23 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2013 8:45 AM by mdm123456789 RSS

This needs to be addressed, it's been too long

mechanizedfox93

I just finished plaing black ops 2 and the last game was ground war tdm on raid. I turned off my ps3 when I had like 7 kills and 8 deaths, all but one of those  deaths were from pistols. I was using a vector laser sight extended mags. I got outgunned about 30 feet away by a tac 45 user who didn't have toughness on and I shot first. Then a br23-r one bursts me as I walk out of spawn. There were more deaths like that but the final straw was when i hip fired 3 feet away and a guy with a silenced five-7 completely destroys me. Why didn't these pistols get fixed. I understand that the pistols can't be useless like in mw3, but why are they still so strong. I have diamond pistols and have well over a 1 kd with all of them. Pistol users will say that they use a point on their create a class, so therefore the pistols should be usable. Funny thing is that I used 3 points for my smg, but I guess that means nothing to the casual obserever. Sorry for the rant, I reall had to vent my frustration. 

• Re: This needs to be addressed, it's been too long
    Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Supossedly they already nerfed the two pistols but they still seem to have unbelievable range.

ChestSplittah

I don't believe it is the pistols. I think it has to do with coding for people that uses the pistols. If they make you spend a point on them,  they have to compensate somehow. They look and react and have nearly a ttk as Juggernaut users in CoD4/W@W.

mdm123456789

There's nothing wrong with the pistols. They've done nerfed two of'em so get off it. You say you're done playing? Well good. That's one less,"His gun beat mine, so nerf it." noob running around in the game.

PainofJustice

lol i know where your coming from but its hard for them to find the right balance in black ops they were useless in black ops 2 you can run them single handed perhaps what they can do is try to find the midway area between the two games pistols

perhaps taking atleast 4 bullets to kill two if damaged but then we have the fully automatic pistols

this thing is really complicated

ghamorra

Each pistol has it's own significant advantage. The KAP 40 is moderate all around except for it's TTK which ranks in the very top out of every non OHK gun. The B23r has pretty good damage but that pretty good damage is tripled because of it's burst and it also has decent range. The Tac 45 has range and damage, it's a two shot kill at ranges where SMGs max out at. Then the five seven is balanced but has a really big magazine size.

In the end they all have one huge advantage over every other gun in the game, what sets this off though is map size. Each pistol has some of the best TTK in the game when fired in close quarters and with these maps being so small that's where the frustration comes from

xbecause_logic

Maybe it's just me, but I find these "[gun] beat out my gun, it's too OP, nerf it!" complaints getting a bit old.  I mean do you really expect win every gun fight you're in just because the weapon you're using is better, you fired the first shot, and/or a combination of both?

What I find funny is all of these complaints I see in these forums and hear in the game of how stupid this game is because so-and-so beat so-and-so in a gun fight. It's just not fair, right? If someone loses a gun fight, it's obviously not tht players fault and it has to do with the game not being balanced and/or weapons being way too OP.  I also like the fact that almost no one ever says anything like "Wow, I can believe I killed this guy.  He was shooting at me first and I got really lucky." Of course no one says that because they don't remember the gun fights they had where they were either at a major disadvantage and won or the gun fights where they reacted much later or was shot a first, but still managed to kill them. Why? Because a lot of you like to focus on the negatives in this game. You remember the bad things that happen in the game to you and forget the times where you did it to someone else.

Again, maybe it's just me, but what makes this game almost unplayable isn't head-glitching, spawn-trapping, bad spawns, lag, etc.  It's the number of players who do nothing but complain about everything.  Stop using [OP weapon], stop throwing C4, stop using shock charges, OMG bouncing betties, OMG assualt shield, OMG stop knifing, OMG quit hardscoping, OMG quit quickscoping, OMG hunter killer drone always finds me, etc etc etc.  Seriously.  /Rant over.

Luckily, I found a group of friends who play and enjoy the game, whether or not we win or lose. We have fun, we laugh, and we don't complain.  And the game is really enjoyable.

Lawman911

Pistols are OPed, when you start seeing secondary weapons used as primaries you know there is an issue. If a pistols range is farther than a SMG then that's an issue. A pistol should not be a 3 hit kill at all ranges.  Pistols should be secondary, used to continue to be in the fight when out of ammo, needing to reload. Guess what though they are done fixing the game, they are not going to adjust anything. They have our money and they know they will always have the thousands of sheep who will buy the game and all the add ons every time.

Dr_QuiCKScOP3r

Are you sure you fired the first shot? A lot of times when you thought you shot first isn't exctly what hapened. You may be lagging and while you believe you shot first, the reality is you didn't.

Yppecaye_the_Dogged
    Lawman911

They have our money and they know they will always have the thousands of sheep who will buy the game and all the add ons every time.

Can you explain the contradiction in tone & substance between your posts above.  Or is it that you just like to naysay for naysaying's sake.

Lawman911

My point is that TreyArc is not worried at this point to make any big adjustment to the game, whether its fixing spawns, weapons, glitches/hacks, or the other myriad of issues. The honeymoon period is done, they did enough on their end to give the impression that they cared and have gotten all the real money they are going to get from a majority of the players (new, longtime, or casual). DLC are designed for the real hardcore player most will probably buy it, regardless of any issues the game has or will have down the road.

TheLegend28

Kind of an old video of mine, but my thoughts on pistols/secondaries in this game remain the same.

My issue with pistols is that they shouldn't be able to be used as primaries. The point of a secondary is to be able to bail you out of a tight situation when your out of ammo for your primary. The problem with Black Ops 2 is that these pistols excel in close quarters, especailly since they nerfed the **** out of sub machine guns, and most engagements you find in this game are close quartered

To be honest I don't think much can be done to "fix" them unless you remove every map and start from scratch with new ones.

mdm123456789

TheLegend28 wrote:

The pistols are fine how they are and are not OP. After watching your video, which is good game play might I add, you of course talk about the pistols being OP and how you shouldn't be able to kill "from across the map". You let it be known that you get 40+ kills with it and that you are beating people in heads-up battles, this that and this. The thing is, after watching your video, I see why you got 40+ kills and YOU even talk about how to do it. And using the strategy you use, anyone who knows how to use a pistol could do as well as you did in your vid. Here is, what I think, are the flaws I see in your argument.

1. You mention that you figure out which building or buildings the enemy spawns behind, which, by it's self is a big advantage in a lot of situations no matter what you use. Especially if you know how to use it.

2. You didn't get ANY kills from across the map like you were talking about and with me being an avid pistol user and play nothing but hardcore, the most you can get are hit markers from,"across the map". That is unless you get a lucky headshot, then yes, they drop.

3. If you go back and watch your video, there's not too many "head to head" battles to began with. Most of your kills came from catching the enemy of guard, which is awesome.The battles that were head to head were close wins and could of easily been won by the simple lack of accuracy on the enemy's part. or, once again, catching them off guard and their efforts of getting the kill are just too little too late.

To say the remaining pistols are OP is just obserd and the choice one makes to run just a pistol is their choice like the choice you made in your vid. They've nerfed the cap40 and the b23r. Plus, if you really think about it, not too many people use pistols to begain with. Now, with that said, the pistols will SEEM to be OP if you come accross someone who knows how to use them, like yourself and others. But like I said, that's far and in between.

Great video though and please don't think I'm trying to troll your stuff here. This is just my opinion from me using the pistols and watching your video.

TheLegend28

If you're "not trying to troll" then for the love of God can you please actually read the posts you respond to.

Pistols excel in close quarters. Sub machine guns have been overly nerfed. The game caters to close quarters gun fights.

Where did I say they were overpowered and need to be fixed? I appreciate the postive comments on my video, but please read what I wrote before actually responding

mdm123456789

TheLegend28 wrote:

If you're "not trying to troll" then for the love of God can you please actually read the posts you respond to.

I read and watched every bit of what you posted.

TheLegend28 wrote:

The game caters to close quarters gun fights.

That's all these CoD games have ever been based around.

TheLegend28 wrote:

Where did I say they were overpowered and need to be fixed?

Go back and watch your video.

phxs72

I fully expect that the rest of the pistols sans the Executioner will get nerfed soon.  Personally I don't think that they need a nerf but the tea leaves say that they will get it anyway.  The pistols in BO2 are decent.  However, they aren't as good as any of the primaries.  In fact they take some work just to pull off a decent game.  You need an opposing team that is easily flanked or you have to headglitch like an All Star Pro.  Sure I've done it plenty of times but I've also had plenty of matches where getting a kill with a pistol was like pulling teeth.  I'm sure that we all have.  The way that I see it, is a gun should be able to kill someone and if you are going to require 5 to 6 bullets to kill at mid range then they should be deadly up close.  BO1 pistols took 5 to 6 bullets it seemed to kill at barrel stuffing range.  Those were useless.  At least these pistols have a purpose.

Izjar11

pistols are stronger than what they use to be, why exactly? Not sure.

I get out gunned (still) by pistol wielding players in full frontal fights, ones where we each see each other and attempt to kill. This really shouldn't happen, but hey its part of the game.

s_paw1

I don't understand why people keep complaining about pistols and never about shotguns. My skill level gets multiplied 5X when I use a shotgun. I barely ever get a lodestar when using any other gun but almost every game when using shotguns. Shotguns are so easy this game. Then I thought I mastered the shotguns and went back to play MW3 with spas and all i got was hitmarkers.

This makes me believe that any gun in BO2 has the potential of being "OP". They nerfed PDW, MSMC, FAL and now these pistols are OP.