you when you're close to getting something good will suck.

...however, you're going to spawn right behind someone at some point to make up for it, so if you run the low streaks, and go in with a whatever attitude, the non-stop action makes Nuketown a sparkling precious diamond. (ok, maybe a little over the top, but a great map nonetheless)

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next