41 Replies Latest reply: Oct 29, 2013 2:41 PM by Mounster__102 RSS

ray gun mark 2? Ray gun and thundergun mixed?

Mikeyishere

I have no idea

• Re: ray gun mark 2? Ray gun and thundergun mixed?
    CSAWWWWW

Again, if and IF- looks more like Ray Gun & Wave Gun mixed to me...

Spaceboss

It looks like a larger ray gun and probably shoots like an assault rifle with lasers that explode on contact of zombie and does splash damage.

xMisfitxx

It looks like a Wunderwaffe, and a ray gun mixed together. But it would be pretty cool if it shot more like a flamethrower.

Just adding to this. I think after seeing the trailer that it is quite possible that this Ray gun Mark II is a mix of a ray gun and a flamethrower. A lot of people are saying there is a new perk that sets bullets on fire based on how the ray gun left a flame effect in the trailer, but no I don't see the effect on any of the other weapons on the trailer. So I'm going to have to say that I believe that is just how the ray gay was designed. Go google a flamethrower and compare it to this new ray gun. It looks like the long tip at the end of the ray gun is a igniter like on flamethrowers, giving the ray gun the flamer effect but it also part ray gun so you can tap it to shoot a pulse or hold it down for more damage.

Message was edited by: xMisfitxx

YoJackWelch

seems like they've been playing a little bit of Fallout

xMisfitxx

Also consider this for thought. The Wunderwaffe DG-2 was created by Richtofen and the Raygun was created by Maxis. Both of whom have been the two choices for the Tranzit and Die Rise easter eggs. This gun seems to combine the two. And calling it the Raygun Mark II does bear a resemeblance to the name Wunderwaffe DG-2. Also there is an "R" on the side of the gun in the picture. Could just mean Raygun or Richtofen.

timelordalex

im unsure if its gonna replace the current ray gun from buried onwards, or its there lazy way of not making a new WW for this map, but also they dont advertise the new WW of the map usually like they didnt with the sliq/blundegat, and when the peacekeeper was advertised they focused on it and its playable on all maps - is the ray gun mark 2 gonna be added to all maps in BO2?

shadowwalker831

I think it will just be the first WW available to all players on the game -everybody will be able to get it from the box.

Otherwise I really couldn't see them advertising it as a bonus gun, like you said the sliq and bluner weren't and you could only get 1 and 2 of those.

shadowwalker831

But I DON'T want to see them go back and add it to other maps, that's kind of dumb because it will throw off the difficulty dynamics of maps like town, farm and tranzit. That is assuming that this gun is going to be more powerful and useful than the raygun.

timelordalex

the green run survival maps suck for many reasons and one of them is the lack of a WW, and i know myself and many others may play the maps if a WW was added, you can tell no-one likes the maps by the numbers playing on them, people play town cause it has 6 perks and pap

shadowwalker831

I'm not going to get into arguing about the map itself because it has been beaten to death already but let's just say that Tranzit and Die Rise are extremely easy already and don't need another WW. The jet gun was crap but Tranzit is so big you can literally run trains infinitely without any interruption. And the Sliq, although not a clearing weapon like most WW's, was the first WW to really be a full on killing weapon and less of a clearing weapon. The shear killing power of it is unmatched on any other WW. So you might not like it, but it is powerful enough that they will never put anything else on Die Rise.

I know you might not play those maps, but enough people do that they woudn't go back and change the coding of the box weapons just to make people happy. At least that's my opinion.

timelordalex

i dont believe the addition is necessary on motd/die rise as the sliq/blundergat are decent but the whole of green run and nuketown require it, for maps we get on release and nothing special about them, they need it, especially nuketown, i paid £20 for it to only to have f*ck all in it

smokeypervert

It's not about difficulty, it's about fun and replayability. Adding new WWs to all maps adds fun and replayability. If you want a harder game, make it harder on yourself.  It's a round based game people, it will get to your difficulty level sooner or later.

PS: Why is MOTD so bad to some HC zombies players? Because it had alot of cool weapons? So should the next map pack not even include a WW for all the people who thinks having cool weapons is too easy for them? So basically you want to revert back to just the box on Nacht. Your killing this game.

shadowwalker831

It's all about balance. I don't disagree bro, but they have to vary the difficulty and giving you a WW in the survival maps that are supposed to be all about survival and being harder would make things much easier.

For your information I like MotD so before you make assumptions and tell me I'm ruining this game, get to know who you are talking to.

I don't think the maps should be super hard, but you guys sound like BABIES crying for more WW's on Tranzit and Die Rise - straight up.

Adding WW's would add replayabilty? YOu mean adding WW's would spit in the face of the people who toiled with wall guns for hours to get high up on the leaderboards just to bum rush through with a stupid WW. I'm referring strictly to tzit/town/nuketown/farm with that one.

shadowwalker831

Anybody who is half way comeptant knows that Tranzit is so open you don't NEED a WW and Die Rise already has a game breaking easy one that screwed up the leaderboards so bad they will never recover.

Town and Nuketown? Like I said, challenge maps, you have to WORK to get higher in rounds they aren't just going to hand them to you. That being said I don't really like or play these maps but I'm not going to demand that the dev's change the maps to suit my needs.

If you want easy go play easy mode, the zombie players who have been around for a long time know that too easy means that we will only play it a couple times and put it down.

You guys complaining about the maps not being good enough is "killing the game" fool.

smokeypervert

Anyone who if half way competent knows Transit is a boring piece of ****. And no, it needs a WW to even be played again by most. Most likely that wonder weapon won't effect the leaderboards. Mainly because every weapon is crap in high rounds. The Jetgun is what most people would be using on that map to get to high rounds. See this is what I am talking about. Transit might suit you because of it's difficulty, but does not suit us because of its lack of fun. Cool weapons, perks, and features = fun

Nuketown is to many people a piece of **** also. Die Rise is also a little shitty. So it needs some fun too. Balancing is for multiplayer, not a round based game. Difficulty increase as rounds increase. Why can't we have some fun on the way.

PS: The easy mode option does not provide more features. Maybe you should ask for hard mode option. And I am not complaining, my statement was replied to twice by the same person. The maps are not good enough. That's why MOTD happened to be by many people the only good edition to BO2 zombies.

All that aside, difficulty should not matter on this round based game. Maybe 3arc can put full Brutus round for you at round 50. But what 3arc shouldn't do is limit what kind of weapons we can use, or stop innovating with more fun on maps that have failed.

shadowwalker831

Tranzit is easy not hard I think you have me mistaken there, and most people who get to high rounds(not the insane high rounds) don't use the jet gun because it takes too long.

Hmm new features....galvaknuckles, a bank, a moving vehicle, the largest map ever with minimaps in it, buildables, choices with the buildables that effect game play, new zombies, new bosses, new challenges with terrain.

Yeah no new features there.

I agree nuketown sucks but I think it is ONLY because of the way the perks are and guess what? Other players find that to be one of the most appealing things...different maps different players.

Yet again I think you want stuff to be easier but zombies has always been about getting harder and improving yourself under different conditions. Look at moon, if you don't do the easter egg, they PUNISH you for going down by making it rounds before you can see jugs again if you don't work it right. And that map had the most perks features etc. but it was HARD.

Obviously I'm wasting my breath on you, this started out as a simple conversation and debate but you pushed my buttons telling you that I'm "killing this game" when you are doing the same exact thing by your stupid logic. STOP COMPLAINING. If you don't like it go play Bo1 or play a different game.

timelordalex

i agree with you mate, i like zombies to be fun, and have replayablilty, balance is the pathetic excuse and word Jimmy uses for the lack of perks, WWs in maps despite the fact we had them in BO1, and no-one was complaining, the campaign team went to hell with balance in MOTD, and look the best map of BO2 and one of the best overall, i like challenging maps, take a look at Shangri-La, one of the best maps in my opinion, it was tight layout, few places to camp/train, but you had 8 perks, the Shrink Ray to help you - i liked these type of maps, Tranzit - massive wide open map, a place to train for each player, so dead easy on that front, but in feature wise? 6 perks, 5 if solo, no WWs and a $hit weapon choice overall, i want a shangri-la type map back, and like you said if you want harder maps you make it hard, i wish they'd do a map with all perks and all WWs, that would be awesomeness all around and that would suit us players and for the small minority that want it harder and more challenging, fine - dont buy Jug, Flopper or any perks, dont take a WW if it shows up, in MOTD, dont take the free blundergat, or spork, this way the map caters for both type of players, but if you want it harder you have to be the one to do it

strablind

Don't understand why Raygun HAS to be in every map, although its a new Raygun. Just throw back some of the old favrites instead. Thundergun,Wunderwaffe DG-2(WaW version) or even Baby gin form S.La.

Mounster__102

I Want to see a combination between the raygun mark ll and the blundergat